Devils Vs Giants- Sunday -2nd Feb - 6 pm - Chat /Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finny

2nd goal should have been too many men too. Rycroft was already in our zone battling for the puck before any Giants had left the ice.

James

Administrator
voth26 said:
i thought they no longer stopped the game if a nettie saves with his mask?
Up to the Ref to call. If he feels it was a hard shot to the mask he'll whistle it, or he can let the game play on.

Re: Dirty Stewart!!

Finny said:
hoped I would never see anything as disgusting as Peron spitting at Jon Cullen whilst he lay injured on the ice, but unfortunately tonight I did.

After a horrid hit on Mac Faulkner that was so late it was missed by all the officials and cameras, Gregory Stewart stood over Faulkner laughing at him whilst he writhed around on the ice in agony.

You can have the two points Belfast. I'm more concerned with the wellbeing of my players. Your club have become a shadow of what they once were, with Christiansen sending players out to injure the opposition and then having to publically apologise via the PA system for the disgusting abuse and gestures from their captain after he was thrown out of the game for trying to injure another.
I second this

James said:
voth26 said:
Up to the Ref to call. If he feels it was a hard shot to the mask he'll whistle it, or he can let the game play on.
If that's the case, the stop Joe Myers did against Steelers should have had whistled.
But hey ho, consistency :roll:

voth26

James said:
voth26 said:
Ok cheers i wasnt sure if they still called it

Koop11

I much more gutsier performance last night which was welcome after a very soft season for us. Nice to see some nastiness from us although unfortunately not always when we needed it. It was far from perfect. The fact is we blew a 3-0 lead including a SH goal is disappointing but a point against a very good team who have owned us in our rink for two seasons now is very welcome, especially with the short bench we have right now.

Gerad showed his true grit and was an example to most of the team. Cracking fight. Steward was certainly quieter when Gerad was on the ice after that, including bottling a 2nd round bout with the old dog. Unfortunately Gerad would not play later in the game and that gave Steward a green light to continue as he had started. This is where I’m disappointing in our so called tough guys Gimblett and Marsh.

We played Belfast at their own game for large spells, pressing them back on their blue line and fore checking their defence hard. Great to see that aggressive style of hockey. It suits us in that rink. Belfast work hard though and did not give up on the game or indeed defending their league title. Credit to them.

To the incidents – I thought Keefe’s hit on M Smith was a check to the head. I’d like to see it again. Despite people’s views on Keefe, I actually don’t think he is a dirty player. He plays hard, finishes his checks but that hit was terrible. I don’t blame Kenton’s reaction.

Stewart’s hit (spear?) on Faulkner was late. It was right in front of me. Again, off the play so no official or the camera will have seen it. Faulkner is our star player, the best player in the league probably and we allowed that to happen. Nobody did anything about it.

A call to the Devils bench, particularly our ‘tough guys’ – Where. Are. Your. Balls?! These two hits would never have happened when Biz was out there. Can you even imagine the days or Ware, MacWilliam or even Voth. This is what happens when you don’t have an enforcer. We’ve now seen M Smith, Max, Faulkner and Blight all cheap shotted this season. These are your honest, skilled guys, yet we have watched teams take advantage. People say the role of the out and out enforcer is dead. I’d love to see one alive in Cardiff right now.

It is about time that the Elite League took action against teams,in particular Belfast and Coventry, who clearly cannot control their players with regards to discipline.
It is amazing how Stewart was allowed to get away with what he did last night. It was plain to see by every one in the BBT from the outset, what he was doing, apart from one individual, Darnell. Credit has to be given to G for doing what he did last night, because no other player was prepared to stand up to Stewart.
Darnell had his usual poor performance last night, and in a recent game, wasn't he and his officials referred to as "idiots". Well he certainly lived up to that last night.
Somebody is seriously going to get injured unless these match officials get their act together and prevent players from being allowed to do what they do. It is quite easy, open your eyes Darnell and climb down from your self esteem.
After last nights game, I have to say that the conduct of some Belfast players left a lot to be desired. As I have already outlined, players are going to get seriously injured.
A lot of Darnell`s decisions last night were a joke and I include both penalty shots in that.
I could keep going, but I wont. Rant over.

ASHIPP

Giants have always been an organisation i admired for their professionalism and their players for their skill and experience.......not after last night. Injuring opposition players to get the advantage is a classless tactic.

