Devils Vs Blaze - 26th December - 6:00PM Chat / Updates

DevilDom

As soon as I heard Hicks was ref I said to a friend we would lose. That says it all. How many games do we lose when he refs?

However saying that Blaze were the better team and wanted it more. Playing with only 9 imports is bound to take its toll eventually and with only 4 import forwards we lack teeth. Desperately need Max and another import back.

As others have said blaming Hicks, no matter how poor he was deflects from a pretty poor performance. Our pp was woeful an there didn't appear to be a lot of desire on show. Overall a very low key boxing day game reflecting the low key crowd and build up.

jimmy snels said:
there were a few cheers when cowley got hit with the puck (about 20?) and everyone clapped him off (2000?) when they realised he was actually hurt. get a grip on your tarnishing of the fan base and your hardly qualified to comment coming down once a season #poorcommitment
there were a few hundered infact not 20 many were embaressed by their mistake and followed the rest when allpauding Cowley off. Would never have happened in the WNIR. Facts.
You dont know me or my position. I can only attend Sundays games 5 out of 8 weeks at best and at no other time due to work. Add into the fact tickets are not resonably priced considering the current financial situation a lot of us are in, cost of car parking (a real rip off that, damn cheek irrespective of the cost) you are very lucky if you can afford/able to attend more games than I and others. Dont be so quick to assume everyone is staying away because of lack of comitmment. Shows your complete lack of understanding.
Some people should think of the bigger picture outside of their own bubble.

jimmy snels

i agree people really are living in a bubble....

parking is donation or free in swimming pool/morrisons.

cost is 2 quid more than it has been. hardly life changing

most people on here post are able to make comment as they know what players capabilities are. to make that judgment without ever seeing them before is clearly ridiculous.

Im glad you also know the fan base has turned into a poor image of the good ol days. maybe if you came more often you'd see how great it is when the tent is rocking. maybe if the fans from the good ol days turned up we could afford a team to match your expectations.

Kipper

Finny said:
helloimclaire said:
Even the goal judge pointed up to the roof. Answer me this because I'm not 100%; does the goal judge have to put the red light on however it gets into the net and then it's up to the ref to give it or not. Or can the goal judge disagree and refuse to put the light on if they think its a no goal? I'm sure that's why they're called goal JUDGE?
Fairly sure they are only responsible for confirming whether the puck crosses the line or not. It's not for them to call anything else.
We advise whether the puck has completely crossed the line and count the number of shots on goal.It is generally up to the ref whether he takes any notice of the goal judge

Gonna try and keep this brief.

There were far more than 20 fans who cheered when Cowley got hit! Black7 observation is spot on regardless of how often he/she attends.

Completely fed up with lack of effort from "proffesional" hockey players. No hitting (Batch, Hill, Marsh all big guys should be hitting more), no imagination on attack, same predictable breakouts leading to constant turnovers, passing is too easy to read, stretch passes straight down the middle rarely going to work, no pinching from defencemen who back off too early IMO.

Was feeling pretty unwell before i left the house in rubbish weather, sat there with a scarf on and several layers to watch that fiasco.

Thank god it wasn't Nottingham we were playing!!

jimmy snels

from where i stood it didn't sound like many and there was a lot of 'i think he's actually hurt' comments that followed. my point about attendance wasn't his ability to count more the fact he's judging on one game in 9months minimum. hardly a firm grasp on current fan base or team events n play

jimmy snels said:
i agree people really are living in a bubble....

parking is donation or free in swimming pool/morrisons.

cost is 2 quid more than it has been. hardly life changing

most people on here post are able to make comment as they know what players capabilities are. to make that judgment without ever seeing them before is clearly ridiculous.

Im glad you also know the fan base has turned into a poor image of the good ol days. maybe if you came more often you'd see how great it is when the tent is rocking. maybe if the fans from the good ol days turned up we could afford a team to match your expectations.
parking in swimming pool not free. Charged. 2 quid may not be much to you but adds to an expensive night.
And you clearly have either not read or understood the points I made in my previous post. To reply with out doing so is quite ridiculous.
If I was a first time attendee, what sort of impression would I take away from that game? fans and team alike? Hardly impressive and not tempting to return maybe? I have seen enough of the highlights this season to give an opinion on the team. You make far to many assumtions without thinking first.

