Devils Vs Blaze - League - 13th March 22

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
As we approach the business end of the season we invite our neighbours the Blaze to the bay for a league fixture. We're fairly secure in third and will have our eyes on Wednesdays game, Blaze need to win their games in hand on Nottingham to better their play-off position. It looks like it should be another sell out so if you haven't got your tickets don't hang around.

BostonBart22

As long as we got a decent squad in numbers and got the cup final Wednesday in mind we need to get back to winning ways, 3...1 win for me .to Devils.

Pembo

Blaze hitting a bit of form with motivation of putting pressure on the congested middle of the table to nail 4th or 5th for playoff security. We’re carrying knocks, seem comfortable in 3rd and have at least half an eye on Belfast midweek. My money would be on a Blaze win in regulation, which wouldn’t be a disaster but not an ideal point in the season to be losing momentum. Am hoping will be proved wrong though!!

Diablo3

I guess it all depends on how many players we can ice. Full squad we win, if we rest players in the hope of icing a few more next Wednesday, then I'm not so sure

moggy#9

I guess it all depends on how many players we can ice. Full squad we win, if we rest players in the hope of icing a few more next Wednesday, then I'm not so sure
It's crazy that we're at the business end of the season and honours are pretty much being decided by which team is least banged up. I can't see us getting anything out of Coventry it Belfast on Wednesday if we can't ice something approaching a full team. But then my pessimism is well known.

pjj365

Here's the thing
Will a win tomorrow motivate us for Wednesday
Are we focusing more on Wednesday rather than tomorrow
Will a win tonight for Belfast motivate them more - may be even make them complacent!
or
Will a Belfast loss motivate them more
That's why I rarely play these games in the belief that all teams want to win all matches - regardless of how many players we ice

BostonBart22

Here's the thing
Will a win tomorrow motivate us for Wednesday
Are we focusing more on Wednesday rather than tomorrow
Will a win tonight for Belfast motivate them more - may be even make them complacent!
or
Will a Belfast loss motivate them more
That's why I rarely play these games in the belief that all teams want to win all matches - regardless of how many players we ice
Regardless of league results they will be up for it in front of their own fans for the cup final, they won't accept nothing else.

Mazzoak

Well it’s a conundrum for us, probably not so much for the coach, he’d probably want to judge it on several factors we don’t know and several we do. There’s pressure because fans bring money and want value for it, winning games brings momentum, confidence but risks injury and fatigue. Do we aim high, have ambition to win both games, of course, apparently. For the Coventry game we’ll change in response to how the game runs, are Coventry playing hard, do they have their own issues which limit their performance, can we win without risking too much. Skalde will have several scenarios, one of which will be to withdraw without looking too obvious that you’ve thrown the game.......

Fair prediction, but I think it’s too early to predict as there’s only 2 points difference between 5th and 8th place,
and those teams will be playing the top 4 and each other, the next few weeks are gonna be interesting.

BostonBart22

Fair prediction, but I think it’s too early to predict as there’s only 2 points difference between 5th and 8th place,
and those teams will be playing the top 4 and each other, the next few weeks are gonna be interesting.
As long as its not Dundee as they got our number onus this season in lge.