Devils Vs Flyers - Sunday 24th Jan - 6pm - Chat / Updates

Skippy

Thread starter #1

Sunday nights sees the Devils back in action at the Big Blue tent taking on the travelling Fife Flyers.

Webcast available at http://www.icetime.tv and it's rather good, so if you're not going have a look :E

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

voth26

Re: Devils Vs Flyers - Sunday 24th Jan - 6pm - Chat / Update

Hopefully the devils will come out flying no pun intended, we need a win at all costs and a performance like the last few weeks would be great but I will happily sacrifice performance for 2 points every game at this stage of the season. Come on Devils you have worked hard to get where you are, one big push till the end of the season and your rewards will be huge. Red army is behind you guys

Devils need to win tonight for sure!!
4/5 is big odds. Might chuck a lump of money on us to win.

Flyers away form has been very good of late and we haven't lost a game in regulation time for the last 5 away games
Usually the small ice doesn't suit us but Manchester is very similar to the tent and we have done alright there and it doesn't seem to be such a big issue with us as it has been in the past

Rich Best

That line with salters, Martin and Doucet looked outstanding in the first period!

What is up with Kurka? Injured or dropped?

Slartibartfast

An easy win that showed the gap between these two teams but what worries me is the change in performance after the first period.
The Devils are the best team in the league when playing at 100%, always first to the puck, playing physical, relentess forechecking and backchecking. This is exactly what the were in the first period. It was some of the best hockey I have seen.
But when they were comfortably ahead, all that changed and they were a different team in the second and third.
Giving just as much as you need to stay ahead has some logic. Why burn yourselves out or risk injuries when you are ahead.
But...such a strategy carries a risk. We tried to protect a one goal lead against Sheffield last night and did not look like we were playing 100% after we took the lead. That loss may have cost us the league.
It may seem ungrateful or negative to complain after a 4-1 win. I just would like to see the passion and effort for a full 60 minutes or at least 50 minutes not just 20 minutes.
I haven't seen a Devils team as capable as winning the League as this one but it is going to take 100% effort 100% of the time.

voth26

2points well done Devils, and seemingly a half decent performance

DevilDom

One very good Devils period was all that was needed. Blew them away in the 1st and then largely coasted through the 2nd and 3rd. Happy with the win but it was quite a dull game after the 1st. The line with Doucet, Martin and Salters on it looked absolutely awesome though. Also, good to see Jones and Piggott get plenty of ice time. Piggott laid on the some pretty big hits too!

ASHIPP

A comfortable win to get 2 very important points. Forfeited the entetainment aspect of the game tonight and did just what was needed to secure the result. Maybe an element of conserving energy for the crucial midweek game...or carryover tiredness from last night.

Salters-Martin-Doucet line worked v well. Be interesting to see which player will be rested on Wednesday. Did Tomas Kurka pick up an injury last night or just scratched?

Lordo didn't play as many shifts as usual tonight. Is he carrying an injury? He looked like he had been hurt in one last weekend's games.

Sheincar

ASHIPP said:
A comfortable win to get 2 very important points. Forfeited the entetainment aspect of the game tonight and did just what was needed to secure the result. Maybe an element of conserving energy for the crucial midweek game...or carryover tiredness from last night.

Salters-Martin-Doucet line worked v well. Be interesting to see which player will be rested on Wednesday. Did Tomas Kurka pick up an injury last night or just scratched?

Lordo didn't play as many shifts as usual tonight. Is he carrying an injury? He looked like he had been hurt in one last weekend's games.
I was told he has a lung infection. Now whether that's true or another way of saying man flu I don't know!

2 points needed, job done in the first period, really dull second and third just conserving energy I assume for Wednesday.

Great first period from salters, playing like a man possessed, perhaps having a spare import has given the necessary kick to some players who realise now they could be dropped, creates good competition within the team for this final stretch of the season

august04

Game over after 10 quality minutes from the Devils. After that it was very dull but job done. I suppose we've become used to intense games in recent weeks. Then you get a game like tonight and the difference between the conferences becomes so apparent.

Jones72

Tommy Muir was immense. He owned Salters all night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

BostonBart22

Sheincar said:
ASHIPP said:

I was told he has a lung infection. Now whether that's true or another way of saying man flu I don't know!
batch may have a minor injury or man flu as he didnt ice 2nd period, job done by the devils against a team thats scored over 20 goals in the last 3 league games.

Wannabe2

BostonBart22 said:
Sheincar said:
ASHIPP said:

batch may have a minor injury or man flu as he didnt ice 2nd period, job done by the devils against a team thats scored over 20 goals in the last 3 league games.
Including a win over Steelers in Sheffield.

Sheincar

TBH once the job was done I'd rather we conserve energy for Wednesday's game.

Have Hope#35

Sheincar said:
ASHIPP said:

So it turns out he was a healthy scratch! Lordo with some tough decisions to make if everyone stays fit...

voth26

Hard call for Lordo to make to leave Tomas out, but he has to leave a player out, and that decision is just going to get harder going forward. Hopefully he has learned from the situation he had with Jesse last season (although this year will be handled better im sure) and rotates the players fairly and ensures the players understand the reason why. Don't envy Lordo one bit though