Devils Vs Flyers - League - 26th Nov 23 - FO 18:00

Devils86

Hopefully a breakthrough moment for Ully - he's been decent thus far but now hopefully he can push on and start putting up the numbers I had hoped for pre-season. GOAT getting there and were some old school Joey moves on show. Bowns great. And for a guy who really needed it, Crandall is back to his first season form.

When do Duggs and Chad get back into the side...no idea.

Great response to last night but Flyers were poor. That'll be a long trip back to Kirkcaldy for them, and for the pair of fans (fair play to them, long way for 6-0).

Wannabe2

Hopefully a breakthrough moment for Ully - he's been decent thus far but now hopefully he can push on and start putting up the numbers I had hoped for pre-season. GOAT getting there and were some old school Joey moves on show. Bowns great. And for a guy who really needed it, Crandall is back to his first season form.

When do Duggs and Chad get back into the side...no idea.

Great response to last night but Flyers were poor. That'll be a long trip back to Kirkcaldy for them, and for the pair of fans (fair play to them, long way for 6-0).
In fairness Flyers only had 14 skaters, and that long journey down here, it was only a matter of time before they really tired.

E.D.S.

Just don’t see huge positives from tonight. Any other team in the league would have put us to bed tonight. We were dire. Another team would have been out of touch after two periods. It was only because Fife were so bad and offered so little that we got away with it. Bowns fully deserved his shut out from the little he had to do.
The first line still looked average and don’t appear to be a line that will allow us to challenge for the league.
I have more concerns following this weekend than at the start of it. I’m hoping it’s a case of too many games in so few days that’s starting to show and nothing bigger.

Finny

Outstanding performance tonight. At times we were pretty much unplayable. As already said, if it wasn’t for Shane Owen that would have been double-figures.

As close to perfection as you can hope for.

RedDevil17

Just don’t see huge positives from tonight. Any other team in the league would have put us to bed tonight. We were dire. Another team would have been out of touch after two periods. It was only because Fife were so bad and offered so little that we got away with it. Bowns fully deserved his shut out from the little he had to do.
The first line still looked average and don’t appear to be a line that will allow us to challenge for the league.
I have more concerns following this weekend than at the start of it. I’m hoping it’s a case of too many games in so few days that’s starting to show and nothing bigger.
Not sure what game you were watching? Only thing I’ll agree with is that Fife were dire.

jimmy snels

Much improved performance, I stayed til the end
Ully will get all the plaudits but lots of players did bits tonight. I will say though, I thought after last few performances cox would get sat and chad given a go and to be honest disappointed that didn't happen. Did nothing for me to suggest otherwise tonight, I honestly think he's coasting.

Owen I'd swap for any day. Top Nettie. Could have been 10 or more.

Devils86

Much improved performance, I stayed til the end
Ully will get all the plaudits but lots of players did bits tonight. I will say though, I thought after last few performances cox would get sat and chad given a go and to be honest disappointed that didn't happen. Did nothing for me to suggest otherwise tonight, I honestly think he's coasting.

Owen I'd swap for any day. Top Nettie. Could have been 10 or more.
Cox's family were in town for the weekend I think - now whether that played a part I don't know. It shouldn't. But just putting it out there.

E.D.S.

Not sure what game you were watching? Only thing I’ll agree with is that Fife were dire.
I was watching Devils v Fife. It's ok to disagree. We saw the game differently. Do you care to offer your opinion or just deride mine?

1-0 after the first period. Low in quality whilst we struggled to break down a poor Fife team.
2-0 after the second and that was only a PPG. Still struggling to break them down. Lacked anything in the way of being clinical. Sloppy plays. Hence my point about any other team possibly pulling away from us.
The third was clearly better but far from a perfect game. We struggled to break a poor team down. Ully and Crandall continue to play well. Ully was rewarded tonight for weeks of good performances.

Difference of opinion.

Last edited: