Devils v Vipers - 6pm 18/01 - Chat & Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

MNL will again be running for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl.

Nott Simpson can get awfully lonely so don't forget to give him an email when MNL is running at matchinightlive@the-inferno.co.uk!

Devils are still without Fulton and Campbell, Davies returns after playing for Team GB.

Not sure if Vipers have a full strength team or not.

The last game between us two saw MacAllister deal out possibly the biggest hit i've seen to Hinks, so should be another decent game :)

Chris.

Hopefully we won't end up with any more injuries in this game, though it could be a good hard game if the Vipers come out fighting, though reading their fans posts it seems that in many games this season they've given up before starting.

Tom I hope you are right as I am bringing my oldest son and 2 grandchildren for their first Devils experience along with Adam the Bison fan, who I shall be giving a lift from the Central station. Lets hope it is a good game for them all to enjoy.

well vipers were 2 nil up tonight in coventry but lost 7-3.wow coventry scored 6 straight goals.

Lets hope we can get to verner early and we might see some goals. Hope likit anderson has a good game though.

Sliput

Went to Cov V Vipers earlier...we should beat them easily,they are two busy arguing amongst themselves to worry about us.

Courtneay skates round like the rest of the team are a nasty smell underneath his nose,Hutchins is just crap and lazy and good ole Payette is stil taking dumb penalties.

They were 0-2 up end of 1st and then fell apart spectacularly in the 2nd...Cov scored 6 unanswered goals :eek: .

Really enjoyed tonights game - and for a 0-0 it was very entertaining...well done on the pen shoot out win, but how the hell did Aubs not win MoM award...everyone, and I mean everyone I spoke to at the rink were amazed that he did not get MoM - even the players were surprised, but hey ho - that is not what matters...well done on the win...yay!!!

P.s I must admit though - I was annoyed at donkey Payette for shoving Lucy-Fur when the Newcastle team came onto the ice - that was a classless thing to do IMHO...

mazza03

It was a good game tonight and we deserved to win in real time, Newcastle did annoy me the last 3-4 minutes they just wasted time so that they could get the point, every time they got the puck they iced it :roll: Yes Payette should have had 2 minutes for pushing our mascot, he really is a waste of space.

drainage

Summed up in the (I assume) sponsor name he had at bottom of his shirt - said Lankyman assume they had run out of W's when printing it am fairly certain it shouldnt say Lankyman !!!

Yeah maybe both goalies should have had MOM, with regard to their regulation + overtime shutouts but Jay was the best devils player on the ice tonight and he deserved MOM even before he scored the winning goal, just my opinion though :p

Gazza272

How Chris Macallister didnt get MOM tongiht for the Vipers i will never ever know. The guy put on a defence clinic for this league, big, tough, uncompromising, how many shots did that guy alone keep to the outside tongiht? Verner's night was made easy by him.

Read the game like a machine, poke checks, body checks. he ran the show tongiht. Well worth my money watching his performances i can see why he made the NHL.

Kipper

Gazza272 said:
How Chris Macallister didnt get MOM tongiht for the Vipers i will never ever know. The guy put on a defence clinic for this league, big, tough, uncompromising, how many shots did that guy alone keep to the outside tongiht? Verner's night was made easy by him.

Read the game like a machine, poke checks, body checks. he ran the show tongiht. Well worth my money watching his performances i can see why he made the NHL.
I agree Gazza. McAllister must have iced 40 minutes tonight and I'm told he is playing with a broken foot so he can only play one game on a weekend as his foot swells up so much. Respect.

Both Verner and Aubs turned in top performances worthy of MoM on another night.