Devils Vs Blaze - CC - 29th Oct 22 - 19:00 FO

Hedd Wyn John

What a huge goal that could be. Probably undeserved if we’re honest. I thought Coventry had the better chances in the second period. They really should have gone 0-3 up a couple of times
Agreed, Devils just didn't like scoring until that Waller goal at the end of p2. Blaze will be kicking themselves there.

ASHIPP

Would magine TK will go berserk if results don't go our way. Qualification to the next round will bring vital income from that game....with potential for more if the team goes further. This is huge for a club with a smaller capacity than Panthers, Steelers, Giants.

The Devils unfortunately are grouped with two strong cup teams. Our team lags behind, a position they are certainly not used to.

jenks33

Hopefully we come back and win this but there are way too many turnovers in our game at the moment. We saw it in the first period against Belfast last weekend. Turnover after turnover. Our exits are really poor. And that’s not just the D, Crandall has given the puck away for fun tonight.

Hedd Wyn John

Hopefully we come back and win this but there are way too many turnovers in our game at the moment. We saw it in the first period against Belfast last weekend. Turnover after turnover. Our exits are really poor. And that’s not just the D, Crandall has given the puck away for fun tonight.
Once again our players keep getting outmuscled in the offensive zone and giving up turnovers. It's an issue both steelers and Belfast exploited and now the Blaze.

moggy#9

I fully accept that I have strong views about the team, but for those more moderate voices, where would you draw a line? Given that it's almost November, when would enough be enough?

moggy#9

Josh Waller is an incredible young player. Tremendous skill and speed....puts some of others to shame with his work ethic. He deserves full credit for giving this team some hope with his first goal, and finishing the job with his second.
But isn't that the pattern we've seen so much? The likes of Waller, duggan and Brandt out in huge performances whilst some of the big names are anonymous.

This devils team needs a kick up the ass, who wants to wear the badge ? we are carrying loose wood and they need to go not naming names but I think we all know who they are , let’s hope we can get points out if tomorrow’s game to keep race on the top place

BostonBart22

Well after the first period I thought the writing was on the wall, but we managed to claw back an incredible OT winner, let's carry this into Nottingham tomorrow to get the season on track, and to make it sweeter Liverpool lost, what a night..

CaldicotDevil

Been on the fence for the last few games but we need to get rid of Dupoint. Tonights win will paper over the cracks but the first 2 periods tonight were beyond dire. We’re going nowhere with this current set up.

We don’t seem to have a plan, our power play is toothless and so many players look void of any confidence. PP in the 3rd with 25 seconds left, why not call a TO and draw up a plan? We’re leaking goals but he hasn’t changed the D round once.

Rempel16

Been on the fence for the last few games but we need to get rid of Dupoint. Tonights win will paper over the cracks but the first 2 periods tonight were beyond dire. We’re going nowhere with this current set up.

We don’t seem to have a plan, our power play is toothless and so many players look void of any confidence. PP in the 3rd with 25 seconds left, why not call a TO and draw up a plan? We’re leaking goals but he hasn’t changed the D round once.
Because he had already used his time out.

E.D.S.

Comfortably one of the weakest Devils teams for some time and I include the Regan era in that... why? Because with Regan we knew we didn't have any money, the club was poorly run and the team reflected that but at least we knew that. If we could be vaguely competitive then it was a result but here....we have spent money, big money. For what? Lack of effort, desire and ability. There's some seriously bang average players in this team.

Crawford would have trouble passing water. This guy is supposed to quarter back our powerplay. Awful. He lacks patience and he can't even get us out of our zone. We were pinned several times in our zone by Blaze's forecheck. Crawford does a few cycles with the puck then loses patience and fires one aimlessly for anyone to make something of. He did the same with the 3 on 3 against Flames. Just fired one into the boards half way up the ice for Reid to deal with. Kozun was the best distributor of the puck on the Powerplay tonight.

Crandall - last season he was comfortably the leagues best player. Lets be kind and say he's lacking confidence right now. He's also lacking desire, vision and the ability to create anything. I didn't bother getting out of my seat when he was through on goal.

Waller - loads of potential and speed. No end product. Yes I know he scored tonight but he dipsy doodles his was in to the end zone loses the puck and back the Blaze come. Its costing us. We need more O Zone time and he could really help us here.

Aside from one good shift in the 2nd Batch just looks like he's made of glass. Penny did one check and little else. What a downgrade from Lamon he is. Someone wrote that "Joey Martin could change a game on his own" that was some time ago. He looks laboured. Bags of effort and desire from him but he's not changing any games right now.

Our goals tonight... the first shouldn't have stood as it was after the time had lapsed and the second there was a clear hook/interference by Reid on the Blaze player. Blaze were very hard done by tonight.

To compound matters, the only shinning light we have is the return of Little Brittain. Yay! That'll make us title winning contenders.

Dupont is out of his depth.