Devils Vs Panthers - March 24th - 6pm- Chat / Updates

According to Elite League website on the fixtures / scores bit, they have Braehead v Devils as next Saturday 30th so looks like we'll have the away leg on Sunday 31st. Surprised if this is the case as I assume Braehead had the choice and would have wanted the second leg... saying that, it's making Devils spend most of Saturday on a bus up and back to the game before playing Sunday.

Chris

Administrator
So is it definitely confirmed that we're playing the Clan after tonights result?

3-6 against the league champions at the tail end of what's been a pretty bad season with injuries isn't too shabby.

I've just had a look at MNL and another 2 goals for Davies, our Brit players certainly seem to have played well across the weekend!

ASHIPP

Bit of a masterclass from the League Champions. Not only fitter and bigger they have special teams within special teams there is so much depth in that squad!Always seemed to have a spare man floating....3 of their goals came from unmarked players outfield.

Devils were matching the Panthers in all departments up to the Kenton Smith incident. A shocking ridiculous call by the ref to put Kenton in the box. Panthers scored and game turned at that point.

Fact is that Panthers finished their chances. Devils had a few chances too. Lady Luck came in the form of a Giants'win. Doesnt eliminate horrendous journey for our Guys next weekend but they at least have a real shot at the playoff qualifiers.

Devils never gave up. Two well taken goals by Ben and what a joy to see our young British players demonstrating how valuable they are to our team.

Wannabe2

ledgend777 said:
According to Elite League website on the fixtures / scores bit, they have Braehead v Devils as next Saturday 30th so looks like we'll have the away leg on Sunday 31st. Surprised if this is the case as I assume Braehead had the choice and would have wanted the second leg... saying that, it's making Devils spend most of Saturday on a bus up and back to the game before playing Sunday.
Would hope that on this occassion the guys would fly.

osh

Kelsey Wilson shouldn't have started the match at all. During the Devils player introductions, he skated behind Taz and tripped him up causing him to fall backwards onto his back.It really could have caused a serious injury and the referee definitely saw it because he skated over to Wilson just before face off to have a word with him. he should have thrown him out of the game there and then. Wilson thought it was funny, I thought it was downright dangerous and stupid!

Earnie

Did not really expect to win against the league leaders and their armful of fit imports. We had chances and did not take them. Seven power plays with nil goals.
Hope PR can do better than travelling in a bus next weekend?

Paul Sullivan

osh said:
Kelsey Wilson shouldn't have started the match at all. During the Devils player introductions, he skated behind Taz and tripped him up causing him to fall backwards onto his back.It really could have caused a serious injury and the referee definitely saw it because he skated over to Wilson just before face off to have a word with him. he should have thrown him out of the game there and then. Wilson thought it was funny, I thought it was downright dangerous and stupid!
Took a while, and it's not a topic I would have suspected, but we finally agree on something 100% :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQMiqHNNHlg&feature=youtu.be

Ger-Devils

Wannabe2 said:
ledgend777 said:
Would hope that on this occassion the guys would fly.
Good luck! Bus trip for them.

Braehead wanted the home leg 1st.

Koop11

A good effort from the short benched Devils. Our young Brits as ever lead the way. A couple of goals Whitley would want back but regardless I think it’s fair to say Nottingham were too strong all over the ice.

I was very disappointed by Dean Smith tonight. He saw what Wilson did to the mascot in the introductions but decided to take no action. Whilst I’m sure it was a funny thing to do, the way the lad fell backwards onto his head was very dangerous.

Even more dangerous is when Lachowicz hit Kenton from behind into the boards and no call was given! Lachowicz is a good honest player and not a dirty one but that was a rash thing to do and should have been penalised but to not even acknowledge the play with a penalty of some sort I found astonishing. Mr Cool Gerad Adams was furious so that says a lot about the play. I’m not suggesting this had any bearing on the result because it certainly didn’t but very disappointed that such dangerous plays went completely unpunished. Smith then shamefully tried to even up with misconduct on Benedict.

That aside, I thought it was a decent enough game. Not overly physical which it was never going to be with our short bench and Nottingham not having much to play for. Last night’s results mean we play Braehead which will not be easy, especially with the up and down travel to Scotland. You would hope the Devils management would bite the bullet and pay for flights, if not one way at least but I don’t see it happening.

Looking forward at the playoffs, I think Nottingham could well win the grand slam this year. No pressure Panthers.

Finny

Koop11 said:
Looking forward at the playoffs, I think Nottingham could well win the grand slam this year. No pressure Panthers.
I would argue that the Conference Title was put of the Grand Slam, and so they can't do it anymore.
The treble is definitely still on though.

mazza03

Wannabe2 said:
ledgend777 said:
Would hope that on this occasion the guys would fly.
I hope so as well, this is an important set of games, we lose.......... we are out of the playoffs, it doesn't bear thinking about. As for our Brits, please sign them straight away. :D

mazza03

Paul Sullivan said:
osh said:
Took a while, and it's not a topic I would have suspected, but we finally agree on something 100% :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQMiqHNNHlg&feature=youtu.be
Wilson and Lepin were a disgrace, after Wilson tacked Taz they were skating round laughing, no respect whatsoever, someone ought to teach them a few manners. :DWD

James

Administrator
I enjoyed the majority of the game but I do feel it was a mistake to announce our playoff fixture was settled against the Clan during the game. The crowd went flat after that, and the players seemed to loose a foot or so of pace as they realised the game didn't matter anymore.

Paul Sullivan

I agree, and normally we wouldn't announce a result that can affect the game. From a financial perspective though the club needed the announcement out as early as possible for sales, especially with a full house in attendance - hence I was asked to announce. Not perfect but likely a necessary evil.

I am clinging to the plus point that not needing to push so hard for the win meant we didn't pick up yet another injury....