Devils Vs Giants - League - 8th Oct 23 - 18:00 FO

What is going on with Trevor Cox?

He’s been absolutely useless so far this season, yes it’s early doors but he eats up a lot of minutes and has been a complete shell of the player he has been in previous season.
I'm afraid that line of Martin and Sanford is over in my eyes just being bullied of the puck in line up match battles against them. Cox been awful every game I have seen this season.

Swarley

Our power play just isn't working altho we managed one power play goal it is frustrating seeing a 5 minute power play go goalless and it's clear as day Belfast are on another level when it comes to players knowing where their team mates are at all times.

The Devils have a good side but watching tonight it just looked like Belfast weren't leaving without them points.

Hopefully Chad isn't out for a long period of time as that boarding hit looked nasty, definitely giving kudos to batch for not giving the Belfast player a choice but to eat a few right handers.

I dunno what's going on with the Devils but PR must love a challenge.

Onto the next one then.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

That was a truly awesome game to watch, fast, furious, physical, back and forth, all those players left it all on the ice tonight, if we had played like that last night we would have destroyed Panthers. Giants keeper is on another planet he is so good, I actually didn’t see one devils player off the boil tonight, I thought every player played his heart out, but tonight Giants are the best team I have seen so far, fast, physical, big, and very talented, I left our gaff tonight having enjoyed that game big time, and have seen the bench mark to emulate, and they were missing one of their best players, was good to see Batchy step, up and in fairness it could have gone either way but I got my moneys worth.

Hedd Wyn John

Great game of hockey. Could’ve gone either way. Bad hit on #47 but well done to Batch for stepping up.
Disagree, Belfast looked comfortably better all night. & when we've got a 5 minute major PP coming our way the last thing we needed was Batch getting involved.

A 5 min powerplay is just what we needed at that point and instead we got a 3 minute advantage which Belfast easily killed.

Gotta learn to play smarter.

Pembo

Great game of hockey. Could’ve gone either way. Bad hit on #47 but well done to Batch for stepping up.
Yeah fair play to Batch, immediately responded after the dirty hit didn’t hesitate and you love to see players sticking up for teammates. Besko has always been a cheat code for the Giants, reminds me of the season we had Mac in goal, even if you only get 2 or 3 goals on a night that’s enough when your keeper is that good. Entertaining game, despite the result a good reaction after the Nottingham game. Belfast don’t look as strong as last year but with Besko and the most efficient power play I’ve seen so far this season they’re going to be hard to beat.

Pope#42

Too many similarities to last season. Sloppy passing, rushed desperate plays, players getting outmuscled and pinned to the boards. & when we get a much needed penalty coming our way in the last 5 minutes we go and get a penalty for fighting, reducing a 1 man advantage down from 5 mins to 3 mins. & boy we needed every minute on the advantage we could get as the Giants found it too easy to disrupt our PP.
Personally I’d take that penalty all day long - Batch made the right decision calling the Belfast player out for that dirty hit.

Wannabe2

This is the devil's we know.

Another season finishing behind giants.

I know il get moaned at but am I wrong?

Nope.
Way off the mark dude, comparing us to last season as the devils we know, get a grip there’s no comparison whatsoever, still your comments don’t surprise me, and you do have the right name hockeymad.

Wannabe2

Too many similarities to last season. Sloppy passing, rushed desperate plays, players getting outmuscled and pinned to the boards. & when we get a much needed penalty coming our way in the last 5 minutes we go and get a penalty for fighting, reducing a 1 man advantage down from 5 mins to 3 mins. & boy we needed every minute on the advantage we could get as the Giants found it too easy to disrupt our PP.
We don’t compare one iota to last seasons team, and then you complain when Batch sticks up for a team mate, Jesus he can’t do anything he’s wrong when he don’t bother and wrong when he does, it’s about looking after your team mates bloody hell.

ASHIPP

Gigantic? Players shellshocked and not wanting to face another shift? Overrun?

