Devils Vs Flames - League - 18th Feb 23 - 19:00 FO

jenks33

The thing is… when you stink the place out week in and week out you would normally play to your strengths and try something different like a fight or a hit. Something to get some energy. Think he mentioned on Two Ales that is was 2019 or 2020 since he last fought. Speaks volumes. Disinterested and struggling to make an impact. Him, Reid, Crandall, Crawford and Penny were woeful tonight and for some weeks as well
My issue is I don’t think Kelly is ready and can we get another British Dman that’s an upgrade on Batch (joking aside). We’re very unlikely to recruit 6 import Dmen.

Swarley

At the moment any d In the u10 junior set up would hit harder than he does this season. Totally out of it again tonight
Too be fair Batch got absolutely leveled by a superb hit tonight and even Devils fans cheered when it happened, what upset most was the lack of response to being flattened like a paper cup.

jenks33

No, Crawford needs a reliable shut down defensive partner who can control the zone and slow the game down. Register is a great offensive player but not the rock we need for that role.
That’s why I think we might stick with Crawford. Ok he’s clearly had problems defensively but he’s projected to get 63 points. Partner him with a better Dman than Thompson and there’s potential there.

august04 2.0

No, Crawford needs a reliable shut down defensive partner who can control the zone and slow the game down. Register is a great offensive player but not the rock we need for that role.
Crawford can’t defend, which isn’t a great attribute for a D man. Other big defensive point scorers we’ve had in the past like Hotham and Fournier, could defend as well, whoever they were paired with. It’s quite important!

moggy#9

That’s why I think we might stick with Crawford. Ok he’s clearly had problems defensively but he’s projected to get 63 points. Partner him with a better Dman than Thompson and there’s potential there.
I think that the crux of it is that everyone focusses on Crawford's flaws, but if he didn't have them he'd be playing in a much better league. In this league we have to manage the limitations of the players we can get. Our problem is that our coach doesn't seem capable and some of our players seem disinterested.

Wannabe2

Crawford can’t defend, which isn’t a great attribute for a D man. Other big defensive point scorers we’ve had in the past like Hotham and Fournier, could defend as well, whoever they were paired with. It’s quite important!
Nail hit firmly on the head, we need offensive D Men that can score points, and can also defend Crawford ain’t in the category.No way.

moggy#9

Someone smashed little Britain into the ice aswell, no reaction then either , anyway onto important things, where can I purchase a devils bobble hat
Don't worry, I'm sure that the devils social media will post something about that this week. They sure as hell won't mention tonight.

There’s no doubting Batch has had a poor season but he’s an experienced british Dman and he’s still only 32. I think they might keep him. I really like the look of Kelly but I can’t see us picking him as our 6th Dman next season. That’s a tough ask for a kid in a team that will (hopefully) be challenging for a league title. Any other British Dmen out there that you think could realistically replace batch?
I’d personally look at a Brit forward instead. Maybe move Waller up the lines, get Cownie, Griffith’s or Lachowicz on the 3rd line.

moggy#9

I’d personally look at a Brit forward instead. Maybe move Waller up the lines, get Cownie, Griffith’s or Lachowicz on the 3rd line.
Hardwood must be getting close to being ready for the elite league. He's a big body and if he'd use it he'd be an improvement on most of the current team.

BostonBart22

I don’t think we started well…no shit Sherlock
And it's the coaches duty to get the team pumped up, once again , same old excuse , we started slow, weren't ready, imagine lordo after the first period, plus he would have the players pumped up before warm up never mind the game, I'm afraid dupes is to nicey nicey and players know it

ASHIPP

As someone rightly said earlier, the reality check is to lower our expectations now. Let's get this painful season over with and see what happens in the Summer.