Devils Vs Braehead Clan - Friday 2nd March - Chat /Updates

Re: Devils Vs Braehead Clan - Friday 2nd March - Chat /Updat

the placid casual said:
Simmsy couldn't even get the name of the Sheffield arena right, he called it the Motorhead arena and not the Motorpoint arena :lol:
That Simmsey hes a card isnt he....... :DWD :DWD :DWD

Sorry had to do it .....

The first 20 minutes were amazing! If only we could play like that all the time. The Clan fought back but our defence were brilliant to keep them back.

I didn't like the replays Hanson used, I mean I guess it would have gone into overtime because both goals would have been allowed, not just the one. But it's not fair on any other game that isn't live on TV. Either have replays at every game or none at all.

Good to get two points, will be better to see another 2 points come our way tonight as well!

please help ,i cannot find ,mnl ,re listing from friday. can i see o j s text, or not, help as i was looking at sky , cannot find link on inferno ,

Wannabe2

helloimclaire said:
The first 20 minutes were amazing! If only we could play like that all the time. The Clan fought back but our defence were brilliant to keep them back.

I didn't like the replays Hanson used, I mean I guess it would have gone into overtime because both goals would have been allowed, not just the one. But it's not fair on any other game that isn't live on TV. Either have replays at every game or none at all.

Good to get two points, will be better to see another 2 points come our way tonight as well!
Couldnt believe they used video replay, as has already been said either use it all the time or never, they cant use it everytime as not all clubs are up to speed with there camerawork, its just another farce by the mickey mouse powers to be. So only 6 games will be decided by video replay, 8 at the most, what a complete farce.

Wannabe2 said:
helloimclaire said:

Couldnt believe they used video replay, as has already been said either use it all the time or never, they cant use it everytime as not all clubs are up to speed with there camerawork, its just another farce by the mickey mouse powers to be. So only 6 games will be decided by video replay, 8 at the most, what a complete farce.
Why not use the video replay though if it is available? I personally don't see it as a farce at all and in fact quite the opposite. It is like Wimbledon isn't it, they only use hawkeye for the courts that have it

TheStub

Re: Re: Devils Vs Braehead Clan - Friday 2nd March - Chat /U

freddieb said:
Wannabe2 said:
helloimclaire said:

Why not use the video replay though if it is available? I personally don't see it as a farce at all and in fact quite the opposite. It is like Wimbledon isn't it, they only use hawkeye for the courts that have it
It's a farce because it should be all or nothing.

Last season the league title could have swung on one call. A single disallowed or allowed goal may have made the difference between us having an OT loss or a regulation win. It shouldn't be down to the luck of it being a Sky game.

You can argue that the video review opened a 4 point gap in our favour. Even knowing that I still don't think it should have been used.

Diafol

osh said:
How Sky let themselves down!!!!

Just turned on to watch the programme, what do we get?

A smiling girl presenter, our own Brent and of course Mr Simms, but have Sky actually forgotten the tragedy that has hit Todd Dutiaume and his family this week?? Surely the programme should have opened with the appropriate condolences from Sky, EIHL and all the clubs who have expressed their thoughts in so many ways. No doubt it will be mentioned later in the programme, however, I feel it should have been the first thing mentioned tonight and is a PR blunder by Sky. Rant over.
I was out on Friday night - just watching the programme now, Dave Simms did talk about it before the (impeccably observed) minute's silence.

It is the same in regional rugby I believe, county cricket and as already mentioned Wimbledon. The camera's are only available at the televised games, so video reviews only take place at those games.

To call the league a joke because of it is harsh, as nearly all sports that use video reviews are in the exact same situation.

Wannabe2 said:
We are always at our most critical when referees make bad / incorrect decisions.
Surely then the more games that are completed without incorrect decisions the better. The more games that can have technology to assist in getting correct decisions the better. If all games had this ..fantastic. If 3/4 of matches had it ...good. If only a handful of games can be helped in this way....then it's better than nothing !

Paul Sullivan

schulersagoodun said:
Wannabe2 said:
Couldnt believe they used video replay, as has already been said either use it all the time or never, they cant use it everytime as not all clubs are up to speed with there camerawork, its just another farce by the mickey mouse powers to be. So only 6 games will be decided by video replay, 8 at the most, what a complete farce.[/quote ]

We are always at our most critical when referees make bad / incorrect decisions.
Surely then the more games that are completed without incorrect decisions the better. The more games that can have technology to assist in getting correct decisions the better. If all games had this ..fantastic. If 3/4 of matches had it ...good. If only a handful of games can be helped in this way....then it's better than nothing !
Totally agree. We are actually not allowed to replay any incident / goal decision that has had a penalty on the play or goal allowed / disallowed that is contentious. Only Cardiff has this rule imposed..... because only we have the ability to do so. It's odd to be restricted due to being more advanced / accurate :roll:

Conversely though you will very often see a Stripey in the booth with us asking to review the clip after the period ends. We try as much as we can to help the officials with the cameras and video. Shame we couldn't do it in a 'live' environment and change the course of the game with video evidence where possible.

Can't we just put a screen above the timekeepers facing the ice.
Have a replay on loop, just in case? ;)

Earnie

I am all for use of video if it is available.

If SKY has the kit on game night - use it.

If Cardiff have it all the time - then use it if there is a dispute or a hard decision to make. Others will eventually catch on and upgrade until eventually we all have it.

With our system the replays would be controlled by 'the club'. If one angle benefitted the Devils, the off ice staff could ensure that is the one the ref sees.

This isn't a dig at our off ice staff's integrity at all, but it is something the league would have to consider.

Paul Sullivan

It's a fair point but it's actually moot really. Two reasons:

1) If the ref wants to see the replay and it's from the main (manned) cam they simply have to see it themselves and not take a smile and a 'sorry guv we didn't get it' from me and Monsieur Hubback :D

2) Our fixed cameras are just that - fixed. So once the ref knows what area is covered he will know what we can or can't show - for both teams.

Fact is the vast majority of contentious issues are impossible for our great cameraman Howard to get as his vantage point is, well, awful and most incidents of this nature (from experience) that warrant reviewing are after the play. Hits for example very often come just after the puck has left or in a blind spot. But we could often assist in goal situations at both ends.