Devils Vs Hull - Sat, Jan 5, 7:00 pm - Chat / Update

Skippy

Thread starter #1

You can check out our Game preview ahead of this game on the Front page here

No word as yet on Devils injuries or if anyone is out for Hull.. we will update the thread if we hear anything.

As usual we'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ will be hosting and as always can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@the-inferno.co.uk if you'd like to add any comments on the night.

Diafol

On the subject of game previews, can I just say the excellent B & W photo which accompanies this week's "Friday Franimal" makes the BBT look far more impressive than it actually is, and should be removed immediately...

DevilDom

Really hope this game is a better spectacle than the last Dull game.

Devils need to hit them hard and early and get a couple of early goals. Hopefully that will force Hull to play a bit more offensively and make for a decent game.

Chris

Administrator
Oh dear :cry:

Back in Nottingham so didn't see the game, but Stingrays either appear to have our number or we're just not coping with whatever game they're bringing :(

pathetic result........the BBT a fortress ...dont make me laugh....need some fresh faces and quickly......season falling apart at the minute. :evil:

It sounds like a game that we shouldn't of lost but somehow did these happen , though a comment on Mnl saying that these home games are driving people away , but also putting pathetic st after the game on was a close score doesn't help either

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Lets not forget Hull are bottom of the league,so in my book its a dire result and a result that sums up the direction we are heading..... :evil:

Chris

Administrator
oldgoalie80 said:
Think he's referring to the 'Pathetic' comment put on MNL after the final whistle.
Aha, wasn't me hosting but I can see where OJ is coming from.

We really shouldn't be losing to the likes of Hull at home :(

Love Ben Davies, think he is a brilliant player but it's got to be worrying when he and Josh Batch's names are mentioned in the majority throughout the mnl coverage. What are our imports doing???? :shock:

Chris said:
oldgoalie80 said:
Think he's referring to the 'Pathetic' comment put on MNL after the final whistle.
Aha, wasn't me hosting but I can see where OJ is coming from.

We really shouldn't be losing to the likes of Hull at home :(
Weighing everything up, you're right, but something's obviously not going right somewhere - current home win percentage this year in League games: 60% 9/15 ;:|

Few positives from tonight for me.

Jesse Gimblett sets down a good marker in his fight right from the off then we don't see anything else of him for the rest of the game. Hand all the while continues to niggle, slash and chirp right the way through. Now he's not the most technically gifted D man but his application as an agitator/tough guy tonight allowed players like Osman, Tanaka, Tendler etc to throw their own weight around a little bit.

Let's face it, over the course of a 6 month season it's always going to be hard to maintain a title challenge with the bigger budget teams. What has always been a given for me though is that we will never lose the physical battles in our own rink. Other team's would hate to play here but I don't see that as the case anymore. We only have a handful of players playing at a good intensity and that's simply not good enough. Another season where we start well, fade after Xmas then all the talk goes on how we're now focusing on the play offs!

On another note but kind of in line with my point on our physicality, but when on earth is Phil Hill going to stand up for himself? I'm not necessarily talking about fighting although I think he should have at times over the last few years but he's got a good size and hardly throws a hit and it seems to me that other teams know they can bully him now with very little repercussion. Secondly, for a 6'6 fella this Quiney is offering nothing in terms of physicality. I'd envisaged him being a guy who would see little ice time but we would send out to hit the other team hard and possibly get into any scraps when necessary. Not seen any of that from him.

Positives for me: Ben (as per), Josh Batch with another good game as a forward (great forechecking) and Chris Blight sticking up for himself even though he was always going to get the 2+10

Anyway, we can write off the next couple months if we don't dominate in our own barn soon. But then I guess we can always concentrate on the play offs eh....

fordy66 said:
Lets not forget Hull are bottom of the league,so in my book its a dire result and a result that sums up the direction we are heading..... :evil:

Slighty off topic but our (Hull's) league position is slightly skewed.Though bottom of the overall standings we do have three games in hand over most plus were second in the gardiner conference. Also most of the games weve played against the Erhardt teams seem mostly to have been against the likes of Sheffield and Nottingham.Also in Tendler,Osman,Silverthorn and Ozolins we have four guys who will score goals,so if we can be solid defensively we are always likely to score-as weve proved in Belfast,Notts and Cov. But i do take your point as this will have be marked down as a 'must win' for you guys.

Aside from that i have to say im slightly surprised at reading the negatively on here.Yes you would expect to beat the likes of 'us' at home, but looking at the standings your 4th in the overall league and only 2pts off third. Given the budgets of the likes of Sheff,panthers and giants i would have thought Devils fans would be relatively happy with your season thus far?? The leagues pretty tight so if you don't turn up on any given night then theres always the likelihood of being turned over.

Id guess Bissonette leaving you will have dented your momentum,but im sure if you can bring in a replacement it will help jump start your season and get you climbing the league again.

Wannabe2

Very frustrating night and we werent good, but if anyone got our number its Hull. Also if you are going to go into games 2 imports down then dont moan if you lose, no team in this league are so bad that you can afford to play with 9 imports. The 3 teams above us though will never experience that dilemma of course as they have ambitions of winning the league, and thats why they are above us. God i wish i could watch my team with a full compliment of players.

Wannabe2

hockeyfan207 said:
fordy66 said:

Slighty off topic but our (Hull's) league position is slightly skewed.Though bottom of the overall standings we do have three games in hand over most plus were second in the gardiner conference. Also most of the games weve played against the Erhardt teams seem mostly to have been against the likes of Sheffield and Nottingham.Also in Tendler,Osman,Silverthorn and Ozolins we have four guys who will score goals,so if we can be solid defensively we are always likely to score-as weve proved in Belfast,Notts and Cov. But i do take your point as this will have be marked down as a 'must win' for you guys.

Aside from that i have to say im slightly surprised at reading the negatively on here.Yes you would expect to beat the likes of 'us' at home, but looking at the standings your 4th in the overall league and only 2pts off third. Given the budgets of the likes of Sheff,panthers and giants i would have thought Devils fans would be relatively happy with your season thus far?? The leagues pretty tight so if you don't turn up on any given night then theres always the likelihood of being turned over.

Id guess Bissonette leaving you will have dented your momentum,but im sure if you can bring in a replacement it will help jump start your season and get you climbing the league again.
Spot on mate as usual, as i said if we had the ambitions to go with 11 imports we just might be up there. Congrats to your team by the way, they worked very hard tonight.

ASHIPP

PR tweets this week that he is satisfied that the team have a plan to push for trophies.

What plan and what trophies would they be? Saw no evidence of any plan tonight........God help us when we play Edinburgh tomorrrow!

Our forwards are flogging themselves to death to get results whilst the defence has let them down. They have themselves to blame for tonight's result. While the team remains shortbenched they will continue to be inconsistent.

What is worrying is that performances like this will drive people away from our BBT. The travelling Red Army get to see better performances on the road.

The team has had a weeks rest whilst other teams have been travelling and playing over the New Year. I'm afraid it felt like Boxing Day all over again. Hate to say this but I actually walked out after period 2 for the first time ever. Time for action before its too late in the season.