Devils Vs Flames - CC - 23rd Sept 23 - 19:00 FO

What happened to the devils player announcement, has that been scrapped ?

Great to see Richie back, worried about waller being out again and hope barrow is ok

Good result against a defensively strong Guildford.
The refereeing was abysmal though. There were so many missed calls on both sides and I hate seeing all the slashing and spearing going on, we could have lost a few more players to injury.
Great to see the team pull together after the third.

Diablo3

Great win tonight but the power play still needs a bit of work, oh and please Todd lose that intro it is absolutely dire !!!
No its not it is part of the intro I would miss if he didn't do it.

I do think the intro sequence should be changed. Start with the number of the Beast speech from Iron Maiden, then the Ready set piece from Vo Williams. No need for Nickelback after that, then Todd does his stuff to get us up out of our seats.

The way it is now, Ready set gets the crowd going and it is all lost when Vincent Price starts talking.

(apologies if you meant the whole intro not just Todds stuff)

BostonBart22

Great win in the end, and it took Chad to change the game, Booth kept us in the game in the 2nd with about 4 one handed saves, at the end of the 1st didn't even notice crandall was playing but made up with that great goal, would love to see Chad on 3rd line and crandall 4th even if its a few games to try it out in the cc, but hey ho it's not my call but it was mentioned by a number of fans ..just saying

The_Stick_

Great win in the end, and it took Chad to change the game, Booth kept us in the game in the 2nd with about 4 one handed saves, at the end of the 1st didn't even notice crandall was playing but made up with that great goal, would love to see Chad on 3rd line and crandall 4th even if its a few games to try it out in the cc, but hey ho it's not my call but it was mentioned by a number of fans ..just saying
Both are completely different players. The reason Chad is able to do what he does is because he’s playing on the 4th line, which is predominantly the checking line. Moving Chad up to a higher line would mean less production personally

BostonBart22

Both are completely different players. The reason Chad is able to do what he does is because he’s playing on the 4th line, which is predominantly the checking line. Moving Chad up to a higher line would mean less production personally
Get your point in a way , but nobody knows unless it's implemented at some point especially in the cc. Another shout out to Harewood, had a stormer I thought he will be knocking on the GB set up pretty soon and hopefully devils sort a contract out before one of our rivals snap him up, would hate to see him playing in orange or teal.

E.D.S.

I thought Batch read the game well tonight and was a good example to those who keep saying “what do you expect Batch to do? Jump the boards and take stupid penalties”. I expect him to do what he did tonight. First three shifts… three big hits. He defended well too. Didn’t drop the gloves because he didn’t have to. He was physical.

we made that very hard for ourselves tonight. Strong first period then back to last seasons poor zone exits and weak dumping of the puck to get a change. It just created so much pressure for us.

Secondary offence is an issues for me. Our second line looks like it’s struggling. Ok Crandall scored but they don’t seem to look like much of a threat.

Whats Cox’s aversion to shooting? Even on the empty net he looked up to see if he could pass. Plenty of times this season a shot is the better option for Cox but he tries to Play the impossible pass.

Booth came good but wow, what a shocker in the first his overly aggressive style really concerns me.

Swarley

Booth came good but wow, what a shocker in the first his overly aggressive style really concerns me.
Booth seems to have a problem staying in his bloody crease when he needs to at one point I though he was off for a walk to the blue line, his stick side and glove side are equally good but I have noticed he's really slow going post to post and that was noticed by the flames early on.

Don't know if it's just him getting use to the size of the ice or what but he really needs to quit going out that far when he doesn't need to lol

MA18

Booth seems to have a problem staying in his bloody crease when he needs to at one point I though he was off for a walk to the blue line, his stick side and glove side are equally good but I have noticed he's really slow going post to post and that was noticed by the flames early on.

Don't know if it's just him getting use to the size of the ice or what but he really needs to quit going out that far when he doesn't need to lol
We said the same, he comes out that little bit to far. Not enough to put pressure of the attacker but far enough to cause himself issues with angles.
He definitely doesn’t play off his posts like the last few night minders we’ve been used to.
Came good as the game moved on but I’m not sure he’s an upgrade on Kozun.

E.D.S.

We said the same, he comes out that little bit to far. Not enough to put pressure of the attacker but far enough to cause himself issues with angles.
He definitely doesn’t play off his posts like the last few night minders we’ve been used to.
Agree and agree with @Swarley. It lends itself to those MA Fluery type of saves that look great on the highlights reels but more often than not end up conceding.

Another great game for Davies last night. The guys has zero quit in him. He turned into a bit of an agitator too last night.

Swarley

We'll see who the better net minder is today if Booth is in goal for us and Kozun starts for Blaze, out of the two I still think Kozy is ahead of Booth but I'd like to think he will settle and not go rushing towards the blue line any time there is an attack on goal.

JC23

In all honesty, I think Booth just needs more game time. After a couple seasons of rarely playing in game action, and coming to a different size (bigger?) ice pad, he needs time to learn his angles and adjust.

I think he will come very good around Christmas time given the chance - and will prove to be a big upgrade on Kozun, along with the potential of a GB call up.

Wannabe2

Loved that game last night, it was the best game I have seen for a long time. i thought the flames team were very good, fast, physical, and will certainly turn a number of teams over can see a top 3/4 finish. Ben was absolutely immense tonight and certainly back to his best, Chad well that’s how you should play when you put that shirt on, he destroyed the flames player. You can certainly tell this is a Peter Russell’s team, be there for each other, answer the bell when needed, and play the 60 mins and good things will happen. Our p/p certainly needs looking at but that will come, I really like the look of our team, would still like and hope to sign a detterent for our smaller lads, although they are only slight in stature only. If I get to see many more games like last night I will be well pleased, certainly had my moneys worth yesterday, great to see Ritchie back and hopefully the other lads return soon, and Harewood certainly looks a good prospect.

Swarley

Our p/p certainly needs looking at but that will come.
Honestly the p/p even though ineffective was refreshing to see them change tactics on the fly instead of sticking with plan A constantly but like you said it'll come eventually and when it does it'll open the flood gates for the team.

bb1

Great performance. We have a few guys who are absolute beasts in Brandt, Pietroniro, Rymsha and Donaghey. Chad had an absolutely incredible game last night and brought the energy.

I have to say I was more impressed with the Flames than both Giants and Steelers.

Wannabe2

Great performance. We have a few guys who are absolute beasts in Brandt, Pietroniro, Rymsha and Donaghey. Chad had an absolutely incredible game last night and brought the energy.

I have to say I was more impressed with the Flames than both Giants and Steelers.
With you 100%, flame fans will have a very entertaining season for sure, and we will have a belter it’s great to have that good feel factor back. Enjoy the trip guys it’s going to be a ride back down memory lane, also how good was that atmosphere last night I loved it.

I agree - I also thought that the Flames were much more impressive than both the Steelers and Giants last night on their travels here. Sanford was again clinical and played great as did Rymsha and Donaghey - though, Chad (not just for the fight itself) was excellent last night every shift and deserved the man of the match. I sit right above the bench and have to say this team/management looks extremely focussed. Batch had his best game in ages and that Crawford>Ully>Crandall goal was sweet!!