Devils Vs Panthers - 22nd September - 6:45pm F/O - Chatter

ASHIPP

Re: Devils Vs Panthers - 22nd September - 6:45pm F/O - Chatt

Dan's injury is one of several issues affecting team performance. His absence is not the root cause of everything. Whilst a netminder will give the team a chance to win the game, the team still has to play well and execute systems effectively to succeed.

Several individual howling mistakes and a stuttering powerplay really decided last night's game. Panthers were clever and clinical in every aspect and that's the difference.

To be challenging in certain competitions, I will start to worry if the team are not producing results they need in a couple of weeks. Time will definitely be running out by then.

I don't want to be reading/saying ' a gutsy performance from the Devils.....considering the circumstances' in 5 months time. Allegedly the strongest Devils' team on paper for a while they should have hit the ground running. Accepted that they have been beset with injury and roster changes, they should still be able to execute systems and have a Plan B.

voth26

I counted 4 times Kwall dislodged his net no call from hicks just a nice cosy chat!!!, totaly unprofessional for a ref, linesman leaning on panthers bench again having a cosy chat again unprofessional. the officals should be stood either in the circle or by penalty box with NO players around them when there is a break in play such as the flexi issue last night.What the hell was hicks doing last night with his calls an example being henly it took hicks 2 or 3 minutes to decide and the only reason I think he tossed him was when the lino spoke to him yet he was quick enough to call the soft tripping/hooking ones perhaps that is hicks competence level!!! who knows bacause he sure doesnt have the balls to make the big calls on his own :DWD. Nortons goal there was a player clearly in the crease and hicks was looking right at him yet allowed the goal, there are to many players not turning up we flame the imports when they dont perform even gas them,for me hilly is lucky he is a brit he needsto take a hard look in the mirror and finally decide if he's a 6" plus hockey player or not cause he sure as hell aint playing like one ben has more physically about him than phil and ben is about 5 inches shorter at a rough guess he even body checked henly for gods sake. Max needs to play upfront and either batch or quinney on D and for me G needs to hand the C to someone else and let mac concentrate on doing what he does best scoring goals the lines need looking at quickly, and im probaly going to get flamed to hell and back but if Lacosta isnt fit within 2 weeks we have to get a new starting nettie, i understand dans health is paramount but how long do we wait. Any hows roll on the steelers I will be there to support my team as always come on Devils we can only get better

daz said:
if this is the strongest team adams could of put together devils going to struggle this season ! shouldn't have resigned max or smith this year
Excuse me smith is the best dman in our league and if you were a true fan youwouldnt slate 2 of our most valued players and also if you were a true fan you would know that smith was coaches choice of the most hard working last year. By the way have you ever played defence before!!!

D

Deleted member 1337

devilsfan! said:
Excuse me smith is the best dman in our league and if you were a true fan youwouldnt slate 2 of our most valued players and also if you were a true fan you would know that smith was coaches choice of the most hard working last year. By the way have you ever played defence before!!!
Mark was coaching at the DCF hockey camp in the first week of the summer holidays and he was a great coach.

Zack Kassian said:
Salters owned us last night and was way to tough for any of our tough players!
Plumton just bounced off him every time he was trying to hit salters,
Henley was a poor d man just a big presence and was laughing because it looked easy for him as no one touched him all game!

A little bit better from the devils players in general but still an average 4th or 5th team at best even with Lacosta in goals,

Salters reminded me of payette from wnir days when he would bully us and we had no answers,
Also a decent player :)

Agree. Salters looks a great signing so far for the Panthers.