Devils Vs Giants - 5th October - 7pm F/O - Chat & Updates

jimmy snels

Re: Devils Vs Giants - 5th October - 7pm F/O - Chat & Update

Poor finishing cost us tonight.

Morristte- not sure why we gassed ross and replaced him with someone who offers little other than a guessing game of whether he is dopey, sneezy or bashful....

Piggot and quiney took the body, got stuck in and generally play like devils for two shifts. Which is rewarded with a long sit on the bench of at least 15mins.. BIZARRE.

G needs to man up and fight for his team. If conboy isnt available and Lloyd takes a run at someone chase him and make him go. Keefe WILL help. That evens out the instigator pen straight away. Would also take at least one top line player with him. Good trade!!!

Why is hill ahead of piggot in our lines? Been beyond awful entire season.

Conboy eating hotdogs in the bar is not where we need u so get your head sorted and help the team.

Lines - 1st looks dangerous. Lord mac blight should stay together. Max conboy davies onto second for me. Myres piggot and cj. Quiney unfortunately would have to play with morrisette and hill on the fourth but but hopefully not to long!!

Again we out shot an away team Shots On: Dan LaCosta 9+10+7=26 + 1 ENG, Stephen Murphy 11+11+8=30

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Can anyone tell me why Jake Morrissette is here? He's not contributed anything in about 4 or 5 games? There must be better options out there?

The Devil Himself now Free

mazza03

Finny said:
Tonight we got beaten by a better side.

We were all over them for the first 10 mins, but they weathered the storm and deserved their lead. Our equaliser was against the run of play IMO and they hammered us second period.

Third period we tried our best but they were solid defensively and despite our pressure never looked in any trouble.

I don't get the criticism of our physicality. I thought we played physical but sensible. It would have been nice to smash Lloyd into several pieces but they'd have been banned to January.
I'm afraid our D is our problem but I thought we played a good game against a better team, I would love it for our luck to change and a couple of shots go in the net, gutted. :(

mazza03 said:
Finny said:
Tonight we got beaten by a better side.

We were all over them for the first 10 mins, but they weathered the storm and deserved their lead. Our equaliser was against the run of play IMO and they hammered us second period.

Third period we tried our best but they were solid defensively and despite our pressure never looked in any trouble.

I don't get the criticism of our physicality. I thought we played physical but sensible. It would have been nice to smash Lloyd into several pieces but they'd have been banned to January.
I'm afraid our D is our problem but I thought we played a good game against a better team, I would love it for our luck to change and a couple of shots go in the net, gutted. :(
I think not putting the puck in the net is a problem as well, just saying

Finny

I'm far more worried about our scoring ability than our defence at moment.

We do seem to have lost all our confidence in front of net and are just shooting it at net and hoping for the best. I couldn't fault the guys effort in that third period but despite being camped out in their zone for almost the whole 20 mins I never really believed we were going to get two goals back.

Hopefully we can get some luck in these next two games against Edinburgh and raise the players confidence.

ASHIPP

At least Morrisette was attempting to carry the puck and create some chances. There are other forwards clearly playing badly and should either be benched or moved down the ranks. Their names have already been mentioned.

We are fortunate to have some forwards with good defensive skills but since Ross's departure it's obvious the D desperately need an additional stay at home player. Tyson runs the show for that unit...he cant do everything on his own.

Team are badly missing Andrew Conboy. He is a presence and a good player. They need a catylist, someone who will really worry or distract the opposition like the Vother did....someone who will camp out in front goal. Instead we have shots whizzing across the opposition goalie instead of going in the net.

I still believe the guys flogged their guts out last night against a better, more organised and skillful team. I don't believe the Devils played badly.....but they need to find a way to convert their chances and get themselves organised. Those players off form need to step up otherwise they do.'t deserve to be there.

Think G should sit out a few games and coach from the bench. Don't understand why Richie plays point on the powerplay as he can't shoot the puck. Bench Hill the only power forward I've seen who is scared of his own shadow.

DevilDom

The effort of the majority players cannot be questioned. Some however need to have a long hard look at themselves and ask if they are giving everything they can every night. They know who they are.

However, the simple fact was we were beaten by a team with better players, and who were better drilled than the Devils. I thought the Devils were "ok" most of the night the Giants were simply better. We tried to put pressure on them but never really succeeded. The Giants have a solid core of players that have won so many times at the BBT that it is almost like a home game for them now. We were reasonably physical the giants were more physical. They were just better than us in all aspects of the game.

I'm not sure whether the route cause is the players not performing to their ability, the coaching or just that we are simply not good enough, however those who think our PP isn't a problem - 0 from 8 last night? We may mask over it by scoring against the weaker teams but on our home ice against the teams in our conference it remains a problem for me.

Skippy

Thread starter #30

DevilDom said:
however those who think our PP isn't a problem - 0 from 8 last night? We may mask over it by scoring against the weaker teams but on our home ice against the teams in our conference it remains a problem for me.
Looking at a few game sheets and no teams powerplay is having it away at the minute.

