Devils Vs Clan - League - 22nd Feb 23 - 19:30 FO

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils welcome the Clan to the bay on Wednesday night. We've played them a fair bit recently so should have a good handle on where they are at. I'm missing the game so it will probably be a good one.

moggy#9

It took a little time to get going, but the devils were showing some nice movement. A huge gulf between these two teams though. Nice fight, at least the camera caught on eventually.

Good period from Brandt. You can really see what it means to him to score. Pity the Camera work is so poor that it missed his check.

TL91

It took a little time to get going, but the devils were showing some nice movement. A huge gulf between these two teams though. Nice fight, at least the camera caught on eventually.

Good period from Brandt. You can really see what it means to him to score. Pity the Camera work is so poor that it missed his check.
I feel sometimes our own camerawork is poor but that first period was real bad from Viaplay. I guess being a smalller sport here the cameramen just aren’t as used to tracking the puck/play as they were for other sports.

moggy#9

Well that was a dreary period. Our pp is utterly awful. No movement and completely predictable. Clan are dreadful. We should be 6 or 7 up against a team like that.

jenks33

A win’s a win but dear me the last 40 was a tough watch. I’d have taken 5-1 at the start but 3-0 up in the first period against a woeful team we really made hard work of it. Certainly more questions than answers for a team that are still in the mix.Belfast would have stuck 10 on that Glasgow team tonight

At least the Steelers seem to be lacking in confidence more than us at the minute.

Last edited:

moggy#9

Utterly dreadful performance. Yet again lots of fancy passing around, but no end product. Also, up until his assist, I don't think that Reid did a thing tonight.

jenks33

Utterly dreadful performance. Yet again lots of fancy passing around, but no end product. Also, up until his assist, I don't think that Reid did a thing tonight.
Reid, Crandall, Penny are still a problem. We’re too reliant on Cox, Martin, Sanford and Coughler is still finding his feet. If we are to win silverware this season we need more consistent offence from the first 3 names I mentioned.

ASHIPP

I heard someone say if they play like that against the Flames on Sunday, Devils will get hammered.
Against a poor Clan team tonight but you can only play what's in front of you. Two valuable points nevertheless.
Now it's time to do real damage against the rivals fighting for a top spot. Its a crucial game. All that puck retention and recycling has to be converted into real chances on Sunday.