I cheerd when Cowley got hit. I thought the puck had just hit off the top off his helmet and not realised in the instance it had gone up under the visor. But when I realised the guy was hurt i was really embarresed. I made a mistake, in a split second i didnt realise how injured the guy was. You're always going to get slight cheers for these kind of incidents. Its how we react afterwards is the important part. And when everybody clapped him off i think we rectified the problem caused by me and a few hundred others.

I grew up a Devils and City fan, but due to being exiled in London I don't get to see many games for either, so Boxing Day when both are playing at home is one of my favourite sporting days of the year.

Sadly, Devils really were poor last night. From the few games a season I see, that one seemed like a very uncharacteristically sloppy and lethargic performance.
There were two points where the team seemed to actually get anything together - the last couple of minutes of the 1st (having recovered from only conceeding one goal from the rash of PPs) and last 5-10 mins of the 3rd. Otherwise, very disappointing.

Hicks was poor too, but I don't think the result would have been much different if anyone else had been reffing.

Being as it seems to have hit a nerve I thought I might chime in on the Cowley hit by puck incident, which also disappointed me.
I was sat in block 13 and was really saddened when (at least from my eyes and ears) it seemed most of blocks 2 & 3 opposite cheered him hitting the ice after getting the puck in the face.
There were also people around me who were cheering it too.
Now me and my mate saw the shot get tipped into his head perfectly clearly, so while some people could have missed it, could that many?

Yes, I'm pleased everyone applauded Cowley off the ice afterwards, but that initial reaction was very disheartening.
I'm also sad someone seems to think it was all football fans doing the cheering. I don't know who sits in those two blocks, but for my part, having just come from the City match, I can tell the difference between a pulled leg muscle (or other similiar football injury) and getting hit in the head with a hard rubber disk travelling at around 70mph.
One is potentially life threatening, the other not generally (unless your Sir Alex Ferguson).

Sorry for the rant but that reaction was the only downside to an otherwise very enjoyable Boxing Day for me (yes I'm disappointed with the Devils, but sports teams have good and bad days).

Merry Christmas everyone! :D

I think at some point or other the majority of fans have cheered when a player has hit the ice, I know I have, but once the severity of the injury is realised the cheers turn to concern. I shouldn't beat yourselves up over that, it happens and I'm sure the persons concerned ment no malice.

Just for the recored Russell is ok, the helmet visor did it's job and protected him from any serious injury.

Nasty bump on his cheek though.....https://t.co/V7A95tV2

D

Deleted member 1337

Black7 said:
jimmy snels said:
there were a few cheers when cowley got hit with the puck (about 20?) and everyone clapped him off (2000?) when they realised he was actually hurt. get a grip on your tarnishing of the fan base and your hardly qualified to comment coming down once a season #poorcommitment
there were a few hundered infact not 20 many were embaressed by their mistake and followed the rest when allpauding Cowley off. Would never have happened in the WNIR. Facts.
You dont know me or my position. I can only attend Sundays games 5 out of 8 weeks at best and at no other time due to work. Add into the fact tickets are not resonably priced considering the current financial situation a lot of us are in, cost of car parking (a real rip off that, damn cheek irrespective of the cost) you are very lucky if you can afford/able to attend more games than I and others. Dont be so quick to assume everyone is staying away because of lack of comitmment. Shows your complete lack of understanding.
Some people should think of the bigger picture outside of their own bubble.
By the way, you don't have to pay for the par park in the rink, it's optional.

thought ben was brill chased all night but for the rest if i went to work and performed like that prob would have the sack i think should be a good few players embarrassed by the way they played last night

Black7 said:
Some players are here for the ride it seems.
I wasn't at the game myself, one of the few home games I've missed this season so far. I'm wondering if you will expand on that comment above and add some names to it. There's obviously something you saw that was different from the youtube highlights you've been watching, so just curious whom the comment relates to and why.

Diafol

stella said:
thought ben was brill chased all night but for the rest if i went to work and performed like that prob would have the sack i think should be a good few players embarrassed by the way they played last night
I agree with you, but having witnessed last night's efforts it seems that whatever G and Franny said after the home game did the trick. They can all hold their heads up after that.