Devils vs Bison, Wed 01st 7.30pm. Chat/Updates

DEVILS WIN! Jay Latulippe within a minute of overtime! Really happy with the win - but it doesn't change the fact we should have won without overtime! Are we being extra kind to the Bison team or something so they get a point for their loss? ;) Only Joking of course!

Campbell MOM for Devils - as usual - the opposition's goalie is MOM - why do keepers always have an awesome game at our rink! Just had a look at the stats - Reiter had a 89.4% Save percentage which is below most goalies and 5.25 GAA. I know the stats are bound to be worse when you in a team that's bottom of the league - but 2 MOM performances against Devils. He must love playing against us! :)

mike62

Another question.

How can you have a Delay of Game penalty timed at 60:00, surely play has stopped? It should be 59:59 or something like that, shouldn't it?

going into overtime is not good enough at all, great we got the win but thats just poor. oh well, a win is a win i guess, gotta be pleased with that and it does sound like jay is doing really well. Nothing from hinks is just not good enough when he's supposed to be our star center.

mike62 said:
Another question.

How can you have a Delay of Game penalty timed at 60:00, surely play has stopped? It should be 59:59 or something like that, shouldn't it?
It was given at 59.59

Wannabe2

mike62 said:
oneill said:
Bison have a full squad to choose from again after the bans so im going for a close game 3,2 Devils.
Cornish v MacIver to fight.
Only Curtiss Patrick is back after his ban, Bison will still be 3 imports short (assuming Braff doesn't play).

Miller is possibly due in for the weekend games and Brad
Ccruikshank returns from his ban away to Squeelers on Sunday.
2really as Aldridge is playing, and we are also 2 down.

Well, seems we can breathe again. Too close.

Pleased with the win, but a better side would have punished us. Overall I thought we were in control but lost confidence as they scored. The defence was sloppy for two of the goals, wouldn't blame Aubry in particular, who I thought had a decent game.

Positives, Latulippe was impressive, and I think the line of Campbell, Prpich and Latulippe could devlop into an excellent scoring line.

Silverthorn also seems to be in decent form, just needs the correct linemates.

Hinks looked better, but was played on our third line for most of the game. Still not what I expected though.

Towe played well, and Cowmeadow and Francis were their usual tenacious selves. I would still like one scoring Brit player in the squad, 20-30 points from this player could make all the difference over a season.

dafp

dylanm said:
I would still like one scoring Brit player in the squad, 20-30 points from this player could make all the difference over a season.
Phil's got 8 points already... 1 more and he catches Hinks

Odd decision I thought to demote Hinks to 3rd line but not take the C off him.

Chris

Administrator
I don't think we deserved to win tonight. We should be renamed the Cardiff Mediocre Devils.

I can't understand how we can play so brilliantly against Blaze in the 1st period and yet still lose, and tonight we didn't even get into 2nd gear. It's more annoying now because we've seen how well we can play, yet don't.

Just what the hell is going on? I think if we keep up this crap streak something will HAVE to be done to stir the players up.

I don't think any one person can be blamed for tonight, it was more of team failure. In front of goal we just look shocking, our goals are coming when people actually decide to shoot rather than just pass it around. We seem a couple of seconds too slow on everything more or less.

Standout players again have to be Campbell and Prpich.

Most mediocre of the lot has got be Hinks, 1st line centre? You've got to be having a laugh. If I hear someone say "The Devils always start off slow" I might actually be pushed to commit murder.

Too many excuses and not enough action.

Chris.