Devils Vs Flames - Sat 27 Oct - CC

Pope#42

Last night’s game was a little disappointing to me but I would rather have these games now and learn from them rather than later in the season. That said - Guildford are a good team and they thoroughly deserved the win. Their goalie had a corker of a game.

I did find myself questioning one of our tactics last night. Over the last few games we have been successful by having four lines yet last night we only really played with 3 which is a tactic we often see when we are losing. I know we are missing Faryna, but I really missed seeing Myers as he didn’t really seem to be icing much - he’s one of our best at screening the goalie and we could have done with that last night. I would have also liked to have seen some play from Duggan (apologies if he did ice and I missed it).

Gazr76

Disappointing not to win, it was generally a sloppy 'poke the puck around' game of hockey which was frustrating to watch. I think Lordo took the opportunity to test a fair few 'experiments' last night. Trying a few different plays which he normally wouldn't call. Above and beyond the normal systems he has ingrained in this great team. Then the reset button was hit in the last 10 mins of the game or so.
Don't read too much into it. Normally service will be resumed. Indeed, Probably tonight.

KaneDevils

Result to one side, have some of the posters been hit in the head with a puck? Honestly, some very weird posts.

I don't think people moan that we win easily, maybe more that the league is becoming slightly less competitive. An honest concern. Is that ok?

rolf

You think we play boring hockey really, if you don't go to games then how do you know the style of hockey we play??. would be good if you posted a positive post as well as negative ones, don't seem to hear from you when the team wins only when they lose but given this is the 1st game they've lost at home so far then im guessing strictly is right up your street for watching boring things
Bit harsh this. My opinion is just that, an opinion. I post when and what I want and not always negatively either but hey ho. You can read my posts to see for yourself or just decide and feel self-righteous in your dismissal of me. Frankly I am not bothered. Even though I do not attend all games, the ones I do not are watched on webcast or freesports tv. But again you can misunderstand me as you like and try and belittle...…………....

Kevlar68

Well my first game back so i blame myself as they were doing great until i turned up :).
But seriously it looked like they were just coasting till the third period and even with a loss they knew they still had Sundays game to make sure they finished top if need be which they won, so not a bad weekend really and i enjoyed the game anyway by just watching it in the IAW.

Gazza272

Well my first game back so i blame myself as they were doing great until i turned up :).
But seriously it looked like they were just coasting till the third period and even with a loss they knew they still had Sundays game to make sure they finished top if need be which they won, so not a bad weekend really and i enjoyed the game anyway by just watching it in the IAW.
Sundays game had no bearing on being top, Coventry have already confirmed to finish bottom, so all our results against them get wiped.

Kevlar68

So i'm confused here. If we had lost Sunday we would have only had 8 points. Then if Guilford win their last CC game they would have 8 points or am i wrong in that?