Devils Vs Flames - 01 Jan 19 - League

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1

In an attempt to usurp the Blaze as the team we are always playing, we go again against the Flames on New Years Day. Don’t forget the game has the earlier face off time of 4pm

Foxy

It will be interesting to see if there are season ticket holder seats empty. Havn't seen the offer of the buy back for this game,

OJLloyd

Just in case anyone gets a chance to read this before leaving - the car Park is closed. I’d get down nice and early if I were you

Hedd Wyn John

Solid win there for the Devils tonight, I think we probably should have scored an extra goal or two judging by how much puck we had and SOGs but the guys showed a lot of resilience to hold off the Guildford come back got the result in right circumstances. Well done Devils.

BostonBart22

Good win against a very speedy flames side, got a bit nervous when they drew level but we battled well in the last 5 0r 6 mins but got what we deserved, thought bowns was on top of his game tonight as well, just rest those tired limbs now and go again next saturday v storm...

Foxy

Much improved all round performance from everyone. Slight lapse allowing them to draw level but we deserved that win. We do miss Haddad out there so hopefully whatever is wrong gets fixed quickly.

I think Guilford are now my favourite rivallry. Hugely entertaining.

august04

Much improved all round performance from everyone. Slight lapse allowing them to draw level but we deserved that win. We do miss Haddad out there so hopefully whatever is wrong gets fixed quickly.

I think Guilford are now my favourite rivallry. Hugely entertaining.
The rivalry with Guildford has developed nicely this past 2 seasons. They’re always tough games, and very entertaining. Tonight’s was no exception to that, a really hard fought win against a good team.

jimmy snels

thought we dominated the first period. 2nd we became sloppy and effort level noticeably dropped imho after our 2nd goal. we cant just switch off like that.
induviduals wise i thought that linglet dixon hedden and martin were again our stand outs. pope had a mare tonight if im honest and wasnt suprised to see him moved from playing on the martin/benti line. bowns made some really important saves tonight. good work! Our D had a good night and Dreeeeew really looks tidy in all scenarios.
the one individual i could have killed was the D.J. If the crowd are chanting/starting a chant just DO NOTHING. He killed around 7 or 8 chants tonight drowning it out with unnecessary music imo and it does very little to improve the atmosphere that was building. I got really frustrated with it.