Devils Vs Flyers - Sunday 27th October - Chatter

Devilsfan2013 said:
I'm bringing a large group of football players to come watch a proper sport. My mate mark said that if you sponsor a player you can pay them to kick off. If this is correct I would like to pay several of thee players to fight each other. I'm not bothered about goals. I'm a PROPER fan, see.
What? Fight if necessary but don't act up and risk injury before next weekend.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

voth26

can i still get straminf of the game if it has started if so anyone have the link, i was hoping to get there but as im typing this post and the game has started i guess i didnt :lol:

Ocko

Pathetic. Putting Franny back on the bench and G on the ice has taken us back so many steps. We are so disorganised it's embarrassing. Our D were like headless chickens for all of their goals, with G pinching in and being too slow to get back epitomising his form this year. It's at least four times he's done it this year at home alone.

We should have put fife to the sword tonight, instead I think Adams fell on it.

Is it possible that Adams iced only because it was his SOHB?
I assume these nights are pre determined and they believed they should win against Fife comfortably so let him play.......Wrong!!!

ASHIPP

ASHIPP said:
On Steeltalk fans are saying Flyers played a great defensive road game limiting Steelers to v few chances. Flyers recycled the puck very quickly and caught Sheffield on the break for all 3 goals.
Yeah EXACTLY what I said.

Congratulations to Fife..they played two great road games and thoroughly deserved to win tonight.

Cardiff Devils were an absolute shambles. Enough said.

Paul Sullivan

Ocko said:
Pathetic. Putting Franny back on the bench and G on the ice has taken us back so many steps. We are so disorganised it's embarrassing.
Which, knowing that the Club retired G, and assuming the changes you mention above are responsible, begs the question:

Why did the Club do what they did tonight?

osh

Yep, great performance from The Flyers and probably deserved the win, especially coming back from 2 down and then being short handed in overtime. A great turnout from their supporters tonight and they were as noisy as ever supporting their team.

As for us, just what was the point of G icing tonight ? Franny on the bench and no sign of Pope being anywhere near the bench. G should take a long hard look at himself after tonight, stay on the bench full time for gods sake, you are embarrassing yourself and costing us goals. Plumton cost us another goal trying to deliver a hip check on the boards that failed miserably. We lacked cohesion and our pp still looks as dire as ever. Penalty shots ?? Blight the only one who looked like scoring and as for Mac's attempt, pathetic ! It's back to the drawing board and make it quick. I'm afraid last weeks 2 wins against a very poor Blaze team disguised so much that is poor about our style of play and we desperately need a new D guy in soon as possible. Hang up the skates for good please G.

Paul Sullivan

osh said:
Yep, great performance from The Flyers and probably deserved the win, especially coming back from 2 down and then being short handed in overtime. A great turnout from their supporters tonight and they were as noisy as ever supporting their team.

As for us, just what was the point of G icing tonight ? Franny on the bench and no sign of Pope being anywhere near the bench. G should take a long hard look at himself after tonight, stay on the bench full time for gods sake, you are embarrassing yourself and costing us goals. ...Hang up the skates for good please G.
We've often gone head to head but deep down I don't believe you think G decided to ice tonight of his own accord.

If you do, then I would suggest you ask Jereme Tendler's girlfriend for a refund on your cakes.

osh

Paul Sullivan said:
osh said:

As for us, just what was the point of G icing tonight ? Franny on the bench and no sign of Pope being anywhere near the bench. G should take a long hard look at himself after tonight, stay on the bench full time for gods sake, you are embarrassing yourself and costing us goals. ...Hang up the skates for good please G.
We've often gone head to head but deep down I don't believe you think G decided to ice tonight of his own accord.

If you do, then I would suggest you ask Jereme Tendler's girlfriend for a refund on your cakes.
This is not a matter of going 'head to head' as you put it, as for who decided he iced I don't know, you obviously do so let us know. Reading G's programme notes tonight, it seemed as though he was very content to stay on the bench full time, that is why I cannot understand why he was out there tonight. If PR insisted for whatever reason that G wet back on the ice, I find that incredible, and would say our owner has shot himself in the foot if responsible!

Paul Sullivan

osh said:
Paul Sullivan said:
osh said:

This is not a matter of going 'head to head' as you put it, as for who decided he iced I don't know, you obviously do so let us know. Reading G's programme notes tonight, it seemed as though he was very content to stay on the bench full time, that is why I cannot understand why he was out there tonight. If PR insisted for whatever reason that G wet back on the ice, I find that incredible, and would say our owner has shot himself in the foot if responsible!
And I would agree with you. But this organisation has a history of smoking gun-related foot injuries.

Gerad is a true professional. If he had decided to ice he would have done so in advance and would have practised all week with the team to perfect lines and systems.

If he had, for example, been told a day in advance with only one hurried practise arranged, that would explain the current acrimony very well, would it not?

osh

Paul Sullivan wrote;And I would agree with you. But this organisation has a history of smoking gun-related foot injuries.

Gerad is a true professional. If he had decided to ice he would have done so in advance and would have practised all week with the team to perfect lines and systems.

If he had, for example, been told a day in advance with only one hurried practise arranged, that would explain the current acrimony very well, would it not? Unquote

I agree with you 100%, G is indeed a true professional and has been a great servant of the club. If PR has forced his hand in the way you suggest - and as I have already posted elsewhere - Mr Ragan is responsible for 3 long time ( and long suffering ) fans calling a halt in attending future home games.

Finny

With regards to the game, I thought we were extremely unlucky not to get all two points. We dominated for long spells and played physical too, but we made a couple of individual errors which proved costly and came up against an excellent netminder.

I know in recent weeks we've been shooting poorly, but some of his saves tonight were unreal. And whilst I think a couple of the net incidents were accidental, two or three of them were definitely intentional.

As for the off-ice management - they are quickly making the club a laughing stock. Have they been taking tips off Vincent Tan?

rolf

Now steady on. Let's wait and see here. As far as I know our coach is still in gainful employment even though the official club statement seems a bit odd. Not sure why they had to post that Gerad's agent had advised them of this position and does that mean that his agent is now running this club?