Devils Vs Flyers - 21 Nov 18 - League

pjj365

Agree with you about Hedden. If he gets going it will be a massive boost for this team. Hopefully a goal or two will do that. I remember Lordo's interview in the summer regarding Hedden, I think he genuinely thought Hedden would be a contender for league MVP. It's still early enough for this to happen but I think it's fair to say that he needs to have a great second half of the season. To be fair I thought he was arguably our best player in the CHL so we know it's there
Wishing your life away? Good second half of the season?

We are not quite at the 1/3rd mark so I want all the team to have a great 2/3rd of the season

ASHIPP

Grit and relentlessness gets the job done for the Devils but a late goal by a Flyers team that plays for 60 mins shows how easily a scoreline can change if a team eases off.

Linglet's goal was a thing of beauty....possibly one of the most skilful and intelligent goals seen here in recent years. An Andrew Hotham Special! Our new players look to be settling in well - and Schiestel already looks like he will provide the presence of calming experience at the back that we have been missing since Strachan departed. Defence looked so much more organised, allowing the forwards to concentrate on creating more A grade chances. Bownsey has transformed in confidence during the last few games - he played a stormer last night long may it continue.

What an acquisition Evan Mosey is starting to be. Virtually a point per game since he joined the Team and exceptionally fast. Slots seamlessly into defence and a forward position.

Both games this weekend are potential banana skins against very erratic teams. Devils now are in a position to make those games in hand really count to mount a challenge to Giants. And ultimately it's the performances of Giants and Devils that will probably decide the League.

jenks33

Wishing your life away? Good second half of the season?

We are not quite at the 1/3rd mark so I want all the team to have a great 2/3rd of the season
Well we've played 30 competitive games so far this season and we've got 44 league games remaining. So you're right we are not half way but I think most people get the drift

jimmy snels

my points of note:
* game was a pretty tense affair i thought, mainly due to the heroic efforts of the fife netminder. my days he is good. bowns made a few good saves as well but by christ i thought owen was really really good.
*for me new dman whos name i will not attempt to spell yet was looking good.
*thought refs let game flow more and allowed a bit more to slide making it a better game.
*linglet at the minute is our #1 in my view and his line is playing well with him.
*reddick had a really good game on D.
*ulmer missing out was a big call but Myers did really well in his place.
*louis was back to his angry best. i like him like this!
* thought the decision to play only 1 dman with 2 minutes to go, on a pp and 3-1 up was stupid before the play and discussed with friends. 20 seconds later a tight finish! im sure lord is kicking himself for that one today
*i like Duggan. need to keep him

T10P

New guy Drew did well imo;

A few promising highlights for him were..

- He was all over the back of a fife player as he was clean through, caught up and really made it difficult to get the shot off without giving away a pen.
- Gave a nice little spin pass through the legs out of the d zone.
- Great diving effort to intercept a loose puck.

After being sceptical about his fitness before the game, seemed to look fine considering it was his first game this season.

Mooney#16

There was a fair amount of controversy around Bulmer’s fight strap and whether it was done up or not. He got a two min minor for it not being but in fairness it looked like it ripped off although that’s based on it being left attached to his shorts. It’s not beyond players to have a go at the stitching though as it takes a fair tug to pull that from a jersey. Guessing to not add fuel to the fire for the refs they left it off. This was what Dutiaume was niggling at in the after match interview about outside influences.

Foxy

At the end of the day though its the player and clubs job to ensure that the equipment is correct. If the stitching was not firm then they should have made sure it was. I can only go by the game worn shirts i have but there is no way the fight strap could have been ripped off like that. They're firm little buggers lol

Jonesy83

There was a fair amount of controversy around Bulmer’s fight strap and whether it was done up or not. He got a two min minor for it not being but in fairness it looked like it ripped off although that’s based on it being left attached to his shorts. It’s not beyond players to have a go at the stitching though as it takes a fair tug to pull that from a jersey. Guessing to not add fuel to the fire for the refs they left it off. This was what Dutiaume was niggling at in the after match interview about outside influences.
The only thing I could think off was the fight strap, I was in block 6 so didn’t have a great view of the shirt coming loose, but still it’s daft not to included one of the biggest parts of the game in the ‘highlights’