Devils vs Blaze - 26/12 6pm - Chat & Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

Hopefully MNL will be running for those of you who're too stuffed to make it to the home fixture at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

Devils are hopefully going to have Voth and Hartwick back in action, but will again be without Cowmeadow, Prpich and Fulton.

Blaze have a full team I believe.

Chris.

Should be a good night.. hopefully a nice festive atmos to go with it.. if ya need MNL txters Chris give me a PM and i may be able to help out a bit

steve

That man Phil Hill again! What a season!

On another note, looks like the squeelers have been naughty again. Finnerty got 5 mins for fighting Bruce Richardson (Panthers) (didn't get what he wanted from santa) and Cruickshank got a 5 min major high sticks with game misconduct! Why cant the sheff players just fight anymore, they have to use dirty tactics or weapons!

Eeekk more goals whilst i was typing! what a start!

kettdevil1

Fantastic result.

Brilliant to see Ben Davies getting MOM, when we have needed him he has been absolutely awesome, a real star.

Really looking forward to going up to Cov tomorrow, tiredness might well be a problem but if we stay focused anything is possible.

mazza03

Hartwick didn't ice tonight, I must confess to leaving after the second period I was so cold I was I just wanted to come home. And I forget my 50/50 sods law my numbers would have come up :lol:

Wannabe2

stewie griffin said:
To be honest Blaze were uber poor tonight, But Devils played a good game, Well done Ben,He played an awesome game...
Dont think Coventry were allowed to play there normal game tonight, in fairness to the lads. They worked there butts of tonight, hassling, hussling, and had that never say die attitude which payed of in the end. Great result with 4 players out, well played lads, well played coach, and great for the club, and the doubters who thought we couldnt kick it with the top teams. Thanks guys for a very very good Boxing day.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

PS What about that young Ben Davies, this young lad gets better and better each game.

Russky

I thought we were immense tonight! its not that Coventry were poor at all, just we were better! Ben Davies was awesome and he knows no fear, even tussling for the puck by the boards!!! Amazing talent! We Figured out how to play coventry, shut down their offense and skated rings round their defense! Our tactics worked tonight. Well done to G and the boys. More of the same tomorrow please!

Good match tonight, well done guys. Abs was great and it was nice to see Ben getting MOM & Brad back to dancing just what block 2 always love to see :D

came online to check tonights damage and couldn't believe it we won! top work lads :D made my day. Not only excellent to beat a top team but any points are great news, lets work our way up there. Good to hear ben was working his magic once again and getting recognition for it.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #15
I don't think Blaze played poorly, we just played better.

We used the same tactics we've done for periods before for the entire game, we hit everything and pushed them off the puck at almost* every chance. Their offence didn't work and ours did.

Just need another win tomorrow now :)

Chris.

yeah your all right.. u did play better than us... are defence is looking weak and needs sorting out and fast... the fowards for us are just not performing... and scott kelman i dont want him next season rubbish!!!! to put it nicely.. oh well we were out played well done DEVILS!!!!!!

Gazza272

Dani_devil said:
yeah your all right.. u did play better than us... are defence is looking weak and needs sorting out and fast... the fowards for us are just not performing... and scott kelman i dont want him next season rubbish!!!! to put it nicely.. oh well we were out played well done DEVILS!!!!!!

I noticed kelman more than calder and carlson last night :shock:

Koop11

I great win. Last night we played the style of game this team was built for. Coventry, like all of the big four, are individually far better than us. They have a lot of skill and their PP outshines ours. However, when we choose to, our work rate counts for far more than skill and talent and last night was a great example of that.

The more I see our defence play the better they get. No we’re not going to win the league this year and with our budget we had to be realistic about that but Gerad has, IMO, filled a big void at the back and has brought in a tough solid defence, starting in net. We were outshot tonight by 10 but Aubry was a wall and if it wasn’t for Ben playing another stormer he should have been MoM. If there were any rebounds our D was first to it.

The one thing that thrilled me last night the most was the work rate of our forwards. I don’t think I have seen our team back check as much as they did last night. The amount of times we forced the Blaze to turn over the puck in centre ice as awesome. Towards the end, the Blaze, with all the experience, were forced to ice the puck. We were more physical and first to the loose pucks. We outworked the Blaze tonight and that is why we deserved the win. We won the little battles last night and that is the way this team can beat opposition.

I was thrilled for Ben Davies. The kid is playing his socks off. You will struggle to find a player putting more into a shift than he does. He has so much energy and hitting the points tally last night rewarded for his MoM. I must add that Phil Hill is getting better and better. What a season he is having. The confidence is pouring out of him and he is definitely now one of our go to guys.

I must give a final thought about Jay Loonball. If I was coach, I would be negotiating a contract for him next season already. In this injury crisis we find ourselves in once again, he has led the way in the forward line. This guy’s head up play, skill and vision is second to none. The surprise signing of the season for me and he can continue in this vain I would hope he is a must for next year.

We’ve adopted this ‘never say die attitude’. We have some massive players out with injury yet we’re playing some of our best hockey. We’re not more skilled than we were. Our PP still isn’t great but we are out working teams. We’re fitter and its plain to see our mental game is spot on. We’re not having as many fall asleep periods. The guys are playing for each other and its paying off. We need to continue this attitude into the New Year.

Finally, I invited a few new faces to last night’s game. It’s so enjoyable to invite newbies to an exciting game. They loved it and will be returning.

Roll on tonight!