Devils vs Panthers - 19 + 20 Oct 19 - League

august04

There’s a lot of talk on Twitter this morning about the reason we lost is coz block 13 was sitting.i Don’t buy this, we’ve won the odd game before block 13 was a thing
That is a load of nonsense. If our players are that fragile and think that way, then we really have got problems.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

I’m fully expecting a win in Nottingham tonight and a totally different team ice.

Having said that for me there are issues and have been for a number of years. This is a repeat of previous years, players turn up, fresh from there previous teams & hit the first few games well. Fans comment how stoked the team is on the Inferno, how great the team is stacked. Then boom, forward a month or two, fans are scratching their heads as too how we’ve lost that initial impact.
As the league moves forward, as teams improve, these issues become more and more obvious. The club is so, so lucky it has the fan base it does. It tolerates issues other sports & clubs wouldn’t. Mega Monday’s, crap rink facilities, poor parking, shirt issues, fan shop issues. l see the same in the way players are managed and coached. I see a club who recruit on the back of player recommendation, lack of player recruitment knowledge & team needs. Lack of development, lack of strategic thinking, dynamic reaction & severe lack of player management. Add that to a policy of retaining under performing players. What you get is a club who’s performance has as much to do with the oppositions than their own.

Controversial l know, that’s how l see it.
Hope it is a repeat of previous years,top of the league and play off winners, I will take that.

Last edited:

Kevlar68

There’s a lot of talk on Twitter this morning about the reason we lost is coz block 13 was sitting.i Don’t buy this, we’ve won the odd game before block 13 was a thing
Block 13 seems to be a main focal point of everything on here at the moment which is nonsense.
Viola has , what, 3000 capacity, Block 13 is 75 standing fans, that leaves even if a low attendance game 2000 other fans.
The games don't hinge on just 75 fans making noise, the players will play the game they play whether 2000 stand, 75 stand or none stand.
If a player can't step up to play out of their skin cause there are no chants or banners then they shouldn't be on the ice.

Didn't make it to the game last night, but it's frustrating to here about the performance of the team, it's like Groundhog Day, it's annoying that we have this dip at the same time each season, as we saw last season one of these lost games now could be the difference between winning a league and not

ASHIPP

Utter rubbish. These are professional sportsmen who should be focused. If they need to rely on singing and chanting to motivate them all the time then something is wrong.

Seem to have the same lull in performance at the same time every season. Sometimes it feels like they don't learn from weaknesses and mistakes (or maybe not executing them?) that are sometimes acknowledged and mentioned by the coaching team, let alone fans e.g. pedestrian, disjointed power play, players getting caught out on odd man rushes, not shooting enough at opposition goalie etc.

Last edited:

Mazzoak

Hope it is a repeat of previous years,top of the league and play off winners, I will take that.
l hope so too. Although i‘d prefer not to rely on hope.
At least the saving grace comes towards the end of the season, players looking towards retirement or the next contract, putting in that little bit extra. What we have at the moment is the disjointed team going through the motions, taking the pay check, counting down the calendar.

Last edited:

Kevlar68

I don't know which way i'd prefer the season, start off strong getting points in early but then fade off with injuries and out of energy hoping other teams slip up or start slowly then come in to our own while the others drop off.

Kevin roog

gonna be a tight league I think. Every point counts . Remember losing at home in ot last year to Milton Keynes . Bet we wish we had that one point at that faithful night in Coventry in March . Giants beat lightning 6 out of 6