Aggressive play
part of this sport but intent to injure is a very different and serious matter.

For players to be allowed to continue like that during the game shows a complete lack of control in officiating. If Darnell had taken a hard stance earlier in the game, half that stuff wouldnt have happened.

And Christiansens public apology for Keefes language in front of the crowd almost acknowledges that Giants are slippiing to the same level of thuggery as Blaze.

Earnie

Someone has got injured. The league's top scorer Faulkner!

Stewart was sent out to injure him in my opinion.

Come on NOTTINGHAM - come out and nail the Giants.

Wannabe2

Really Really do hope that the Brtish Champions dont have the name Keefe, Stewart etc on there team sheet. As for Darnell come on league this guy is one serious joke, to me the result was irrelevant compared to the antics and decisions made last night.

DevilDom

Attendance down as only 1240?

I thought there were a lot more there than that last night. Especially when compared to the attendance at the Coventry game on Thursday which was down as 1189. There appeared a lot more than 51 people extra at last nights game as compared to Thursday.

wasnt at the game so cant and wont comment on any of the incidents, my point is some on here claiming players were sent out to deliberately injure........pretty ridiculous statement in all honesty, that is unless someone actually heard the instruction being given.
then there is the ones saying the league should be looking at the thugery of Giants and Blaze.....simple question WHY? bit of a coincidence that the Devils were involved in games where trouble occures, and no im not pointing fingers.
your complaints regarding darnell alway seem to come up, but im sure every fan of every team in the elite feels that one ref or more has it in for them and never calls for them. Darnell reffed Giants game on Saturday against Hull and guess what, he was dreadful (nothing new there, always seems to like to be the centre of attention)
we all know that standard of the refs isnt of the highest order and this thing continue to be highlighted and will continue to do so until the Elite league committee does something to improve the officials.
As for any injuries to Devils players, hope everyone gets a good bill of health and the short break may help too. and just think Giants return to BBT on Feb 24th, then you visit us on 1st & 2nd March....im sure there wont be anything much to discuss of those 3 games eh ;-)

drainage

claretgiant said:
wasnt at the game so cant and wont comment on any of the incidents, my point is some on here claiming players were sent out to deliberately injure........pretty ridiculous statement in all honesty, that is unless someone actually heard the instruction being given.
then there is the ones saying the league should be looking at the thugery of Giants and Blaze.....simple question WHY? bit of a coincidence that the Devils were involved in games where trouble occures, and no im not pointing fingers.
your complaints regarding darnell alway seem to come up, but im sure every fan of every team in the elite feels that one ref or more has it in for them and never calls for them. Darnell reffed Giants game on Saturday against Hull and guess what, he was dreadful (nothing new there, always seems to like to be the centre of attention)
we all know that standard of the refs isnt of the highest order and this thing continue to be highlighted and will continue to do so until the Elite league committee does something to improve the officials.
As for any injuries to Devils players, hope everyone gets a good bill of health and the short break may help too. and just think Giants return to BBT on Feb 24th, then you visit us on 1st & 2nd March....im sure there wont be anything much to discuss of those 3 games eh ;-)
Not sure it's always Devils ? Think a certain Scottish team got the thick edge of Blaze goonery recently?

As you say you weren't there so trust me when I say I saw some shocking antics last night ... Laughing at an injured player ??? Who would support and condone type of play ? And not sure what instructions he was given but he played in a manner that caused injury and should have known better

Earnie

AND

Hull player out for rest of season with a broken wrist from a cheap shot - guess from where? (Belfast Saturday night!) . See Elite league website.

DWD

Good lord the air must be thin up on those high horses. Were opinions on dirty play this strong when Voth still resided in South Wales? :DWD:

Thanks for the 2 points in the BBT and the 2 in the Millennium Stadium.

And Glynne, the League Championship currently has the name of Keefe on it ;)

Paul Sullivan

DWD said:
Good lord the air must be thin up on those high horses. Were opinions on dirty play this strong when Voth still resided in South Wales? :DWD:
The refuge of a weak argument.

Voth is irrelevant, he was not playing. Stewart was, and was dangerous. Try dealing with just this issue and not clouding it with other players or sports.

Did you attend? If not I would like to see your 'thoughts' :DWD once you have seen the hit Stewart made on Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.