Devils Vs Giants - League - 8th Oct 23 - 18:00 FO

jimmy snels

Batch has justifiably been called out on this forum many times for not stepping up for the team when it matters.

He (correctly IMO) did it last night and is now getting called out for stepping up.

Sometimes you just can't win it seems.

I'd blame the PP unit for failing to score in those 3 minutes before I'd blame Batch TBH.

To be fair I think only one person is, who's just justifying his point repeatedly

Hedd Wyn John

I think it’s great that you come on here and give your view as undoubtedly you will have a different opinion 75% of the time.

But in fairness, you have to expect that expressing your view as a Giants fan on a Devils forum is going to cause a stir.

The hit stokes the rivalry for the rest of the season, and that can only be good for all of us, as fans.
Everyone's got their view, I think Claretgiants assessment is pretty fair. If roles had been reversed and it was a Devils hit on a Giants player I'm sure a lot of fans here would have a similar assessment. It's a major, it deserves a ban of some sorts but in the grand scheme of things I'm sure we'll see plenty worse hits by the end of the season.

Hedd Wyn John

Printz is an absolute shit house for not fighting back. You make a hit like that, at that speed at that distance from the boards from a player's blind side expect the repercussions. I'd fully expect a devil who did this to get a significant ban and fully expect them to be in a fight afterwards. We had chad literally fighting for a far batter check last week!
Fuck the code now days is it?! Keefe made how many of these hits on devils himself and had team mates hit with them and dropped those mitts every time because he's not an absolute fanny.

I expect a ban. If not teams may want to load up on a goon ready for these situations as it will happen more and more
Why do you think Printz might not have fought back? He's just committed a Major penalty putting his team in a tricky position.
Not fighting back is absolutely the smart thing to do in that scenario. Take the punches like a man & not get your team in any more trouble than you've already done.

MA18

Why do you think Printz might not have fought back? He's just committed a Major penalty putting his team in a tricky position.
Not fighting back is absolutely the smart thing to do in that scenario. Take the punches like a man & not get your team in any more trouble than you've already done.
No one has agreed with you all morning, why do you think people will start agreeing with you this afternoon?

Diablo3

Just watched the "highlights" Not a comment on the game but the highlights themselves. Please expand them. At the moment it's just a rush though every incident, you get no time to take it in. They showed the hit, but not our response. It could be so much better.

BostonBart22

To me after last night , belfast will retain their trophy, their defence were on top big time especially the 3rd period, at times during the game they could've stepped up a gear I felt, especially first and 2nd period. If belfast stay injury free I really can see them winning the league again, and if things nosedive I'm sure a certain Mr Conway will be waiting in the wings..hit was bad , so a mandatory 3 game ban for me . Another gripe off subject, belfast got 4 coaches that's 4 sets of eyes , we got 2 coaches, do we need another set of eyes ? That's a question to my fellow posters...just saying.. as we had 3 last season , I know it didn't work with dumb and Dummer but franny was there to oversee things with that extra set of eyes.

Hedd Wyn John

No one has agreed with you all morning, why do you think people will start agreeing with you this afternoon?
I'm not asking for people to agree. Just pointing out why printz didn't fight back. A player is totally within their rights not to throw punches. He made the decision that it would be more beneficial if he didn't. He gains nothing by fighting back against Batch & risks digging his team into an even deeper hole.

Another gripe off subject, belfast got 4 coaches that's 4 sets of eyes , we got 2 coaches, do we need another set of eyes ? That's a question to my fellow posters...just saying.. as we had 3 last season , I know it didn't work with dumb and Dummer but franny was there to oversee things with that extra set of eyes.
Absolutely need another set of eyes. Giants 4 is overkill but we need another coach not focused purely on the goal keepers like Euan is.

