Devils Vs Blaze - Sat, 31, Oct, 2015 - Challenge Cup

Skippy

Thread starter #1

Saturday see's the Devils take on the Blaze in the Challenge Cup, the Devils need a win to secure a better position while the Blaze will be looking for the win to stay in the competition.

Devils will have a web cast at the usual location of http://www.icetime.tv/

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

BostonBart22

as good as will is i cant see him playing from the start, blaze will be on a ,high after last weekend and now europe is out of the way blaze will be up for cup and league honours from tomorrow, ok if devils get a good lead after 2 periods then give will a start 3rd period.

DevilDom

Hoping for a big performance in front of a packed crowd on Saturday.

I just hope some of the off-ice gimmicks planned don't overshadow the hockey. If the team do it on the ice there will be no need for Todd's gimmicks to get the crowd going.

Devil94

Could well be a decision by Bowns. Will want him to be at his best on Sunday, so he might either want the game time, or a rest. I have no problems at all with Will starting, best back up in the league by far.

Looking forward to see what Todd has up his sleeve for the atmosphere. Possibility of it being a quiet game, with not wanting any injuries or suspensions having already qualified. Although Noble is playing...

DevilDom

Devil94 said:
Looking forward to see what Todd has up his sleeve for the atmosphere. Possibility of it being a quiet game, with not wanting any injuries or suspensions having already qualified. Although Noble is playing...
We might have already qualified however final position in the group is important to gain a potentially easier quarter final opponent. If we finish 3rd or 4th in the group its likely we will play either Braehead or Belfast in the quarters. If we finish 2nd its likely to be Dundee or Fife. Add in the fact we could contribute to Blaze not qualifying I don't think we should treat it any different to any other home game.

ASHIPP

Very important game to determine where the Devils finish in the group table going into the next round. They want the best possible draw in the quarters.

Would expect Lord and the Team to prepare and treat this like the important game it is....including playing Bownsey who will benefit from being in the zone already when they go to Sheffield.

Unfortunately at this moment in time there will be NO MNL coverage of this game as we haven't got a single texter. I am reluctant to use those texters who are travelling to Sheffield on Sunday as its too unrealistic to expect the few to carry the texting duties unassisted

I would like to apologise to those Devils fans living some distance from Cardiff that rely on MNL for news of their Devils. I should add that some of these "away" fans help us out regularly when they attend Devils games near to where they live.

OJ

Nott Simpson said:
I would like to apologise to those Devils fans living some distance from Cardiff that rely on MNL for news of their Devils. I should add that some of these "away" fans help us out regularly when they attend Devils games near to where they live.

OJ
I wouldn't mind stepping in and keeping the MNL guys updated via texts...?

douchen91 said:
Nott Simpson said:

OJ
I wouldn't mind stepping in and keeping the MNL guys updated via texts...?
I normally do it, but I've just had shoulder surgery so not functioning very well. It's easy to do and you are putting something back into the inferno

Text me on 07527 625206 as Tony, my injured texter says, its easy and contributes greatly to those fans unable for whatever reason cannot make the games.

I an still looking for texters for tonights game.

august04

I'd like to see that Noble hit again, looked nasty at the time. Good on Walton for taking him on, not being a particularly renowned fighter. I would have happily then taken a third man in penalty when he was unloading on Walton, if it meant someone taking the cheap shotting punk apart. I suspect Noble may miss a few games when DOPS review the match penalty. Coventry certainly looked better than their last visit to the BBT but a decent win. The Haddad- Doucet-Salters line looked dangerous in the first period and I'd like to see more of that combination in the coming weeks.
Cameron Hughes was terrific too!

Noble, Jesus Christ what a clown, one of those times a match penalty is really frustrating, would have like to have seen him back on the ice to face up to hendrikx/Salters/marsh/batch, also what happened with Martin?

Alright game, another win, still abit flat and disjointed in places but the wins keep coming

osh

Anyone looking at the scoresheet would have thought this was an exciting game, nothing could be further from the truth. Noble took out Hotham with a clipping penalty ( I thought it was a bad foul, more like a submarine hit with intent to injure for sure ) fair play to Walton, he was nearest Devil player and immediately went for Noble. Walton gets a cut but has a 5 min penalty anyway. Noble gets a 5+5+ match ( I think) Martin stupidly throws a water bottle at him when he has left the ice and gets a game pen !! crazy.
As for the game, it was poor all round, our guys looked as if they'd just met each other for the first time today. Haddad was his usual all energy and the only player making decent hits., and he scored a lovely goal too. Blaze were down on numbers and not only did they lose Noble, but also Herbacik (sp) wasn't to be seen in the 3rd period, but we kept on giving stupid pens away and letting them back into the game. I'll take the win, but if they play like that tomorrow night, we could have a repeat of the 8-1 drubbing we experienced earlier this season.

Sheincar

Angusdevil7 said:
Noble, Jesus Christ what a clown, one of those times a match penalty is really frustrating, would have like to have seen him back on the ice to face up to hendrikx/Salters/marsh/batch, also what happened with Martin?

Alright game, another win, still abit flat and disjointed in places but the wins keep coming
Martin threw something at Noble from the bench as he walked to the dressing room.