Devils Vs Braehead Clan - Sat 30 Sept 2017 - League - Chat/Updates

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1

Clan make a visit to the Bay this Saturday. Hopefully the Devils can carry build on their win away at Dundee and get a run going. Jan Schmejkal has the pea for the game. MNL should be up and running for this game, and there will as always be a feed from IceTimeTV. If you're still unsure about if to make the trip to the bay, here's the Devils 10 reasons http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/10-reasons-get-devils-game-saturday1/

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Very tough game for the Devils against a team starting to get it together, these are the games we need to win. Hopefully after wednesdays result, we are now back on track and can start playing like we can, so come lads, let's do this.

ASHIPP

Clan are playing 3 imports short...because they havn't signed them yet! They were missing Brace through injury recently and Poultney, their top player only arrived last week. But under their new coach
they are winning games, including 5-3 win over the Panthers.

Some young, fast players on this team who have built chemistry already. And a solid goalie in Nye. Clan definitely not to be underestimated.

Hello,
I am visiting Wales next weekend for a holiday with my girlfriend and thought it would be interesting to watch a Cardiff match as we both like Hockey. I attempted to buy some tickets for the Belfast game next weekend but have accidentally bought two tickets for tonights game.

I have rang the ticket office who are saying there is nothing they can do in regards to transferring the tickets or refunding to allow me to re-buy the correct tickets. they have pointed me in the direction of this forum and advised I advertise on here.

is anyone wanting two tickets for tonights game in block 11.

thanks in advance.

W

WantsaBeard

Clan are playing 3 imports short...because they havn't signed them yet! They were missing Brace through injury recently and Poultney, their top player only arrived last week. But under their new coach
they are winning games, including 5-3 win over the Panthers.

Some young, fast players on this team who have built chemistry already. And a solid goalie in Nye. Clan definitely not to be underestimated.
Clan are short 2 players, Brace played last weekend and the weekend before and Potulny has now been here for just over a week, had several sessions on ice and 2 competitive games under his belt

Jury’s out on the predictions for the next few weeks, consistently inconsistent, l don’t know if Lord is a genius at pulling teams around or just plan old lucky to have had players with enough pride to pull it back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Credit where it's due the last two games devils have been really good and proved a lot of people wrong..
let's hope we have turned that corner now :)

Good result, certainly deserved the win, although let’s not forget it was against a side that still isn’t a full squad despite their recent performances.

jenks33

Great character shown in the last two games after last Sunday's hammering. To be honest I thought we were slightly lucky to be 3-0 up after two periods but I thought we were outstanding in the third. I thought Ulmer, Reddick and Morissette had arguably their best games of the season so far...How haven't Clan finalised their roster yet? Is there a reason? It's crazy that it's nearly October and they still have a couple of slots to fill

kristian

Good result, certainly deserved the win, although let’s not forget it was against a side that still isn’t a full squad despite their recent performances.

And a depleted Devils squad also.

Talk about glass half empty[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Great character shown in the last two games after last Sunday's hammering. To be honest I thought we were slightly lucky to be 3-0 up after two periods but I thought we were outstanding in the third. I thought Ulmer, Reddick and Morissette had arguably their best games of the season so far...How haven't Clan finalised their roster yet? Is there a reason? It's crazy that it's nearly October and they still have a couple of slots to fill

The Clan took so long to appoint a replacement coach after Finnerty that player recruitment has taken a while. Up to 2 weeks ago they were playing 4 imports short - 1 injured, 3 vacancies to fill.

jenks33

Tripp was appointed head coach on the 30th of May. It baffles me how he still hasn't finalised a roster. He's had more time than Lordo had in his first season

august04

Devils have tightened things up considerably at the back end since last weekends fiasco, and should be applauded for that. A solid all round effort tonight. They might be short on numbers (no-one to blame except themselves for that) but that’s a pretty poor Clan team.

Foxy

Much better performance tonight. Not perfect but vastly improved on last weekend.

Wasnt overly impressed by Braehead. I know they're shorthanded but dont know how they managed to beat Nottingham last weekend.

Special mention to the ref and linos. Best officiating ive seen all season.

Good and solid win by Devils. Much deserved shutout score live. Didn’t see a league winning team quite yet due to the poorness of the Clan but far improved from last week. Found the first a bit shonky but the Devils got better as the game progressed. Happy with that performance overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk