Devils v Vipers - Wednesday FO 7:30 - MNL

ASHIPP

jodysstillagirlsname said:
HockeyWarrior said:
However I do feel our PK and D in general is still in need of improvement

Two short handed goals in one penalty, I think I ll accept that kind of weakness :p
Yeh, both goals scored within 1 min, 14 secs! Is that some sort of record? Come on Finny and Gazza, you 'll know the answer!

Great performance all round last night. 11 players involved in the points scoring - what depth! :mrgreen:
If Smithy is only firing on 75% cyclinders, he's going to be freaking dangerous at 100%! :twisted: His presence made the difference last night, pushing other players to lift their game. Defence solid but I'm having trouble digesting that spectacular pk error! Really tight defence on the pk 5 on 3 ....and then Vipers score! G on d was a great move - some lovely clean passes to other players and clearing the puck quickly from the defensive zone. Felt a bit for Matt Miller - trying so hard to get the goals and deserved to but not to be last night.

Gazza272

ASHIPP said:
jodysstillagirlsname said:
HockeyWarrior said:
However I do feel our PK and D in general is still in need of improvement

Two short handed goals in one penalty, I think I ll accept that kind of weakness :p
Yeh, both goals scored within 1 min, 14 secs! Is that some sort of record? Come on Finny and Gazza, you 'll know the answer!

I was trying to think last night of the Hat trick Jono Phillips scored against the Blaze in the space of about 1 minute 30 i think at least 1 maybe two of them were shorthanded, although cant be sure.

Guess Finny is your man for this one :D

James

Administrator
How did we manage not to score on them for over 59 minutes on the weekend? I can't make out Robinson at all. He can be solid as anything one night then a sieve the next. I guess that's a problem for Newcastle though, not us :) Good exciting game last night other than the first half of the 3rd where both sides seemed to have resigned themselves to the scoreline. Nice to get a good convincing win with the Sky cameras there too. I know we had rent-a-crowd (or adopt-a-school as they are also known) in, but I was still impressed with the noise level throughout. The chant of 'We want 8' certainly seemed to work :D

Finny

I thought the Block 2 boys were in excellent voice last night.

"Can we play you every week?"
"Bring on the Steelers"
"This is too easy!" :lol:

Finny said:
Devils started to get into penalty trouble themselves and ended up facing a 5-on-3 for almost two whole minutes. The penalty kill was excellent though and both penalties were killed off, but no sooner had they returned the full strength the Devils seemed to switch off - gifting the Vipers a goal
Those were my sentiments exactly as soon as the Vipers scored last night. This is something the Devils seem to have done on a few occasions this season, defend the penalty well but as soon as they get back to full strength they then go and concede a goal within seconds.
But what the heck, carry on playing like you did last night and these odd moments won't really matter :D

James

Administrator
Gazza272 said:
I was trying to think last night of the Hat trick Jono Phillips scored against the Blaze in the space of about 1 minute 30 i think at least 1 maybe two of them were shorthanded, although cant be sure.
Guess Finny is your man for this one :D
Remember that Jono guy. Whatever happened to him. :D Matt Towe has scored twice as many goals as Phillips this year so far.

Russky

It was the definitely the best I have seen them play this season, bearing in mind I was away for the last home Vipers thrashing (9-2) and the beating we gave the Panties (6-2)!

Now knowing that we are consistantly inconsistant and that the Squeelers are always up for a game against us I think it could be a tough game. How I wish It could be a repeat of the game in the WNIR when we were 5-1 up by the end of the 1st period.

Hi from Tonsils , its good to be back and yes i was wearing a cowboy hat, it was nice of Gerad Adams and Brad Voth to give me some tickets to see Wednesday clash with the vipers, I hope i added to the Noise by trying drive the crowd a bit lol. i so enjoy it as well as seeing old faces and some new one's too. Once again thankyou Gerad Adams and Brad Voth what a TEAM!
LET'S GO DEVILS LET'S GO!
TONSILS

Wannabe2

tonsils said:
Hi from Tonsils , its good to be back and yes i was wearing a cowboy hat, it was nice of Gerad Adams and Brad Voth to give me some tickets to see Wednesday clash with the vipers, I hope i added to the Noise by trying drive the crowd a bit lol. i so enjoy it as well as seeing old faces and some new one's too. Once again thankyou Gerad Adams and Brad Voth what a TEAM!
LET'S GO DEVILS LET'S GO!
TONSILS
Where you been you old bastard, get your rump down there more often, after all its your home as well as ours. ;)

Jones72

Finny said:
I thought the Block 2 boys were in excellent voice last night.

"Can we play you every week?"
"Bring on the Steelers"
"This is too easy!" :lol:
I'm usually back row of block 3, but had to move for obvious reasons. I had the pleasure of spending the game stood next to the usual Block 2 suspects and I've got to say it's the best laugh I've had at a game in ages!! :lol:

1. Top rendition of the anthem...that area should be miked up!
2. Awesome chants.
3. Achingly funny Brian Potter outbursts of "Gerry! Gerry! Gerry!..." whenever Berry was facing off that end of the ice (how he wasn't put off I don't know!)
4. Relentless Simmsy p***-take all night.

Lads...hats off to you! Quality act...and sorry if you were without your usual seats because we moved. It wasn't intentional on our part.

Jones72 said:
I'm usually back row of block 3, but had to move for obvious reasons. I had the pleasure of spending the game stood next to the usual Block 2 suspects and I've got to say it's the best laugh I've had at a game in ages!! :lol:

1. Top rendition of the anthem...that area should be miked up!
2. Awesome chants.
3. Achingly funny Brian Potter outbursts of "Gerry! Gerry! Gerry!..." whenever Berry was facing off that end of the ice (how he wasn't put off I don't know!)
4. Relentless Simmsy p***-take all night.

Lads...hats off to you! Quality act...and sorry if you were without your usual seats because we moved. It wasn't intentional on our part.
Ah no worries, I enjoyed standing in row G in front of Andy and co., made sure we were closer to Simmsy see so he could here us good and loud, I think he took it pretty well, we all had a laugh. Great Game!!!

After missing the game on Wednesday, I somehow resisted temptation to come on here and find out the score to watch it on Sky - gutted I wasn't at the game now! Awesome performance.

Gazza272

ledgend777 said:
After missing the game on Wednesday, I somehow resisted temptation to come on here and find out the score to watch it on Sky - gutted I wasn't at the game now! Awesome performance.

Blimey that takes some doing :lol:

How did you find the game on TV having you had no prior knowledge of the result? was it slower? harder to see plays developing etc?

I have never seen an EIHL game i've never known the result to so i've never been 'into it' so would be interested to see how you found it.