Devils Vs Giants - League - 10th Dec 22 - 19:00 FO

With Crawford as someone said earlier he could mature into a very good player as he’s only 26. If he was to stay around and be paired with the right partner.
The stupid petulant penalties will have to be removed from his game though, it’s so annoying!!

Hedd Wyn John

Anybody got any comments to report on the Q and A?
Todd Kelman basically confirmed that he and the owners are fully committed to the Cardiff Devils. He said the reason why they've not brought in any players to cover injuries is that they've been expecting Coughler back in a week or so, it's been very hard to find suitable players on the market at this time and the Housing shortage in Cardiff makes it very difficult to pick up a player with family. Todd said that the owners are fully committed financially to the club and there's no money shortage etc. Todd gave his full backing to Dupont and discussed why they signed so many players from last year and spent quite a bit of time explaining why they signed each player they did and why players like Register did not return.
Todd confirmed he wasn't happy with some of the inconsistencies this year and stated that after the 4 successive Challenge cup defeats he told the team that some players would be released if they didn't qualify. Todd confirmed the aim was still to win silverware.

I only heard about half of the Q&A - that's what I can remember off the top of my head.

voth26

He takes a stupid penalty when we’re about to go on the powerplay. Four minutes for petulance.
Got to be honest I think that's a bit harsh, hogwash called nothing on giants in ways of dangerous high sticks I counted at least 4 and countless blatant slashes, yet the first time we raise a stick Crawford gets 4 minutes??. For me that was the worst game I've seen hogwash ref and trust there have been many bad games he's reffed us in and perring wasn't much better

voth26

Difficult one for the boys tonight… Bownsy gets run and no retribution. We’re low on bodies and our main enforcer but I’m a bit old school with this… that is just a big no no and he should have been made to answer for it.

Great game for Sanford tonight. Good win.

Guildford keep marching on.
Absolutely right, I said if Lou was there then there would have been, I was hoping batchy would step up but he didnt

august04 2.0

The +- metric only counts even-strength goals. So powerplay doesn't count.
Crawford has the best +- in the league, now at +24 after last night.
You can find the odd match where perhaps the +- stat doesn't give the whole story, but there's no arguing with +24 after 21 games. It shows that he's often on the ice when we score and also we don't concede much when he is. For me he's been a great pick up, still young with a physical edge, hopefully he will be with us for many seasons.
-2 in the Challenge Cup against consistently better opposition though, through 9 games. Let’s not be selective and leave a big chunk of the season out. His league stats are impressive though.

The_Puck

Got to be honest I think that's a bit harsh, hogwash called nothing on giants in ways of dangerous high sticks I counted at least 4 and countless blatant slashes, yet the first time we raise a stick Crawford gets 4 minutes??. For me that was the worst game I've seen hogwash ref and trust there have been many bad games he's reffed us in and perring wasn't much better
To be fair to Hogwash, as bad as he was yesterday the 4 minute penalty was correct. If you high stick someone and blood is drawn then it’s always given as a 2+2 which was unfortunately what happened on that play

pjj365

Todd Kelman basically confirmed that he and the owners are fully committed to the Cardiff Devils. He said the reason why they've not brought in any players to cover injuries is that they've been expecting Coughler back in a week or so, it's been very hard to find suitable players on the market at this time and the Housing shortage in Cardiff makes it very difficult to pick up a player with family. Todd said that the owners are fully committed financially to the club and there's no money shortage etc. Todd gave his full backing to Dupont and discussed why they signed so many players from last year and spent quite a bit of time explaining why they signed each player they did and why players like Register did not return.
Todd confirmed he wasn't happy with some of the inconsistencies this year and stated that after the 4 successive Challenge cup defeats he told the team that some players would be released if they didn't qualify. Todd confirmed the aim was still to win silverware.

I only heard about half of the Q&A - that's what I can remember off the top of my head.
Qualify for what stage?

voth26

To be fair to Hogwash, as bad as he was yesterday the 4 minute penalty was correct. If you high stick someone and blood is drawn then it’s always given as a 2+2 which was unfortunately what happened on that play
The 4minute call was right as you say, my point was the amount of high sticks he let go for the giants at least 4 I counted 2 bad high sticks for ruopp alone which I believe drew blood on one? but no calls, yet called the first high stick on us