Devils Vs COVENTRY - Boxing Day - 7:00 PM Chat / Updates

Skippy

Thread starter #1

Flee the Xmas left overs and wear your new socks.. Boxing Day Hockey is here !

Devils Web cast can be viewed here http://www.icetime.tv/

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

bb1

Happy Christmas to all!

Right tomorrow we need to step it up as this weekend is massive.

I'd like to see a hard hitting no nonsense Devils display tomorrow. Last 2 occasions Noble and Boris really took liberties...send out a clear message that it will NOT happen again.

We don't need to go picking fights every 2 mins just hit them and hit them clean and hard. Keep targeting guys like Noble and Valibik and we will draw penalties and create a huge gap in their D. With that we have a great chance to pepper Stewart who is arguably the best nettie in league by far.

Cmon guys lets give them bad memories of the BBT before we move home!

Sliput

Last time we played Coventry Boris and Noble were very quiet. Boris took dumb penalties and Noble was invisible. Unlike a lot of posters I don't necessarily think we have to be tough all the time. Just do enough to put Coventry off their game and let us score . As has been posted, Stewart is very very good goalie so we need to unsettle him.

Coventry are full of confidence at the moment so I think this game will be a tough one.

Will my regular texters confirm whether they are available for either of the games against Blaze.

Text me on MNL number.

Tied with family until late afternoon.

OJ

ASHIPP

Hope to see the Devils battling hard and first to everything tonight...that didn't happen in the Braehead game. Also hoping to see Stewart screened and blocked by a big Devils' presence in front of net. Got to get Stewart moving to find some space to score.

bb1

Last 2 games we played against blaze. Noble was very solid. Boris terrorised Lord in Skydome and played an aggressive game in BBT. He jumped on top of Kurka and tried to bully him then proceeded to pummel our top scorer. To say he was quiet is understatement. Hopefully we won't stand for that nonsense tonight!

We won't come out hard hitting and stamping our game on them, we'll just come out and play like we have all year and just wait for one of our skill guys to be attacked before we react to anything

Still 2 points is the most important thing tonight, we've had two poor losses so we need to get the ball rolling again with 2 points tonight and another two tomorrow while the steelers and panthers take points off each other

voth26

We need to go back to hard hitting, no nonesense, disciplined Devil style hockey. We have north american players who player tough. That has always been the Devils way, so let's get back to basics and have some fun while we batter the crap out of them, finish every hit and check, forecheck like hell. Stick Salters in front of the net and never mind about looking pretty on the pp, when the opportunity is on for a shot take the bloody shot, even if its not their turn!!

jimmy snels

Best 1st period of entertainment I've watched for a while. Kurka doucet martin line look very good. Great to see salters step up and say to boris your going, intrestingly don't think boris fancied it and salters effectively rag dolled him. We've made more hits this period than we have all month combined. I've heard people say players don't read forums but im pretty sure they do!!!!

Rich Best

Maybe all the negative doomsday 'fans' will shut up now we have won. Love this forum, but find some of the negativity really draining and think we all need to just keep on BELIEVING and trust in LORDO and the owners and stop bloody over-reacting to a loss or two.

We have a fantastic team this year. Goals can come from all angles. We have an outstanding goalie. We look solid in defence. We have heart and passion and great team spirit (again). We look likely to be top of the league going into 2016.

And all the comments over the months about Salters not stepping up.... well he has answered that tonight. Valabik looked TERRIFIED and clearly did not want to fight him. Salters is putting up decent numbers and with a fair wind will bring us 20+ goals this season. I am sure he is doing the job Lordo wants him to do.

Keep believing. This could just be our season. And it has been a long LONG time coming! Lets get behind the team at every opportunity, particularly when we are top of the league!!!

voth26

Going by MNL it sounds like a good solid performance by the Devils, took our chances well. And stepped up physically wise. Good to hear Salters was in the game, more the same tomorrow Devils please. Also good result for us with panthers losing tonight

jimmy snels

Most entertaining game I've watched this season. I don't care for this nonsense we cant voice our disapproval it was deserved with some rubbish performances. But i fear if you didn't enjoy that you need another sport! I was thoroughly entertained and the team played in a manner we thought they were capable of! Bollocks to this "tight road game" malarkey, play like that every game!!! We'd walk this league!
The team deserved criticism but they fully deserve a round of applause for tonight. My MOM was a toss up between morrisette salters and kurka.

ASHIPP

Results like that are achieved only one way ....by battling hard, chasing everything down and maintaining puck possession to create chances. Devils didn't capitalise on all their chances with some passes going astray on set pieces or being blocked ( in fairness Blaze defended some pps quite well) but refreshing to see our pp firing up again. Morissette's goal (no.6) was a beauty beating Stewart. Bownsey played with confidence..a couple of amazing saves.

Felt for Stewart. The guy can't do it on his own and was let down by players in front of him.

Tanaka continues to impress with his energy and disruptive style...can he play for the Devils next season please?

Expect it to be a very tough and tight game in Coventry tomorrow.

DevilDom

Very good performance. Please can we have that Devils team and that Leigh Salters every week?

We set the tone from the first puck drop and Salters in particular played a huge part in that. Valabek wanted nothing of that fight and he knew from that moment on he wasn't going to get away with roughing up our players all game. Exactly what was needed.

I liked the new lines too.

jimmy snels said:
My MOM was a toss up between morrisette salters and kurka.
Culligan for me, was involved in nearly everything and tremendous on and off the puck. Kurka a close second.

Agreed with you on the criticism though. Needs to be made to improve and as long as you praise when praise is deserved, I think that's fair.

ASHIPP said:
Results like that are achieved only one way ....by battling hard, chasing everything down and maintaining puck possession to create chances.

Tanaka continues to impress with his energy and disruptive style...can he play for the Devils next season please?

Expect it to be a very tough and tight game in Coventry tomorrow.
Your first statement is spot on. Whenever we sit back to absorb pressure and let teams play their game, we struggle to entertain and get results.

As for Tanaka, his energy and disruptive style, I'd never have him play for us. Not while we have our own scrappy doo in Zach Hervato. Lock that guy down to a five hear deal, more skill than Tanaka and bags of courage and heart.

Lines looked good, I really like Culli with Haddad and Lord.

Great result and performance. Same again tomorrow please.

Ocko

Superb performance. Immeasurably different from the past couple.

When we play with intensity we are on another level to most teams. Coventry couldn't cope with our pace and were out of ideas by midway. You'll always get shouts for better discipline but we play better when we are a little more loose with our physicality and edge. For the sake of a few PKs (which our special teams were outstanding at today) it's worth it to get the best out of this team.

A few shouts for MoM but no complaints it was Mo; could've been anyone of him, Kurka, Martin and also Culligan who I though had one of his best games in a Devils shirt.

That line of Martin, Doucet and Kurka, when in full flow, is incredible. Just too much pace and skill it's like watching mates play pond hockey at times.

Valabik was embarrassing. He wanted none of that fight and Salters gave him no choice, once he eventually finished backing off and they clinched he had no intention staying on his feet, then once down made no attempt to get up. It's not very often you'll see a heavyweight have no intention of getting back up in those situation. He's a fraud.

jenks33

Great win. I still dont think we played a 60 minute game but i was really impressed with the last 30 minutes. We played with the intensity that we showed for the majority of last season. As others have said i think Culligan and Kurka played very well.

How some of our fans can be critical of others for being negative is beyond me. Our desire has been questionable at times this season without a doubt. Our expectations should be very high these days and i think we're entitled to expect 100% effort every game.