Devils Vs Giants - Sunday- Nov 18 -6:00 pm Chat / Updates

Finny

Re: Devils Vs Giants - Sunday- Nov 18 -6:00 pm Chat / Updat

Can we assume the Inferno will be a troll-free forum for the next couple of days then...... :D

No way was there only 1634 fans there. That would have meant there were 400 empty seats and no one standing.
I reckon there were around 1800 Devils fans there and about 10 Belfast fans.

DWD

Anyone would think they were declaring a low attendance for tax reasons.......

Finny

Looks like I was wrong about the trolls at least........ :DWD

DWD said:
Can't believe we handed that to you the way we did. But so be it.

Road game 4 of 5 and only 2 points dropped. One more to go. Happy enough so far.

Onward.
Nothing like giving credit where it's due is there, Giants didn't hand it to us, using your logic we handed the first two periods to you. At least one of your own players had the good grace to acknowledge our fight back

DWD

To give up a 3-0 lead in the space of 20 mins.. We didn't close out a game we should have. ;)

Gaz G

First time I've been down in a while and must say that half way through the second period I was starting to regret the decision.

First period we came out strong and hard for the first five mins. Biznasty offering Sandrock out and sandrocks response was almost comicall. Reminded me a little of when Vother faked to punch Cote of the Panthers in our old rink. After that it was all Belfast and seemed to be a matter of time before they scored. Bit of a scrappy first goal for them but Peacocks (their 2nd) was a Peach.

The Giants continued to be all over us in the second and after a dumb penalty from Deeds when we were on the powerplay followed a further 6 minutes of us on the kill. Giants were bound to score and did.

Third Period,,,,WOW. Came out with the bit between our teeth and seemed to really want it, whilst the Giants seemed content to hold on to the 3 goal lead. Biznasty scored on the pp in the early stages which seemed to give everyone in the building a boost and it clearly meant a lot to him. 3/4 minutes later and Batchy turned into superman and scored a sublime goal, going past 2/3 Belfast players and smashing it in the top corner whilst Murphy was expecting a pass across the front of net.

This really got everyone rocking.

From where I was sat, I couldn't really see much of Faulkners equaliser but seemed to be a bit of a poachers goal. Right man in the right place.

Then comes the hit from I think Blight on Sandrock and the game stops for about 3 minutes as discussions are held. This time in my opinion cost the Devils the points in regular time. We were on a high and then the break took the wind out of our sales a little in my opinion.

However, you could see the Giants getting more and more frustated and they then took another penalty leaving us with a little time in regular and about 1:30 in OT on the PP. Didn't work and it was looking like Penalty Shots. Then who steps up but Faulkner again.

Great win. Great night. With great people. Hell of a game. To top it off, met Biznasty and he is a top top bloke.

Pleased I spent the money on tonights entertainment.

DWD

Finny said:
Looks like I was wrong about the trolls at least........ :DWD
Returning the kotg favour you could say ;)

Though even in the face of unexpected defeat its not worth hiding away. Well done to you. Finally got that home win against the league leaders.

Finny

The arrogance of some Belfast fans on KOTG is embarrassing. They really do think this fixture is our cup final. :D

DWD said:
Can't believe we handed that to you the way we did. But so be it.

Road game 4 of 5 and only 2 points dropped. One more to go. Happy enough so far.

Onward.
Were you there? You didn't hand anything out, you just got outworked,outplayed and outsmarted in the 3rd period by a better team that wanted it more and was willing to fight for it.

First two periods the difference was the Devils were for whatever reasons all of sorts and not really in the game.Fair to say it was a poor performance from the Devils compared to what they're capable of. Giants capitalized on that but it was more a case of them taking advantage of the Devils poor play than playing top notch hockey. If we'd played all 3 periods like the 3rd you'd have taken a hammering like Dundee did last night, no question about it.

Keefe was hardly a presence,Lloyd turtled it with Deeds and stood there grinning like a tool afterwards, Sandrock wound his neck in sharpish after chirping at Biz and wouldn't go near him afterwards. Fair dues to him though, they both shook hands on the ice during the 3rd or OT. I question just how good Murphy really is without the D making his job easier the way they do - he looked particularly average when the Belfast defence basically collapsed. I'm surprised nobody has complained about the huge hit Biz put on whoever it was-must be a £250 flutter to the league to be had there.

Finny said:
The arrogance of some Belfast fans on KOTG is embarrassing. They really do think this fixture is our cup final. :D
Really? All things being equal, I care more about Steelers and Blaze games and would probably rate a Giants game the same, if not a little lower, as a Panthers game.

DWD

Finny said:
Reading this very thread.. I wonder why we think that?

"One of the great games of devils history" apparently.

Hey. I'm just annoyed that we gave up a 3 goal lead to a team we have and should be beating, thus in no way interested in giving "credit" ;). But Christiansen expected a battle and that's what we got. Dundee on Friday for the 5th road game in a row.

A third period three goal comeback win over a top ranked side is always going to be subject to a lot of bigging up.

I would suggest that you give yourselves too much credit, but you know that's the case anyway and are just fishing!

DWD

Well that makes little sense.. But anyhow ;) good night all. Sleep with a smile on your face.. That imaginary trophy shining brightly in the imaginary trophy cabinet.

This is how it feels to be cardifffffff....

wot a weekend ! 9-1 in dundee, there 1st regulation deafet at home this season, and to beat the league leaders in such a way leaves me breathless, and all this with 2 of our top imports out. tonights result is up there with the 6-5 win over mcsorly's london racers after being 5-0 down after about 17 mins and 6-5 up after 2 periods, memories are made of there things and we will talk of tonight in years to come with comments like, i was there. and biznasty, i think he is the best player to ever lice up for our great club, it just goes to show how good you have to be to average 4 mins a game in the show, i'm loving this guy playing for my team.

DWD

Paul Sullivan said:
DWD said:
Dundee on Friday for the 5th road game in a row.
Am I the only one missing what you mean here? Have I missed a few Giants Road wins or something? Sorry if I am reading this incorrectly:

http://www.belfastgiants.com/fixture-list/
@ Coventry - OTL
@ Coventry - W
@ Hull - W
@ Cardiff - OTL
@ Dundee (This Friday, rescheduled from the Sunday back 2 days)
V Edinburgh - Saturday

Paul Sullivan

DWD said:
Paul Sullivan said:
DWD said:
Dundee on Friday for the 5th road game in a row.
Am I the only one missing what you mean here? Have I missed a few Giants Road wins or something? Sorry if I am reading this incorrectly:

http://www.belfastgiants.com/fixture-list/
@ Coventry - OTL
@ Coventry - W
@ Hull - W
@ Cardiff - OTL
@ Dundee (This Friday, rescheduled from the Sunday back 2 days)
V Edinburgh - Saturday
Sorry - completely misread your post, I thought you said 5th win on the road in a row. Was well aware of your 5 game road trip. Apologies.

Oh and as for how it feels to be Cardiff? Win the League a few more times, a handful of Playoff trophies and a Grand Slam and you might have a rough idea.