Devils Vs Giants - SUN 7th FEB 2016 - 6:00PM - Chat

Skippy

Thread starter #1

Challenge Cup Semi Final.. first leg.. enough said!

As excellent webcast will be available at http://www.icetime.tv and it's rather good, so if you're not going have a look, its also worth looking for them on Youtube for interviews and features.

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

From the Devils website (http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/challenge-cup-semi-final-sunday-feb-7th/)
THE DATE FOR THE CHALLENGE CUP SEMI FINAL HOME LEG HAS BEEN CONFIRMED AS SUNDAY FEBRUARY 7TH IN CARDIFF AT THE BBT - FACE OFF IS 6:00PM.

All tickets for the semi final are now on sale. Call 02920 382001 to book tickets, or book them in person at the Arena Box Office or online HERE

Please note - this game IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE STANDARD SEASON TICKET PACKAGE so for all season ticket holders, you will need to purchase your ticket from the Arena Box Office. All season ticket seats will be held until 6pm on Friday February 5th. After that, the remaining reserved seats will go on public sale. You cannot purchase your season ticket seat online, you need to call the box office or purchase it in person from the Arena.

voth26

tough game following what i'm sure will be a very tough game on sat against the blaze. but with the reward of a cup final appearance and a chance to defend our challenge cup at the end of the two legs, I'm sure the guys will be up for it but they will need the full support of the Red Army to carry them through two tough games 24 hrs apart.

Have Hope#35

Sheincar said:
http://www.belfastgiants.com/archives/nhler-jim-vandermeer-joins-the-giants/
Not in for our game - phew!
He won't be in for this game but will be available for the second leg! He also hasn't played this season so although it's a very impressive signing he doesn't have an awfully long time to get match fit... I wonder if he's been training?

kettdevil1

Have Hope#35 said:
Sheincar said:
http://www.belfastgiants.com/archives/nhler-jim-vandermeer-joins-the-giants/
Not in for our game - phew!
He won't be in for this game but will be available for the second leg! He also hasn't played this season so although it's a very impressive signing he doesn't have an awfully long time to get match fit... I wonder if he's been training?
Probably missing the obvious but when is the second leg? Is the league game doubling up?

bdevil

I think I read somewhere that it's not doubling up. The game that was scheduled for the league is now the 2nd leg and the league game will be arranged for another date.

ASHIPP

Wouldn't really be fair to either team to have a game so important doubling as a league game. Add to that the Giants would miss out on any revenue benefit from having a seperate 2nd leg game.

The schedule is pretty congested for both teams after last weekend in February. Wonder when the rescheduled league game will be?

Kal

ASHIPP said:
Wouldn't really be fair to either team to have a game so important doubling as a league game. Add to that the Giants would miss out on any revenue benefit from having a seperate 2nd leg game.

The schedule is pretty congested for both teams after last weekend in February. Wonder when the rescheduled league game will be?
I'm sure I read it was going to be towards the end of March.

Ook said:
From the Devils website (http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/challenge-cup-semi-final-sunday-feb-7th/)
THE DATE FOR THE CHALLENGE CUP SEMI FINAL HOME LEG HAS BEEN CONFIRMED AS SUNDAY FEBRUARY 7TH IN CARDIFF AT THE BBT - FACE OFF IS 6:00PM.

All tickets for the semi final are now on sale. Call 02920 382001 to book tickets, or book them in person at the Arena Box Office or online HERE

Please note - this game IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE STANDARD SEASON TICKET PACKAGE so for all season ticket holders, you will need to purchase your ticket from the Arena Box Office. All season ticket seats will be held until 6pm on Friday February 5th. After that, the remaining reserved seats will go on public sale. You cannot purchase your season ticket seat online, you need to call the box office or purchase it in person from the Arena.
Front desk at the BBT say that season ticket holders have only until 12 noon Friday to purchase their seats !

Devil94

Imagine the game being doubled up. Someone one goal up on aggregate but losing by one goal On the night. Would you pull the goalie?!

BostonBart22

the other reason it may not have been doubled up is the away leg would be a season ticket game for league but the challenge cup semi could be all pay like ours ;)

BostonBart22 said:
the other reason it may not have been doubled up is the away leg would be a season ticket game for league but the challenge cup semi could be all pay like ours ;)
Season ticket holders in Belfast get all league games, all cc games and play off quarter final game included in their ticket.
Next season the play off quarter final isn't included.

BostonBart22

WheresWally said:
BostonBart22 said:
Season ticket holders in Belfast get all league games, all cc games and play off quarter final game included in their ticket.
Next season the play off quarter final isn't included.
cheers for info, looking forward to sunday between our countries ice hockey/ rugby .

august04

That was a very enjoyable game, some lovely goals tonight from the Devils and an intense effort from both teams.
It was good to see Hendrikx return and I thought he was very solid tonight, great goal too. I suspect Lord's decision on who to rest might get easier as Hendrikx looked hurt and was carrying his arm/shoulder after the open ice hit in the 3rd. He went straight off and didn't return. Some bizarre officiating from Smith and Darnell kept things interesting. A poor hit from Keefe on Kurka, good to see Batch step up.
A place in the final is up for grabs still, should be a cracking second leg.

backrow

One regret is being blanked on the power play tonight in 6 chances. A 3 or 4 goal victory would have been even nicer!

Also nice to see an OT win by Coventry over Sheffield and Fife's 4-3 win over Braehead. Those games in hand are diminishing.