BostonBart22

Absolutely need another set of eyes. Giants 4 is overkill but we need another coach not focused purely on the goal keepers like Euan is.
Absolutely, glad someone agrees with me on that I'm not quite certain on this I'm sure guildford and flames got 3 from what Ives seen, but it all depends on devils budget I suppose, but would like another to take pressure off PR and that's not having a dig at him bcos our play so far thus season has improved by at least 75%and doing a great job , just feel another set of eyes could help .

@claretgiant What's the feedback on Friend? Was that one good game at the weekend or is he consistently like that? Impressive display, very physical and seems a good fit with Curti - who took his goal well
Friend is a physical d-man, some say he goes looking to make the big hit when he really doesn't need to, but I think he is a good steady player, as is Curti who was a late pick up by the Giants but has fitted in very well.

You are more than intelligent enough to know exactly what you were up to. Save the victim complex. You posted not what you saw but for a reaction. Don’t whinge when it’s not the one you wanted. If you want a proper debate then post a proper response not a trigger.
I did post what I thought, but it was very obvious by your reply that you clearly had differing thoughts (which is hardly surprising) I was happy enough for a "debate" but you chose to just do as you normally seem to do here, it to think you're the only one who is allowed any opinion

E.D.S.

Friend is a physical d-man, some say he goes looking to make the big hit when he really doesn't need to, but I think he is a good steady player, as is Curti who was a late pick up by the Giants but has fitted in very well.
He seemed to play in the right spirit last night. When he wiped out Barrow he extended an apologetic arm as it was more a coming together but every other hit seemed on the money. Solid enough player and skates well too.

MA18

I'm not asking for people to agree. Just pointing out why printz didn't fight back. A player is totally within their rights not to throw punches. He made the decision that it would be more beneficial if he didn't. He gains nothing by fighting back against Batch & risks digging his team into an even deeper hole.
Deeper hole? He knew he’d fucked it and he was out of the game the second he threw the hit. How could he dig the team any deeper than that?

Swarley

Everyone on here and twitter knows I am the last person who would defend Batch after his abysmal season and lack of him standing up for his team mates and looking just uninterested in the game but yesterday after Chad was taken out and left bloody Batch no choicing a guy for a hit that left someone bleeding all over the ice was 100% the right choice to make and I even cheered him on for doing it because that's what fans and his team need to see him doing when it's absolutely necessary.

BostonBart22

Absolutely, glad someone agrees with me on that I'm not quite certain on this I'm sure guildford and flames got 3 from what Ives seen, but it all depends on devils budget I suppose, but would like another to take pressure off PR and that's not having a dig at him bcos our play so far thus season has improved by at least 75%and doing a great job , just feel another set of eyes could help .
steelers was meant in post

BostonBart22

was impressed with Curti, got a good un there once settled in as with friend.. know its early days but giants D looks quite solid early doors..

Wannabe2

Oh here we go. Just sneak enough bollocks in there to trigger the locals hey.

The hit is bad as it’s boarding and not a hit from behind. The fact Chad turned is irrelevant. Printz travelled distance at speed and hit Chad with enough gap from the boards he hit them out of control and got injured. You just expose your ignorance with the whole he turned defence as that wasn’t the offence or penalty. You can hit someone shoulder to shoulder and still get a boarding call so yes it was bad for the offence it was.

As for Batch should have got more as Printz was an unwilling combatant. You can fuck right off on that one.
Absolutely correct on that one, if your full of Chicken Shit, and Turtle at the first sign of physicality, then don’t try to be the hard man in the team and hit people from behind, because guess what your going to be handed your arse on a plate. We got his name and number we shall meet again Chicken Shit.

Wannabe2

Take the punches like a shithouse is a better analysis than being a man, nothing manly about decking a guy from behind and then acting like a bloody cowardly pussy, thankfully yours views are just that your views which differ from most others, and thank god for that.

Hedd Wyn John

Take the punches like a shithouse is a better analysis than being a man, nothing manly about decking a guy from behind and then acting like a bloody cowardly pussy, thankfully yours views are just that your views which differ from most others, and thank god for that.
Did I say it was being manly? No I didn't.