Devils Vs Clan - 14 Dec 18 - CC 1/4 Final

Gospel

Terrible result tonight but not really unexpected given our recent performances.

This squad of players was put together to play one way, the euro type hockey with speed skill but sadly that skill has been about 8 steps below where it was at the start of season and where we need to be. On paper this squad has fantastic players, sadly the game is played on the ice not paper.

Some players performances have been dreadful since we’ve been out of europe & we havent been able to change the way we play due to how the squad was set up from the outset so we have to keep plugging away trying to play skillful hockey but failing badly.

Slartibartfast

To have a team with this much talent playing way below their ability tells me something is wrong. I suspect some players are not getting along with each other and one or two are possibly sulking about something. (hockey players can be divas sometimes)
If that is this case it does not bode well for the season. You don't win the league with an unhappy locker room.
I was saying this was the best team ever only a few months ago. I was so excited for the season. Now I just feel stunned.

Diablo3

Not sure what to say after watching that... Ulmer was great as was Haddad but there it ends. Second to the puck, second in the chase. Won't stop me going, but expectations are a little lower now.

It is the complete turn around in form that I find so strange. Literally from superb hockey one day, to looking like we had only just met in the next game; it has been so inconsistent from that point. No idea of the cause and can't begin to speculate as to why, but we really need to get our acts together asap.

kingmo19.1

Like I said in another thread, I have heard previously from a very reliable person that there is unrest. I won’t repeat the full dialogue I have heard, but things need to be ‘resolved’.

I understand the ball is in Mr Kelman’s court!

Last edited:

bb1

Starting to be a reoccurring theme here......

Just watched Lords interview and he is brutal in saying he's disgusted in how guys aren't showing up and that he made some errors.

I have to say he's right it is disgusting these guys can't be bothered because some of them are taking our club for a complete ride......

I have to blame Lord as he is the one who has let them get away with it for the last half a dozen games at home. He has the power to sort it out but the same guys just aren't getting the message.

It's costing the club money and tonight the club is set to lose a huge amount of money from there not being a semi final game. Plus the lack of atmosphere is shocking. Now we have lost Faryna there is nobody to change a game and get the crowd on their feet......it will result in dwindling attendances game after game.

Where is our forecheck.......only Dixon, mosey and Reddick seem to throw a hit. I'm going to be brutal here but Mo is now no use to us out there. Pope and Hedden who should be 2 of our stars just seem disinterested most games. As far as I'm concerned they may as well stay back in their apartments. I'd give more ice time to Duggan, Myers and Rutkis who actually seem to give a sh#t!

Like I said in another thread, I have heard previously from a very reliable person that there is unrest. I won’t repeat the full dialogue I have heard, but things need to be ‘resolved’.

I understand the ball is in Mr Kelman’s court!
Is this in addition to Faryna being restrained from Lord twice and his hand injury coming as a result of that? And his wife falling out with the other WAGs?

OJLloyd

Didn’t get to watch tonight, but as we’re talking form -

This does mirror (to a lesser extent) what happened to Nottingham last year. A team of very good players who struggle to get up for games that aren’t as ‘big’ as the CHL games.

I also think that perhaps we are missing a big character, having lost both Blood and Faryna.

Bownsy is in a bad place. I’m not sure what’s going on, but in so many recent games his glove side has been weak, and he’s conceded so many blue line goals it’s like he can’t see them coming.

But, without being happy clappy, form is temporary. We have seen the class of these players, and we know what they can do.

Yes we need a signing, and a big character signing, a leader would be great.

I don’t think Lordo has lost the room, and I don’t think we need to panic. We need a boost, and hopefully we’ll get one soon.

What we can’t do, not just as fans but as decent people, is personally attack players. It is not acceptable, regardless of whether or not we feel angry or upset.

OJLloyd

Is this in addition to Faryna being restrained from Lord twice and his hand injury coming as a result of that? And his wife falling out with the other WAGs?
This would be disappointing if it is the case, but something that happens. Players fall out with coaches all the time, and I’d be very disappointed if we didn’t at least try to sort it before it came to this.

Obviously we don’t know why he was angry with Lordo (you might, if so please enlighten) but even though he has left we still need to deal with the underlying issue.

jimmy snels

if Lord genuinely believes people couldnt be arsed to play just gas one. make a big decision and send one packing. will send a message to the rest. i think some are playing like their on a jolly and without a doubt we are devoid of any real characters (which as i said months ago was a huge fear i had when the squad was announced as complete).
id also like to see some of the people who work their arses off rewarded with more ice time. if someone is playing like shit just put moore for example up the lines and dump said player on 4th. we seem to be doing the same things and crazily expect a different result. thats insane

zoesdevil

if Lord genuinely believes people couldnt be arsed to play just gas one. make a big decision and send one packing. will send a message to the rest. i think some are playing like their on a jolly and without a doubt we are devoid of any real characters (which as i said months ago was a huge fear i had when the squad was announced as complete).
id also like to see some of the people who work their arses off rewarded with more ice time. if someone is playing like shit just put moore for example up the lines and dump said player on 4th. we seem to be doing the same things and crazily expect a different result. thats insane
I'm a little disappointed with a certain player currently, as at the start of season & CHL he looked he'd score every game, but then since he's gone off the boil, he's put up big numbers in some great leagues. Perhaps it's a confidence thing, but when he scored last week or whenever it was I expected him to kick on from there. I'd love to see him kick on as he looked a quality signing at start. Obviously I'm not singling him out, just that I was hoping to get more goals so far.

Last edited:

bb1

I'm a little disappointed with a certain player currently, as at the start of season & CHL he looked he'd score every game, but then since he's gone off the boil, he's put up big numbers in some great leagues. Perhaps it's a confidence thing, but when he scored last week or whenever it was I expected him to kick on from there. I'd love to see him kick on as he looked a quality signing at start. Obviously I'm not singling him out, just that I was hoping to get more goals so far.
I guess your talking about Hedden......You right. He looked unplayable at the start of the year and now he looks completely disinterested.

I don't know why people won't mention players names on here, it's a forum......its not personal it's purely performance related in an entertainment orientated business. Throughout their careers many of these hockey guys get the fame, parties, girls etc... and with that they have to take some flack. If people including the players can't take criticism then quite simply.....DO NOT read any forums or social media.

Hockeymad

I have said this for a while and to many people tell me I know nothing this devils team is great blah blah blah,

We are simply not great and it’s only down to a few players week in week out we are getting the victory’s. At least 2/3 players are not good enough for us no more it’s simple as that.

But you know what,
these players can do what they want when they want because lord won’t do jack shit.

He’s to soft and he ain’t got the balls to release players never have.

Lord says he will work this and that out but where mid December now and we still got the same problems from October?

What makes it worse is we picked clan thinking we was going to beat them,

How that back fired hey?

We ain’t winning shit

Last edited: