Devils v Storm - Wed 21 Mar 2018 - League - FO 7:30 - Chat/Updates

Wannabe2

I'm not sure where the whole "fluffing championship games" angle comes from. Yes, we lost the challenge cup this year - against one of the toughest teams in the league, who played a blinder, and we led for half the game. Yes, we lost the play-offs last year - in the final, against a much better Steelers side than this year, after 30 minutes of overtime and an intense final. I don't think you can call either of those a poor effort.

I think we're definitely seeing the team relax a bit before the playoff push. It's disappointing to see, and a little boring, but personally I think it's the right thing to do. Yes, there's the worry of losing momentum, but Lordo and the team have form. If we're still in this malaise when the first QF rocks around, then I'll start to worry. Until then, this team has earned enough of my trust to give them a pass.
That’s a very good post, and very well said. Sums it up for me.

Devil_Abroad

A friend who was coming back from the cafe said that he thought that the FIRST time the puck hit the bar that THAT was a goal, the review was on the second ping, hence why only 30secs were added back to the clock, and our 3rd goal stood. Had the first play been reviewed before the next face off, then no one would be upset.
Not sure I’m following what it is you’re trying to put across?

The first one hit the bar - that wasn’t reviewed.

They reviewed the second one, the one that did not ping as it hit the netting and was therefore a good goal. They then put the correct time back on the clock.

What is wrong with that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

I'd say serious enough to not play until the play offs start.
Unlike certain other teams who love to advertise how beat up are their squads with countless injuries our club gives nothing away; that may irritate some fans, cause concern for others, but it also hides it from opposition teams so I prefer it this way.

Whether they are rested to ensure they are fresh, or their small niggles prevented from becoming serious injuries in a meaningless game, or extra time to recover for more serious injuries to recover enough for them to play potentially 4 more games I’m happy for Lord and his qualified team to make those decisions for the benefit of the club which also means us.

Happy days

Finny

The problem is when we have done that in the past we have flopped at the Play Offs. We still need to keep up the momentum towards the play-offs. The season then finishes and the players can then rest. It's not fair on people who pay to watch them during the last few league games and the play-offs putting in poor performances.
What seasons did we do that?
Last season even after winning the league we carried on trying to keep the momentum up. By the mid-point of the final though we were all out of energy.
Same with the previous season where we had to go into the last game of the regular season needing a win to keep our title hopes up.

Losing the playoff final last year in the way we did was so disappointing. I'm sure that will still be on Lordo's mind and if losing the last 4 games of the regular season so we can rest players means we have a better chance of winning the Playoffs then I am all for it.

Devil_Abroad

You guys have earned the right to rest players.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
If teams don’t care about home advantage then I think teams from 1 to 7 could too. As Storm had secured 2nd before Wednesday surprised they didn’t rest a few more as only Ehrhardt missing.

Devil94

You guys have earned the right to rest players.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Exactly. Should be considered a luxury that we can rest our best players before the play off run, while other sides have a lot to play for in the last two weeks and can't afford to rest any players with niggles.