Devils Vs Giants - Pre-season - 26th Aug 23 - 19:00 FO

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
dvb.png
Devils finally return to home ice action for their first home game in the newly christened Vindico Arena. For most of us it'll be the first chance to see the new team in action.

Wannabe2

Would be awesome to start with a win, lots of new faces to see on both sides, let’s hope it’s as good as we hope it will be. Over to you lads.

moggy#9

Regardless of whether it’s a friendly or not, I hope we kick their arse both games!
I see a loss in Belfast, simply because they're likely to be further along their preparation curve. I expect Saturday to look better from our point of view though, simply because we'll be at home, some of the cobwebs will be gone and PR will be playing a system to frustrate them.

lloyd_jeff

It’s a tough one to predict, nobody wants injuries and CHL is important to hockey in the U.K. no matter who goes. Should be some good respectful games, don’t care who wins, from our side, l just don’t want to see mistakes.

lloyd_jeff

Game day, after last night we need the home game to have shaken off the habit of the last few seasons, that being the dreaded Home pressure that caused way to many dead performances. Tonight we need a repeat……..oh it’s on.

moggy#9

Our pk is bloody awful. Mosey looks lost out there at times. I've never seen such a fiesty preseason match. Joey martin and Sato obviously don't like each other.

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

Thoroughly enjoyed that. I saw more checks thrown in that match than all of last season. If that is what Russell hockey is about then its going to be a great season. Booth is a really entertaining goalie. Very acrobatic at times and saved us more than once.
Loved Cole Ully. Can't wait to see more from him. A beauty of a goal from Barrow.
We look like we have 4 well balanced forward lines. Have to say Im a bit nervous about our D. I don't see a solid Register type player calming things down at the back but its early days yet.
Belfast have some amazing talent so to beat them twice is a great start.

moggy#9

That was a very entertaining and interesting match. I was busy scribbling lots of notes, so I'll post some more detailed thoughts either when I get home or tomorrow.