The best of past night was 1 goal from four. But there were a whole load of no goals from 7 or 8 powerplays across the league.

ASHIPP

Lack of confidence in scoring, players off form and maybe the balance still all wrong. Jimmy Snells' post alludes to it - time to change the dynamic of all the lines except Mac/Lordy/Blight.

Ben, CJ and Luke demonstrated more grit, determination and , yes, skill on their shifts than some of the more experienced off form players Ben's skill needs developing next to an experienced import. Luke and C J and Rupert are good enough for much more ice time. Utilise them and G has the opportunity to bench underachievers until they can prove they can meaningfully make a contribution.

Earnie

By saying what he did this week PR has put a lot of pressure on G and the team. That is not a good situation.
There are one or two who need to seriously perform better.
We dominated the third period so can not say lack of effort by the boys.
Power plays failed miserably and thereby our downfall.

Jones72

Earnie said:
By saying what he did this week PR has put a lot of pressure on G and the team. That is not a good situation.
There are one or two who need to seriously perform better.
We dominated the third period so can not say lack of effort by the boys.
Power plays failed miserably and thereby our downfall.
In fairness, it appears that it was not PR that kicked off the media circus...rather part of a broader interview with Brent which was then jumped on by Media Wales and the butchered in order to create a 'sensational' headline that would sell more of their broadsheet budgie-cage liner.

He has since gone on record regarding his position, and I think that's all been fairly handled by the club.

The pressure is there, for sure, but I don't imagine for one second that it's making much of a difference over and above what the players and coaches already feel as a result of the run of form. They would obviously want to win games rather than lose.

Totally agree with your summary. There are one or two players that need to look at the commitment and intensity shown by some of their team-mates (for example Ben and Luke stand out) and take a leaf out of their book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Mooney#16

I actually thought the Devils deserved at least a point from last night. They had some good slot penetration not just held to the outside and really just got undone to by two pieces of individual skill. Szwez and Sandrocks goals were top class so you just have to hold your hands up. The effort was certainly there and if the shooting had been a little better that could have been a W. Yes a few guys are way out of form but you have to weather that unfortunately in the belief they can get it back.

My only main criticism is the use of the Bench. I think as people have said Belfast rucked it up and got away with a fair bit but due to the pressure discipline is high up the priority. However to me as soon a Lloyd played that hit on CJ Franny should have put Quinny out straight against him. Line them up and just break your stick over the guy if you have to but give an instant answer. Let's be honest if you can't beat them. Beat them up. I think G and Franny need to get really nasty with the oppositions. As they say make the BBT just the worst hockey experience of oppositions careers.

Russky

well it was my first game of this season last night as a paying punter and several things stood out to me

1 we have no playmaker who calls the plays when we break from defence to attack so consquently we looked like headless chickens and have no idea what to do when we cross our D blue line.

2 no crashing of the opposing net en masse

3 defence play to high on the D blue line consqently got caught in 2 on1 situations every time.

4 La costa kept the score down to single figures

5 No D man on the back door cost us tthe first goal

6 No cohesion/undertanding between defensive lines and Offensive lines.

7 We are missing Stu!!!!!!!

8 Hill Batch and Morrisette are anonymous in games

9 Quiney had a mare on D and spilt the puck too many times

10 Max needs to sharpen his skates he slipped over too many times

Finally

a 5 match ban for Lino Sam Motton for taking out a player at the end of the 2nd period :lol:

not a bad night,my wife won the framed shirt,,,,,got home found i had won 750 pounds on the lottery,,,happy devil days,perhaps .at least the drummer in 15 was not in the tent ,oh happy days.

You don't get banned for being physical ! Physically we are a laughing stock. Dress it up all you like....but we are just plain 'soft'...even at the BBT
As last year....no one really finishes their checks.
No one supports our gutsy little uns when they get roughed up near the opposition goal....and in front of our own goal our players end up on their backsides with opposition forwards looking down on them. It's awful! It's depressing....and it's very much the same as last year.
I find the crowd this year, again, tremendously supportive, especially at the outset... willing the team to give them something to shout about.....but in all truth it gets precious little in return. The on ice offering in the last two years has been the poorest and least exciting ..in the last twent years.

rolf

schulersagoodun said:
You don't get banned for being physical ! Physically we are a laughing stock. Dress it up all you like....but we are just plain 'soft'...even at the BBT
As last year....no one really finishes their checks.
No one supports our gutsy little uns when they get roughed up near the opposition goal....and in front of our own goal our players end up on their backsides with opposition forwards looking down on them. It's awful! It's depressing....and it's very much the same as last year.
I find the crowd this year, again, tremendously supportive, especially at the outset... willing the team to give them something to shout about.....but in all truth it gets precious little in return. The on ice offering in the last two years has been the poorest and least exciting ..in the last twent years.

Chin up Alan, maybe we could get George Swann back...........