Devils Vs Panthers - League - 30th Oct 2021

moggy#9

I was thinking about that philosophy the other night …. Do you think that call would be down to Kelman/Owners or Skalde ?
From previous interviews it would seem the former. It might have short term risks, but it's often likely to pay off in recruitment. The off underperformer is usually outweighed by the quality returnees. That's the problem with the rebuilding this year.

jenks33

Looks like the real sports fans are a bit disgruntled tonight, they really should stop going to games until we starting winning every game............
You do make me chuckle Mazzoak. I would find your loyalty to Skalde and this seasons Devils team very commendable if I felt it had nothing to do with Andrew Lord.
You don’t rate Skalde or this years team that highly tho. You just bloody hated Lord haha.
Whoever was in charge this season you were always likely to sing their praises as you had a bit of an unhealthy obsession with criticising Lord. I wasn’t Lord’s biggest fan by the way, I just don’t get the hatred tho?

CaldicotDevil

I’d be worried if I was Lammon. If they do look at making a change then I’ve got a feeling he’s a likely candidate. I don’t think we will gas anyone as it’s not in our nature but if we do I think he’s a possibility.
Agreed, what makes it worse is seeing Myers doing what he does best and make an absolute nuisance of himself in front of net. Why we didn’t resign him is beyond me.

Valdix a waste of time but can’t remember him icing in the 3rd. He’s still yet to register a point and he’s had about 10 games now.

I know we’ve been spoilt with Hoth & Fourns but we don’t seem to have any creativity in the D.

O’Connor the most frustrating player to watch. He truly is; The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.

Hedd Wyn John

I accept that we won't win every game, but it just didn't feel right tonight. We could sense it and the talk around me was , 'what are we watching?'
Hockey is a funny game. Sometimes you'll lose games you should have won and you win games you should have lost. The Devils deserved nothing put of that game tonight. They rarely looked threatening in front of goal they kept losing at the face offs. Dumping the puck and inviting the panthers back to attack isn't a winning strategy. A few players in the team just aren't just up to the usual Devils standard. The pre-covid team would run rings around this one.

Slartibartfast

I don't think we need to be sacking players because I still believe we have a good team BUT that performance was the worst I have seen from a Devils team for a long time and I don't understand why. I have never seen so many errant passes and dangerous passes.
By the way, who did the blind pass in front of our empty net for Panthers second goal.? I could not make it out from the other end.
Panthers played very well defensively but didn't seem to have much up front. But due to sloppiness they scored 3 goals and it could have been a lot worse.
To see us resorting to dump and chase like the old Adams style of hockey was a sad thing to see when we have such speed and skill on this team.
It was also the flattest atmosphere I have seen for a while. It could have done with McNally throwing some hits to get the team and crowd going.
Very very disappointing. Lets hope they learn from this and bounce back.

I don't think we need to be sacking players because I still believe we have a good team BUT that performance was the worst I have seen from a Devils team for a long time and I don't understand why. I have never seen so many errant passes and dangerous passes.
By the way, who did the blind pass in front of our empty net for Panthers second goal.? I could not make it out from the other end.
Panthers played very well defensively but didn't seem to have much up front. But due to sloppiness they scored 3 goals and it could have been a lot worse.
To see us resorting to dump and chase like the old Adams style of hockey was a sad thing to see when we have such speed and skill on this team.
It was also the flattest atmosphere I have seen for a while. It could have done with McNally throwing some hits to get the team and crowd going.
Very very disappointing. Lets hope they learn from this and bounce back.
It was O'connor

Wannabe2

We were poor tonight, Panthers obviously had a rollicking after last nights performance and came to play, we could still be playing now and still wouldn’t score, it was one of those nights unfortunately, Carr had a great night and we couldn’t hit the side of a barn door. All teams will have nights like this, Steelers had one the other night and it’s very frustrating for everyone. Like has already been said if things ain’t going right then start taking the body, tomorrow is a nothing game but let’s try to get some respect back here. I am as cheesed as anyone with tonight’s result, but as anyone who has ever played team sports knows shit happens and shit certainly happened tonight, plus we don’t even have the entertainment of McNally at the moment which really sucks.

Let’s all wait to see wannabe 2 view on the game tonight ? what a shit game and well played to all the panthers team out played the devils tonight in all departments, no physical play tonight and felt sorry for the home fans ,no atmosphere in the rink tonight and I guess that’s down to watching a boring and lazy team play . next 2 games are cup games would like to see a positive team response to this game and come out and wear the devils shirt with pride and desire !

i've got my doubts this team will be even close to winning silver ware this season.i think we'll finish 5th behind sheffield,belfast,glasgow and nottingham.we may make a semi or two but i think thats all this team is capable of.
our power play has failed to score on the last 8 pps.you won't be winning anything with that pp stat.if nothing is done about it then this will happen a lot.this team just does'nt feel right ie import netminder on the bench no number one centre and what are our tactics exactly?very frustrating and i'm only saying this because i care and want to see us improve.like jenkins said if steve wants the title or to try and win the cc or play offs then we just go through the motions this season and hope things can go back to normal next season.

jenks33

We were poor tonight, Panthers obviously had a rollicking after last nights performance and came to play, we could still be playing now and still wouldn’t score, it was one of those nights unfortunately, Carr had a great night and we couldn’t hit the side of a barn door. All teams will have nights like this, Steelers had one the other night and it’s very frustrating for everyone. Like has already been said if things ain’t going right then start taking the body, tomorrow is a nothing game but let’s try to get some respect back here. I am as cheesed as anyone with tonight’s result, but as anyone who has ever played team sports knows shit happens and shit certainly happened tonight, plus we don’t even have the entertainment of McNally at the moment which really sucks.
I’d agree with that assessment Wannabe if Panthers were at full strength but they were missing so many crucial players tonight. They went into the third period with 14 skaters and 2 of those were two way players. They were always going to give 100% after last night but it still shouldn’t have been enough. I can’t believe we didn’t even score a goal tonight. It’s not as if Carr had to stand on his head. 29 saves is hardly knocking the door down.

august04 2.0

I’d agree with that assessment Wannabe if Panthers were at full strength but they were missing so many crucial players tonight. They went into the third period with 14 skaters and 2 of those were two way players. They were always going to give 100% after last night but it still shouldn’t have been enough. I can’t believe we didn’t even score a goal tonight. It’s not as if Carr had to stand on his head. 29 saves is hardly knocking the door down.
Agreed. Carr was very solid but we didn’t exactly test him.

hip check

All teams have shite nights, a good example is Storm a couple of weeks ago losing 7-0 to Fife then beating Belfast 3-0, a lot of strange results this season and we are now one of the statistics of these strange results.
It's not the disaster that some are suggesting but I have to agree we are definitely lightweight in the scorer department and a bit lackadaisy in our defending. It's a nothing game tomorrow but I'm expecting us to put in a proper performance, I suspect there was some severe arse kicking going on after that performance.

Pembo

Tonight felt like an extended version of the 3rd period in Nottingham a couple of weeks back. Sheffield will often trail but end up backing themselves to galvanise and win the final period we seem to lack the offensive tools they have. Nottingham are a large bodied team and I get impression we seen intimidated by this, also heads seem to drop a bit quicker at the moment, I’m not sure if it’s a lack of leadership in the group or a coaching issue. Valdix coasting slowly towards the bench delaying in play line change seemed symptomatic of general lack of urgency. Sooner McNally back the better as may be able to instigate a bit more passion and physicality beyond the D.