Devils Vs Hull - Sat, Jan 5, 7:00 pm - Chat / Update

osh

Just looked at MNL and one word sumned up our performance tonight, Pathetic! Mr Ragan will definitely be an unhappy chappy tonight and rightly so, his team are letting him and the fans down badly. Hull are a very hard working side all round and we can learn from them in that department and based on our showing tonight I don't begrudge them the win.

Wannabe2

And just to go on as i am on a roll, our poor buggers have to go to bloody scotland again tomorrow, due to the cock-eyed representation at the Elite fixture meeting. Why didnt we just go in the other conference, seeing as we are the furthest team south???????????. We are up there most weeks so why not, and then we could be known as the Cardiff Caledonians.

hockeyfan207 said:
fordy66 said:
Lets not forget Hull are bottom of the league,so in my book its a dire result and a result that sums up the direction we are heading..... :evil:

Slighty off topic but our (Hull's) league position is slightly skewed.Though bottom of the overall standings we do have three games in hand over most plus were second in the gardiner conference. Also most of the games weve played against the Erhardt teams seem mostly to have been against the likes of Sheffield and Nottingham.Also in Tendler,Osman,Silverthorn and Ozolins we have four guys who will score goals,so if we can be solid defensively we are always likely to score-as weve proved in Belfast,Notts and Cov. But i do take your point as this will have be marked down as a 'must win' for you guys.

Aside from that i have to say im slightly surprised at reading the negatively on here.Yes you would expect to beat the likes of 'us' at home, but looking at the standings your 4th in the overall league and only 2pts off third. Given the budgets of the likes of Sheff,panthers and giants i would have thought Devils fans would be relatively happy with your season thus far?? The leagues pretty tight so if you don't turn up on any given night then theres always the likelihood of being turned over.

Id guess Bissonette leaving you will have dented your momentum,but im sure if you can bring in a replacement it will help jump start your season and get you climbing the league again.
Well said! I knew I always like Hull and their fans

Chris

Administrator
PR tweets this week that he is satisfied that the team have a plan to push for trophies.

What plan and what trophies would they be? Saw no evidence of any plan tonight........God help us when we play Edinburgh tomorrrow!

Our forwards are flogging themselves to death to get results whilst the defence has let them down. They have themselves to blame for tonight's result. While the team remains shortbenched they will continue to be inconsistent.

What is worrying is that performances like this will drive people away from our BBT. The travelling Red Army get to see better performances on the road.

The team has had a weeks rest whilst other teams have been travelling and playing over the New Year. I'm afraid it felt like Boxing Day all over again. Hate to say this but I actually walked out after period 2 for the first time ever. Time for action before its too late in the season.
I thought the defence looked a bit suspect in the 2 games I saw over Christmas, I assume nothing much has changed despite PR's meeting with Adams after those games?

Next weekend I think i've read we're expecting Birbraer back, so hopefully that will actually happen and then we'll only be one down but it's still shortbenched :(

Gospel

Hull have 14 outskaters & 1 NM and we say "if only we had a full roster". Im sorry but the team just isnt playing consistently well enough and our D has been letting too many shots on goal. We should not be losing to Hull at home and i have to say i fear for tomorrows away game. No doubt the old "bus legs" argument will come out if we lose, despite the improvement on our means of transport.

DevilDom

osh said:
Just looked at MNL and one word sumned up our performance tonight, Pathetic! Mr Ragan will definitely be an unhappy chappy tonight and rightly so, his team are letting him and the fans down badly. Hull are a very hard working side all round and we can learn from them in that department and based on our showing tonight I don't begrudge them the win.
Mr Ragan may be unhappy but are the players letting the fans and him down or is he letting the players and fans down? Playing with only 9 imports in our conference is suicide. IMO Biz is not coming back regardless of whether the NHL goes back or not but the decision on his replacement will be left just long enough to be too late so we play with 10 imports (if Max ever comes back) the rest of the season. Just like the way we as fans were shafted last season with Voth retiring the day after the signing deadline passed. For the unseasoned observer he can get away with it but to the seasoned fans are seeing through his manipulation and games now.

osh

Wannabe2 said:
Also happy new year Osh, sorry its a bit late.
:D thanks. We'll probably go away and win tomorrow, but it's the dire home performances that hurt eh? Maybe you and I should volunteer to arrange and agree next years fixture list, because whoever is doing it at the moment is out of their depth ( just like the team tonight ;)

osh

Fair comment DD, but PR did actually say it was up to G to decide what direction he was going, so I'm not prepared to lay the blame on him this time ( and I haven't been his biggest fan in the past) but you make valid points for sure.