I’ve seen some exaggerations on here but this is way up there. It was game we had by far the greater amount of time on attack, most shots and were in it until the end. It could’ve gone either way. Sometimes we were more physical, sometimes they were.
I don't think I am exaggerating. I agree our Guys played better as the game went on in p2 and gradually increased their possession...but there is no denying that the Giants came out in p1 to shellshock early. Our Guys looked tired...we certainly weren't always first to the puck.
Seems like one or two others on here have a similar view.

Ocko

Disagree, Belfast looked comfortably better all night. & when we've got a 5 minute major PP coming our way the last thing we needed was Batch getting involved.

A 5 min powerplay is just what we needed at that point and instead we got a 3 minute advantage which Belfast easily killed.

Gotta learn to play smarter.
You don’t know hockey. Or teams sports for that matter.

Wannabe2

Yeah fair play to Batch, immediately responded after the dirty hit didn’t hesitate and you love to see players sticking up for teammates. Besko has always been a cheat code for the Giants, reminds me of the season we had Mac in goal, even if you only get 2 or 3 goals on a night that’s enough when your keeper is that good. Entertaining game, despite the result a good reaction after the Nottingham game. Belfast don’t look as strong as last year but with Besko and the most efficient power play I’ve seen so far this season they’re going to be hard to beat.
Now that’s a post that makes sense, but I actually think Giants are stronger this season.

Hedd Wyn John

We don’t compare one iota to last seasons team, and then you complain when Batch sticks up for a team mate, Jesus he can’t do anything he’s wrong when he don’t bother and wrong when he does, it’s about looking after your team mates bloody hell.
To be honest I'd rather we win games. If the stripes had missed the offence then I get the need to stick up for your team But when there's a clear powerplay coming your way it's dumb move. An extra 2 mins with a man advantage could have been enough to give us a point tonight, maybe more.

Ocko

I don't think I am exaggerating. I agree our Guys played better as the game went on in p2 and gradually increased their possession...but there is no denying that the Giants came out in p1 to shellshock early. Our Guys looked tired...we certainly weren't always first to the puck.
Seems like one or two others on here have a similar view.
Giants having the better of the play in the initial part of the first period doesn’t mean our players were shell shocked. It was a good back and forth game.

They must’ve been so shell shocked that those 19 shots in P1 came from trying to ice the puck. So shell shocked we had all the o-zone time and almost 3 times the shots.

jimmy snels

Are you seriously suggesting batch shouldn't be filling him in for that hit?! Get a grip FFS, maybe next time he'll think twice about making a hit I fully expect to get a four to six game ban due to his speed and distance from the boards.

I'd be absolutely incandescent if batch didn't try to fight in that situation

The_Stick_

We Haven't seem him play yet so that remains to be seen. Don't count chickens before they hatch.
Well the same could be said in the situation. We are less than 10 competitive games into the season and people are already comparing us to last season. If by the end of the month we are still not firing I’ll happily call it out, but it just seems way to early for that. We have a brilliant coach who still needs time to implement his style. Trust the process

Hedd Wyn John

You don’t know hockey. Or teams sports for that matter.
I've followed hockey and team sports for years. Don't tell me what i do or dont know
Giants having the better of the play in the initial part of the first period doesn’t mean our players were shell shocked. It was a good back and forth game.

They must’ve been so shell shocked that those 19 shots in P1 came from trying to ice the puck. So shell shocked we had all the o-zone time and almost 3 times the shots.
Besko can and will eat those shots every day of the week. We created very few grade A scoring chances. Besko doesn't let many in & we didn't do nowhere near enough to work him tonight. To many hit & hope kinda shots but to give credit where due the Belfast D did exactly what they needed to make most of those shots speculative.

Wannabe2

To be honest I'd rather we win games. If the stripes had missed the offence then I get the need to stick up for your team But when there's a clear powerplay coming your way it's dumb move. An extra 2 mins with a man advantage could have been enough to give us a point tonight, maybe more.
You obviously have never played a team sport, when a team mate gets decked with a filthy hit, you don’t have any time to think oh i wonder what he will get for that while your team mate is pissing out blood, if your a real team mate your in it within a split second. But that’s obviously alien to you but there you go.