Devils Vs Blaze - Pre-Season - 29th August- Chat / Updates

Wannabe2

Re: Devils Vs Blaze - Pre-Season - 29th August- Chat / Updat

Jake was cross checked head first into the boards by Noble seconds previous to Lord coming in, you have a fighter mixing it with a goal scorer, Lord done exactly what a good player coach should do, he went in to protect his skilled guys, love it, God was he fuming or what.

Welshy74

voth26 said:
Tiny Jm, nor wearing rose tinted specs at all, from where I sit it looked like Hudson was jumped. I'm happy to be corrected by those who had a better view ;), as for Lords continuing to punch Noble he got what he deserved for continuing to cross check Jake who was down on the back of the net and couldn't get up because of Nobles actions. Interesting that assuming your a Devils fan you seem to find fault with the actions of the Devils but seem fine with the actions of Lawrence and Noble??
I think its more the case of that we cant jump all over Lawrence for doing what he did when we did something similar. Yes Lawrence should have stopped as Hudson clearly could not defend himself. (The Lino's were'nt going to do it). Was'nt Hendo punching Noble while he was down also and after that he lost the plot????? Couldnt really see the Mo/Noble incident. Maybe after the referee's look at footage after the weekends games they get told to react quicker!!!!

Wannabe2

Lawrence slew footed Hotham earlier, with another cheap move, Hotham laid into Lino 15 big time for bottling it and not stopping the Hudson incident earlier.

Welshy74

Wannabe2 said:
Lawrence slew footed Hotham earlier, with another cheap move, Hotham laid into Lino 15 big time for bottling it and not stopping the Hudson incident earlier.
Maybe they will react a bit quicker when someone gets seriously hurt or it kicks off big style!!!

Mooney#16

Now in no way do I condone Lawrence continuing to throw but spare me the witch hunt a little. Two willing guys got into a scrap. Hudson lost as he failed to tie up Lawrence right arm and he got free and started tagging him. Enough got through to cut him and he went down. If any player ever thinks they are in trouble in a fight then they have to turtle and protect themselves. Hudson bite of a bit more than he could chew and he got caught. He is also responsible for his own well being along with Lawrence. As for Sam and Rosie. Hey they are mates and yeah I can tell them they were a little slow going in but let's not beat around the bush here Lawrence was still throwing and their job isn't to take one themselves but to stop the fight if possible in a safe manner. To themselves and the players. Charging in also has its issues usually around blown knee ligaments so you can't always have it both ways.

To me Lawrence kept throwing which was a bit cheap. Hudson didn't defend himself with a lot of rink craft. 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other.

I can't watch the highlights, is it my PC or is there something wrong ?
please can someone post a watchable link.
Many thanks

voth26

Mooney#16 who's Sam and Rosie??, I take some of your points but disagree about refs/links jumping in. To me as soon as a player hits the ice if the fight doesn't stop even if both players going at it the ref or lino should step in, once they put the stripes on then they are in the game and whilst not wanting to see any stripes clouted unfortunately if it happens it comes with the stripes of the job.

Salters ban kept as 1 match and the way DOPS have described it they make it sound like it was a completely unprovoked attack on Noble. Unfortunately I'm not surprised with DOPS history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry wrong link that should have been on the Sunday nights link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welshy74 said:
voth26 said:
Tiny Jm, nor wearing rose tinted specs at all, from where I sit it looked like Hudson was jumped. I'm happy to be corrected by those who had a better view ;), as for Lords continuing to punch Noble he got what he deserved for continuing to cross check Jake who was down on the back of the net and couldn't get up because of Nobles actions. Interesting that assuming your a Devils fan you seem to find fault with the actions of the Devils but seem fine with the actions of Lawrence and Noble??
I think its more the case of that we cant jump all over Lawrence for doing what he did when we did something similar. Yes Lawrence should have stopped as Hudson clearly could not defend himself. (The Lino's were'nt going to do it). Was'nt Hendo punching Noble while he was down also and after that he lost the plot????? Couldnt really see the Mo/Noble incident. Maybe after the referee's look at footage after the weekends games they get told to react quicker!!!!
Voth26, I'm a blaze fan, should be able to of determined that from my previous posts. I never said I was fine with the actions of Lawrence, as Welshy points out I was simply saying you cant accept one incident as fine and deserved but the other as completely unacceptable when they are pretty.

voth26 said:
Really fried egg!!, noble tried fightng Jones who is not a fighter, then noble continued to cross check Mo even though Mo was stuck on the net, so noble got what he deserved. Lawrence jumped Hudson coming out of the box and didn't stop punching Hudson when he was on the ice, that makes him a disgrace of a player, given he did nothing in the game. Noble again caused the trouble by punching or sticking Salters from the bench, so now we may lose Salters for a game and that dipshit will probably end up with nothing :evil: :evil: .
Lawrence didn't jump Hudson though. From highlights it looks like Hudson goes for him.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

voth26 said:
Mooney#16 who's Sam and Rosie??, I take some of your points but disagree about refs/links jumping in. To me as soon as a player hits the ice if the fight doesn't stop even if both players going at it the ref or lino should step in, once they put the stripes on then they are in the game and whilst not wanting to see any stripes clouted unfortunately if it happens it comes with the stripes of the job.
Disagree. If player want to fight fair enough but the lino's are not bouncers and do not need to put themselves at risk to split players up. Especially for the shit compensation they get.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk