Devils v Steelers - League - 20th Mar 24 - FO 1930

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
So according to the EIHL if the Steelers beat us in regulation time Wednesday,they will lift the league title at ours, is that horribly correct.

Diafol

What goes around comes around I suppose.
Our last 2 league titles were won on the road.

Having said that, I really hope we can stop Steelers celebrating on Wednesday.

In that scenario I hope the people who've complained in the past about others leaving early will make an exception for Wednesday - I suspect there may be a few (thousand) doing it !
Know what you mean. Always stay to applaude the team whether it's a good or dire result. Must feel so shit as a player watching fans walking out before the game finishes. Totally get people get pissed off with a poor result or poor performance but not every player on that ice will have given less than 100% most would have put some serious shifts in during the game and be feeling shit about the result too.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #9
Depends on which of our teams show up I guess, this weekends team then I think we are in trouble, our A team and we can take them. So clash of the top 2, who wins Wednesday will tell.

ASHIPP

Steelers seem unstoppable. A win against them only delays the inevitable. They deserve the title.. their lead is ridiculous!
If they raise title cup on Wednesday, may as well hang around because it may not be raised by them next season, or the ones after that!
Simms will not be able to contain himself. Let's see if he acts with the decorum he is unaccustomed to!

If the Steelers win their title in the game against Nottingham, how cruel would that be for the Panthers bearing in mind the unthinkable happened this season involving a Steelers' player

BostonBart22

We all know we won't haver waller or busch playing, not sure what ullys injury is but if it's a niggle and if I was coach rest him and get fit for playoffs, If we win Wednesday all well and good, lose and so be it as long as its entertaining hockey. It won't affect top 3 as its in our hands to finish 2nd with 2 x giants games home.

For the benefit of the playoffs I hope we beat them again because this will put doubts in there head, they will not want to play us. When we play hard, finish our checks and avoid pass after pass after pass we can get another win against these. They don't like it when someone else goes toe to toe with them and don't back down!.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #17
Jonathan Fearnley is probably the best commentator about, he has the voice, the knowledge, very unbiased and interesting to listen to, the devils will probably make some good money as Steelers will be lining up to buy the webcast. Hopefully they will be disappointed by the result, and a safe but miserable journey home.

He is a fantastic commentator. Best in the league IMO and I take your point about the extra money but he is by definition a Steelers commentator and by giving them the reigns so to speak it just feels like we’re rolling over and having our tummy tickled.

I would rather us be making the arena like an absolute bear pit and trying to get every single little bit of advantage rather than letting them train on our ice and rolling out the red carpet for their off ice team.

If they win then fair enough let them have their celebrations, be gracious in defeat etc… but until that happens we should be doing everything we can to make sure they don’t.

Maybe we should bring back Dease to leave a present in the Steelers locker room.

James

Administrator
I doubt the commentator on the webcast will have any affect in the way either teams play nor the atmosphere in the arena. Players arent going to be watching the stream so I think its quite a nice touch. All for making it as difficult for steelers in the actual arena though. Turn off the hot water and leave them an 'upper decker' if it helps.

BostonBart22

Jonathan Fearnley is probably the best commentator about, he has the voice, the knowledge, very unbiased and interesting to listen to, the devils will probably make some good money as Steelers will be lining up to buy the webcast. Hopefully they will be disappointed by the result, and a safe but miserable journey home.
Hope he paid for a ticket, cost more on the gantry as well..