Devils Vs Blaze - Pre-Season - 29th August- Chat / Updates

Devil_Abroad

I'd rather not see us 'go for Lawrence'

The guys who needed to 'say something' will have done so last night

If Lawrence does the same tonight then that's a different matter.

Hudson showed his grit - the team made Lawrence and the lino aware of the issue. Move on

Let's have another all round performance tonight

If people thought our power play last season was the best - we now have 2 lines to put out plus spares! Yowzer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mazza03

Re: Devils Vs Blaze - Pre-Season - 29th August- Chat / Updat

Finny said:
Three games into the season and all our imports have already scored with the exception of Hendrikx who has instead already beaten the crap out of someone. Bowns has his first shutout whilst Wills has played a whole 60 mins and a win. Can't have asked anymore of the guys so far.
Well said Finny :Banana :Banana :Banana

Ocko

Devil_Abroad said:
I'd rather not see us 'go for Lawrence'

The guys who needed to 'say something' will have done so last night

If Lawrence does the same tonight then that's a different matter.

Hudson showed his grit - the team made Lawrence and the lino aware of the issue. Move on

Let's have another all round performance tonight

If people thought our power play last season was the best - we now have 2 lines to put out plus spares! Yowzer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry I disagree, maybe if it was a big league or cup game but these are the games you lay your markers down. I don't think for one second Lawrence will be bothered we made our point to lino. If it was a clean fight I'd agree but to continue punching him when he was on the deck and completely vulnerable (and to make a mess of his face like that), and then to act up after a player was hurt, completely breaks the code and needs sorting out. Nothing was said to him last night as he was thrown out.

Wannabe2

Lawrence landed 6 punches after Hudson went down, this needs sorting to me, his face was a mess time for retribution. I don't think the Devils will have a choice because I believe tonight the Blaze will be putting it about, and it will need sorting.

pjj365

osh said:
Like others have said, nice to get a decent win, albeit most goals scored against a stand in nettie.
Good to see our players gelling early season, 2 games last week certainly would have helped. Most of the team seem to be at good fitness levels also, so important going into a new season. Kurka is going to be a leader by example, he is the perfect team player for me. He can create so many chances for his team mates and his back handed pass for one of the goals last night was sublime. He also has deceptive strength for man of his stature. He times his hits against the boards perfectly as demonstrated last night. As for Francis, well, let's be fair here. His first game last night for a new team, he didn't show up too well so he did what he had to do, made a statement to his team mates and fought ( and won ) against a player who would normally not fight, especially only coming back from injury. It's ok talking about getting revenge on him tonight, but who exactly is supposed to do that ? Salters is the only one I see able to realistically go with him, and it's just not worth doing so in the last pre season friendly.
As long as all players chip away at him, like we did last night, it will put him off his game and there will be time enough in more meaningfull games as the season progresses for retribution. Tonight's game will be much tougher than last night, but I still see us able to get the win.

Retribution during the season risks loss of players to the bin and if bad enough suspension. If we need retribution other than an all consuming win at the same time as ignoring cowards then we only have today to put down a marker and not only to Blaze but the rest of the EIHL

Wannabe2 said:
Lawrence landed 6 punches after Hudson went down, this needs sorting to me, his face was a mess time for retribution. I don't think the Devils will have a choice because I believe tonight the Blaze will be putting it about, and it will need sorting.[/quote

Sounds like something Phil Mitchell would say on Eastenders :D

No way did Lawrence jump Hudson, and as for hitting Hudson when he was down was that any worse than Lord punching Noble when he was down or being held by the linos ? There are two teams out there guys, some people need to take off their rose tinted glasses.

voth26

Really fried egg!!, noble tried fightng Jones who is not a fighter, then noble continued to cross check Mo even though Mo was stuck on the net, so noble got what he deserved. Lawrence jumped Hudson coming out of the box and didn't stop punching Hudson when he was on the ice, that makes him a disgrace of a player, given he did nothing in the game. Noble again caused the trouble by punching or sticking Salters from the bench, so now we may lose Salters for a game and that dipshit will probably end up with nothing :evil: :evil: .

I'm waiting for the highlights to check out Fact from Fiction.
One Fact is for sure: Salters will not be playing against the Storm.

Come on Voth26 take those rose tinted specs off for a second. Firstly Hudson was game for a fight and wasnt jumped. Second no player should keep getting punched when they are down, Lawrence was in wrong to do it, as was Lord.

On the positive, sheffield and Nottingham can shove their rivalry!

Lord protected a team mate and done what any other tough guy would have done.
Lawrence knew exactly what he was doing that's the difference.

Highlights all on twitter.

Devil94

After seeing the highlights I don't believe that Hudson was jumped. Punches after Hudson went down were bad yes, but Lordo did something similar to Noble when he was held back by a Lino. Not saying two wrongs make a right, but can't argue too much with what Lawrence did.
Didn't see what Noble did from the bench yesterday, and it probably wasnt caught on camera either. Must have been something rather severe for Salters and Lord to react like that. Can't see any further punishment for him though.

Wannabe2

Lawrence and Hudson come out of the box, play is exactly were they are, Lawrence goes for the puck as does Hudson, there is a bit of a fracas and they come together both ready to rumble, Both are now throwing punches, Lawrence rips Hudson helmet off Lawrence lands 15 punches, 6 off which are thrown while Hudson is down on the ice, Hudsons punches are short of the target. I dislike Lawrence intensely but he didn't jump Hudson, Lawrence is a lump of a bloke who can throw them, Hudson is one class player but is definitely not a fighter, total one sided fight but hate to see guys punching opponents when they are down and unprotected, can't wait to see him get his come uppence.

Koop11

Hudson wanted the fight so I don’t agree with suggestions he was jumped. Pretty one sided. Lawrence not aboding by the ‘code’ by continuing to punch Hudson when he’s down – complete contrast to Batch’s fight the following night when Boris held the back of his head when then collapsed to the ice. However, where were the linesman! Their reactions should be called into question. When the tilt is really one sided and especially or if a guy is going down they need to be jumping straight in.

Always entertaining pre season ‘friendlies’ v the Blaze. Some rivalries will never die.

Have Hope#35

Wasn't it Lawrence who was guilty of punching Batch whilst on the floor last season... Seems like punching people once they're down is inbuilt into his mentality, he definitely deserves a good Salter'esk beating!

BostonBart22

agree with koop, the linos were far to slow to react for some reason, at one stage i thought hotham was going to have to stop it which could have turned nasty...

voth26

Tiny Jm, nor wearing rose tinted specs at all, from where I sit it looked like Hudson was jumped. I'm happy to be corrected by those who had a better view ;), as for Lords continuing to punch Noble he got what he deserved for continuing to cross check Jake who was down on the back of the net and couldn't get up because of Nobles actions. Interesting that assuming your a Devils fan you seem to find fault with the actions of the Devils but seem fine with the actions of Lawrence and Noble??