Devils Vs Blaze - Sunday Nov 25th - 6:00 pm Chat / Updates

Rempel16

Re: Devils Vs Blaze - Sunday Nov 25th - 6:00 pm Chat / Updat

The anticipation of this game reminds me of the season with the Steelers rivalry following Voth's ban after going after Dagenais.

Shame Andrew Sharp isn't involved somewhere, although Olson is near enough the same ability on the ice.

Those Sheffield games that season were tense, tough, feisty affairs for the entire 60 mins and i hope that this new rivalry with the Blaze lives up to those standards.

Come Monday this place will either be in "riot" mode or "meh what a borefest" :twisted:

After the last game, we not only lost at home but we were then crapped on from a great height by the league!
I think the Devils will feel they need to make some sort of statement. At the very least they will go at the Blaze 150% in the first 10 minutes or so. What happens after that will depend on who scores first.
If the Blaze score first, it could get ill tempered, big hits etc or if we score first, it may end up being a little more sedate.
Can't see it ever being boring though. The fans will help see to that too by creating a great atmosphere and getting behind the team! :Banana

Sliput

I want a hard hitting game where fights happen ONLY if really warranted. I would much rather we have the two points at the end game than have to worry about suspensions.

As much as some of our fans want Biz to fight with Olson, i want him on the ice, helping the team to a win. Coventry know that if Biz and Olson fight we will miss him far more on the ice than they will miss Olson.

jimmy snels

Lets be honest.... if a devil beats the crap out of Olson we'll be happy! If we win we'll be pleased & if we do both we'll be overjoyed! :twisted:

Gazza272

No messing about! Biz - Olson drop them from the face off and get it out of the way. The tent will be rocking and then lets go for the juggular.

If olson is kept quiet its going to put a downer on the entire Blaze bench.

wildthing74

Gazza272 said:
No messing about! Biz - Olson drop them from the face off and get it out of the way. The tent will be rocking and then lets go for the juggular.

If olson is kept quiet its going to put a downer on the entire Blaze bench.
Absolutely agree. I'm not one for dropping them from face off as they tend to be 2 guys hugging and trying not to lose but everybody knows this is going to happen so put him on his backside straight away and then the rest of them will know they are in for a different night this time.

Sliput

jester said:
After redaing DD's blog it sounds like it could all go a bit pear shaped
I am hoping his blog is right as i want to win the game....everything else (to me) is immaterial.

What do you mean by pear shaped ? Good or bad ?

It's only Friday lunchtime and there's three pages on this game already and we have not played Nottingham yet! Lets guess how many security people will be at the game and by the benches?

Olson v Bisonnette will be a good one. The only thing I would say though, is the aftermath will damage Devils more. No contest who's a better player between Olson and Bisonnette. Losing him for 5/10 minutes will be tough for you guys, while it will be no real issue for Blaze if Olson was to sit the pen. Hope the games good and heated, but really don't want it to reach the circus level it did in our last meeting.

Tad# said:
while it will be no real issue for Blaze if Olson was to sit the pen.
To be fair they have had enough practice of playing whilst he is in the Bin. Isn't it standing at around 300 minutes already, 100 clear of Deeds

StevenBletsoe said:
Tad# said:
To be fair they have had enough practice of playing whilst he is in the Bin. Isn't it standing at around 300 minutes already, 100 clear of Deeds
Don't think (and hoping), it will the same now. Olson's lead has been tightened lately. Panthers were trying it on all game on Sunday. He just walked away. He only fought Hand (Hull) cause he was forced to. Which is what I was saying earlier. If Bisonnette wants to fight him, it might mean he'll be the one starting it - another words, Bisonnette might get a 10+5 pen.

Gazza272

Tad# said:
StevenBletsoe said:
Tad# said:
Don't think (and hoping), it will the same now. Olson's lead has been tightened lately. Panthers were trying it on all game on Sunday. He just walked away. He only fought Hand (Hull) cause he was forced to. Which is what I was saying earlier. If Bisonnette wants to fight him, it might mean he'll be the one starting it - another words, Bisonnette might get a 10+5 pen.

There is no chance Olson is going to turn down having the chance to have Biz on his fight card.

Without his fight Card Olsons worth lowers. And he knows it.

I also dont think 5 minutes is a terrible amount of time to be without Biz, the lift the crowd will give the players if Biz hands Olsons arse to him will be worth it.

osh

Lets not forget that Olson has fought some decent scrappers in the past, it might not go the way we want it to you know ! :eek: But bring it on eh? ;)

Gazza272 said:
There is no chance Olson is going to turn down having the chance to have Biz on his fight card.
Agree. There is no doubt Olson will be keen to drop them if Thommo thinks it is the right time. I'd say there would be more reluctance on the side of Bissonnette to fight someone who is a pretty decent scrapper in a tin-pot league, over an incident that happened when he had never even heard of the Cardiff Devils.

Ocko

For all those saying to only fight when needed; isnt it needed now after last the last game? Cheap shot to Max, one of their tough guys taking on Franny, all the bans etc. Why is it not needed asap? They walked over us physically and got the win, why wait until the 3rd period when they could potentially be ahead in the game to send a message. We all know G isnt the sort of coach to send someone out to change a game or to stop us being bullied later on in the game so the message needs to get out early. And this whole Biz is needed on the ice business doesnt stand either in my mind, 5 minutes off the ice is a small price to pay for a whole games worth of intimidation. It is only 5 minutes, so in essence will only be a handful of shifts.

Also this game has to be entertaining and probably needs some fights, remember all the 'bad' publicity about the last games events. Well there is no such thing as bad publicity and I expect we will see the biggest crowd of the season I just hope we dont disappoint as we have a habit of building a game up to fall flat on our face. This could be good business for the organisation if played right.

Gazza272

J.B said:
Agree. There is no doubt Olson will be keen to drop them if Thommo thinks it is the right time. I'd say there would be more reluctance on the side of Bissonnette to fight someone who is a pretty decent scrapper in a tin-pot league, over an incident that happened when he had never even heard of the Cardiff Devils.

There was no reluctunce from Biz to give Sandrock a slap last week.

So I cant see why there would be this week. Biz has fought people far tougher than Olson.

Wannabe2

I think if Olson takes any liberties with any Devils player, or gives Bisso reason to go then i think he will. Its probably very difficult for a fighter not to go in the heat of the moment. Jesus remember Waresys eyes, now they were scary, Bisso is far more important than Olson on the ice, and remember Deeds wont back down to him either. My preference however would be Bisso v Olson, Deeds v Egener, Adams v Guidice, Batch v Cameron,and Quiney v Smith. Then in the 2nd period. :lol: :lol: :lol: