Devils Vs Blaze - CC - 13th Oct 23 - 19:30 FO

Diablo3

Loved the game tonight. Alderson could turn out to be quite a pickup, he's big, knows where the goal is, and moves well for a big guy.TBH we never gave Blaze a chance, we were at them from puck drop till the end of the Red Army chant. We haven't been used to this for the last couple of years, long may it continue.

Only complaint I have from tonight is the car park, WHATS the point of having parking attendants but still twats parking diagonally losing 50+ spaces. Other than that , great night

Loved the game tonight. Alderson could turn out to be quite a pickup, he's big, knows where the goal is, and moves well for a big guy.TBH we never gave Blaze a chance, we were at them from puck drop till the end of the Red Army chant. We haven't been used to this for the last couple of years, long may it continue.
Loved how confident Anderson looked. telling Batch a few times what to do and where he should be

BostonBart22

At last a devils complete performance start to finish, think the players had a rocket up their jacksy after last weekend, the new boy settled in well, bowns had some crucial saves as well. Felt sorry for kozun but his defence was awful, don't think Booth is injured he had a few shaky outings and still trying to adjust to eihl standards, he worries me on times of leaving his net a lot , but there we are I'm sure the nettie coach is on to it. We'll done devils on the best performance this season..

Slartibartfast

Everything about that performance was clinical. The passing, the clearing the net and the finishing. Alderson is a great addition and with Waller moving to the fourth line I think we may now have the best fourth line in the league. Brandt has improved massively this season and his goal was a beauty. Cox played much better also. We will face a lot tougher opposition than the Blaze but we look like we have all the ingredients now to complete with the best.

Devils86

Devils were good last night - always like to see a shutout. However I don't think PR will
be getting ahead of himself. There were a few eeeek moments with awful passes from behind our net that went straight to Blaze forwards. That they didn't convert any chances evidenced that they were lackluster and had very little quality at all and no spark or edge. Obviously a totally different performance than when they beat us at their place or else I'd seriously worry about the Devils

That being said Bowns was solid (enough); thought Chad had a good game tracking back to stop breakaways; Alderson looks a real find and has it all - can he fight?! Lovely goal from Brandt who looked calm As anything - like he's been working on that side of things over the summer.

Nobody had a bad game against a poor Blaze side. Won't be the same story at the leisure center later

Finny

Well that was far more comfortable than I was expecting. Not sure if it was down to us being that good or Blaze being pretty poor.

Defensively we looked very solid. Probably the best we have all season so far. We swarmed over them in our D zone and limited them to very few decent chances. Same on the PK, aggressively challenging them and in truth we probably created better chances on their PPS than they did.

Deserved shut out for Bowns who spent much of the game as a spectator but stayed focus to make the saves when he needed to.
And at the other end you have to say Kozun played well and was arguably their MOTM. Without him it could have been double figures.

Earnie

What happened with the departing cars after the game? It is never good but last night it took an extra 15 minutes to clear the rink area!

Main issue with the traffic were the couple of coaches picking up the school children taking up the inside lane before the Toys r us carpark exit.
On another point, why no goal judges last night?

Devils86

Main issue with the traffic were the couple of coaches picking up the school children taking up the inside lane before the Toys r us carpark exit.
Ah that's what those coaches were for, of course. Didn't think there were that many Blaze fans

Finny

Goal judges haven’t been a league requirement since the start of last season. Some clubs still have them ‘for show’ but they no longer count shots or have any input as to whether a goal was scored or not.

I think if we have enough stats staff we still have someone do it, but as it was a Friday night we might have been short?

E.D.S.

Too early to judge Alderson but what impressed me was his skating. For a big lad, he can shift through the gears. He looks energetic. he doesn't seem to be one of those big guys that just rely on size. A bit like Vother in that respect. Whilst Alderson looks the much better skater by far what both Voth and Alderson seem to do is combine speed (not saying Voth was a speed merchant at all) and urgency with their skating. So often you see a big lad just coasting. Too early to judge but I like what I see. Didn't Giants have a fella called Suez on the wing or something like that about 10 years ago. He was a bit hot and cold but when he played with speed and energy he was untouchable. I hope Alderson keeps this up. He could be a season changing signing this early on.

Wannabe2

Too early to judge Alderson but what impressed me was his skating. For a big lad, he can shift through the gears. He looks energetic. he doesn't seem to be one of those big guys that just rely on size. A bit like Vother in that respect. Whilst Alderson looks the much better skater by far what both Voth and Alderson seem to do is combine speed (not saying Voth was a speed merchant at all) and urgency with their skating. So often you see a big lad just coasting. Too early to judge but I like what I see. Didn't Giants have a fella called Suez on the wing or something like that about 10 years ago. He was a bit hot and cold but when he played with speed and energy he was untouchable. I hope Alderson keeps this up. He could be a season changing signing this early on.
Jeff Szwez

Pope#42

As soon as he delivered that I thought ban coming up. Not sure how he swerved the penalty on the night. It was even before Ions got blasted in the family jewels and was struggled not to chunder all over the ice :)
Poor guy - genuinely thought he was going to pass out at one point.

On the game itself - truly enjoyed last night’s game. Definitely saw improvements on the powerplay and passing was much smoother. Alderson had a great game - shame for the ban but watching the video I can’t complain about it.

I thought everyone had a good game but shoutout to Brandt - that guy is a devil through and through and his game has really improved - that goal, as someone else has already said, was a thing of beauty. Get that guy signed up on a multi-year contract!