Devils vs Blaze - League - 9th Feb 24 - FO 19:30

Hedd Wyn John

Arena probably about 35% capacity 15 mins before face-off, its okay though I'm sure the council are working on a solution to the parking situation any minute now..
I was just going to post this. 6 minutes from face off for a sell out game and huge gaps in the crowd.

God help fans when that velodrome gets built over toys r us car park.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #23
End of the second period it's Devils 1-2 Blaze :|

1st Period
0-1 - Thompson from Luciani and Tallberg @ 00:49
0-2 - McNulty from Roth and Kirkup @ 07:40

2nd Period
1-2 - Sanford from Martin and Alderson @ 25:11

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #27
Final score... Devils 5-3 Blaze :D

1st Period
0-1 - Thompson from Luciani and Tallberg @ 00:49
0-2 - McNulty from Roth and Kirkup @ 07:40

2nd Period
1-2 - Sanford from Martin and Alderson @ 25:11

3rd Period
1-3 - Dudek from Spellacy and Cook @ 40:08
2-3 - Barrow from Donaghey and Arniel @ 45:40
3-3 - Busch from Crawford @ 48:57
4-3 - Martin from Batch @ 57:28
5-3 - Sanford from Cox and Donaghey @ 59:59 ENG

Finny

Blimey what a game!

I actually thought for 90% of the first period we were very good. But the other 10% we were horrendous. Gifted Coventry two goals and made a couple of other dreadful defensive decisions that forced Wall into huge saves (although he’ll want the first back).

Second period we started well and mostly dominated. Got the goal we deserved and then……. instead of kicking on we started doing stupid things and gifting the Blaze more chances.

3rd period….well I’m not sure what happened with their goal as I missed it. But fair play to the team they upped their effort and once Barrow scored our second I had a feeling we’d win. We started doing the simple things right, getting pucks on net instead of over-passing it and the puck started falling for us. After making it 3-3 we had a great PK and with all the momentum Joey Martin somehow got the rebound over Kozun for the game winner. Blaze made a total mess of the final two minutes - did they even get the puck in our zone? - and Sanford sealed it with an ENG.

Overall, far from a perfect performance. We looked like a team that was missing key players in defence and who hadn’t had a smooth buildup to the weekend. Which I’m guessing with the GB camp is exactly what happened.
Most importantly though we escaped from the ridiculous situation with two points and let’s try to get the same result on Sunday.

ASHIPP

This team has learnt how to fight back. It's got guts, patience and determination. P3 proves that keeping it simple and doing the little things right reaps rewards.
A very depleted Devils'team got their reward tonight. Well done Guys, a great result.

Diablo3

Just a heads up the parking situation is going to be the same all weekend for those going to GB games. Apparently the swimming pool can reserve a public car park. They must have the ear of the council because as we know swimming is much more important than hockey for them. If all else fails just say you are going to the gala as Jonesy did.

So much for the "Plenty of Parking" as mentioned on the website.
Why the club did not know about the gala I don't know.
Parking is becoming a serious problem took 45mins to find a parking
space 1.5m away, don't start the "public transport" debate