My issue is not with the teams we play against at all. Top or bottom of league, arena or bottom of a barrel, if they turn up and out play us then they fully deserve to win.

Where i think we fans have a right to be upset is when we part with 17 bucks every game expecting our boys (short benched or otherwise) to provide some entertainment value, some guts, some commitment to the cause. I'm not surprised people are starting to walk before the end of the game or even show up in the first place.

And as for the team having to make the long trip to Edinburgh tomorrow... all i can say is awwwww poor professional hockey players, nothing much else to worry about but be paid to play hockey and entertain!!

ASHIPP

Gospel said:
Hull have 14 outskaters & 1 NM and we say "if only we had a full roster". Im sorry but the team just isnt playing consistently well enough and our D has been letting too many shots on goal. We should not be losing to Hull at home and i have to say i fear for tomorrows away game. No doubt the old "bus legs" argument will come out if we lose, despite the improvement on our means of transport.
Hull look to have had their own roster shortages.....then even more embarrassing for the Devils to be comfortably in control for first 15 mins only to make at least 2 defensive howlers to change the dynamic of the game. Havent we learnt anything about Jeremy Tendler after 3 seasons in this league. Tonight there didnt appear to be any plan to contain him yet Stingrays did a great job of closing out our keys guys.
Would love to see Tendler with the Devils....can see him going to Giants or Panthers.

mazza03

The boys came out firing on all cylinders for 10 minutes, then the next 10 and second period played like a damp squib, tried to pull it back in the third but I reckon Hull have been studying our play because they seemed to anticipate our every move, but if we can't beat Hull then we have no chance with the other teams, it worries me that the rumor is no more players coming in...............and if Maxi is out for much longer well................... ;:| ;:| ;:|

Wannabe2 said:
Who are you whats with the bucks thing, there are people trying to upset this club at the moment, are you one of them.
Not that it's relevant, but i am a long serving supporter of the club. Been supporting through thick and thin. Not currently happy (a feeling shared with many i suspect) that we are getting value for money!! sufficient explanation??

Wannabe2

Scottman said:
Wannabe2 said:
Who are you whats with the bucks thing, there are people trying to upset this club at the moment, are you one of them.
Not that it's relevant, but i am a long serving supporter of the club. Been supporting through thick and thin. Not currently happy (a feeling shared with many i suspect) that we are getting value for money!! sufficient explanation??
Absolutely good on you. we aint getting value for money as we dont have a full roster, and thats what we paid for.

mazza03 said:
The boys came out firing on all cylinders for 10 minutes, then the next 10 and second period played like a damp squib
Spot on, and short benched or not, there are no excuses for coasting after 10 minutes into a match! This is what really got to me tonight :DWD

jimmy snels

wananbe hardly explosive posts the team were crap! played the first ten and last ten minutes. terrible for 40.

hill was so bad i shouted at him twice to actually do something!

osaer looked 'lyle' like tonight and not very confidant

stuuu not been near usual standards for a couple of weeks.

piggot still our biggest hitting forward =-O

Davies shooting from angle and distance is fine ... if his line mates get anywhere near the net! hill managed it once all night and actually blocked the puck! .moved quicker off the ice than he did all night mind.

blight did fantastic to stand up for himself. weat
her or not he should be is a different
question. Adams possibly a better option as he was right next to blight when the crosscheck happened but G has become so slow and un physical

ASHIPP

mazza03 said:
The boys came out firing on all cylinders for 10 minutes, then the next 10 and second period played like a damp squib, tried to pull it back in the third but I reckon Hull have been studying our play because they seemed to anticipate our every move, but if we can't beat Hull then we have no chance with the other teams, it worries me that the rumor is no more players coming in...............and if Maxi is out for much longer well................... ;:| ;:| ;:|
Then if this rumour turns out to be true think we have a right to question why. The team started the season with 11 imports. Is it now that they cant afford 11?

Wannabe2 said:
Scottman said:
Wannabe2 said:
Absolutely good on you. we aint getting value for money as we dont have a full roster, and thats what we paid for.
I promise you the intent here is not to upset anyone least of all the club! not that they would take to much interest in my whining anyway.

short bench or not, they have some responsibility to provide a spectacle for the fans is how i feel and currently they are not.