Devils v Steelers - 19/02 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Sheincar

James said:
http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/steelers-it-gets-no-bigger-guaranteed-p169488

Could Steelers / Panthers no longer be the biggest ice hockey rivalry in the universe
And according to that both games are in Sheffield :shock:

ASHIPP

Sheincar said:
James said:
http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/steelers-it-gets-no-bigger-guaranteed-p169488

Could Steelers / Panthers no longer be the biggest ice hockey rivalry in the universe
And according to that both games are in Sheffield :shock:
On that subject, with the ammount of column inches 'the other lot' have received in the local press here this week, I think 'the South Wales Echo' team need reminding that they are the sponsors of the Cardiff Devils, not the Sheffield Steelers. :twisted:

Infact, anyone notice how many times the words 'Sheffield' and 'Steelers' are mentioned by PR in his match programme page for this game? Whilst 'inter-brand' rivalrly is all well and good, the Cardiff Devils fans primarily want to know about OUR team..... which is the Cardiff Devils. It was a joint programme for the Giants CC game - think they were mentioned twice!

TheStub

I'm just hoping that the officials let the game flow. Two great attacking teams with huge amounts of depth.

If we come in with the right attitude, with the atmosphere it will be one hell of a game. Win or lose this should be a great weekend.

TheStub

Devil_Bluebird said:
did sheffield travel ok? Heard its snowing in sheffield.
Halfway it seems. Simmsey tweeting location.

Heard from friends up there quite heavy snow in Shuff with travel warnings on several roads. Here's hoping that it doesn't worsen and risk tomorrow's fixtures.

TheStub

Very localised snow by the sound of it. Not drifting, but a decent depth in parts of the city. But nothing in the towns around there.

Should be fine for tomorrow though ;)

From block 8 I had a crystal clear view of voth getting hit in the head from behind 3-4 times without lifting a finger to protect himself. Talbot was stopped before he could get any in without a glove on. I assume talbots ban in in the post?

Gazza272

Need to get our stuff together for the playoffs. At this rate we will get Braehead which is probably a tougher tie than some of the top 4.

We have really choked these last few weeks. I get the distinct impression a lot of our squad are feeling sorry for themselves. Havent the time to do that i'm afraid.

kettdevil1

Disappointing to lose but the late goal to grab a point might be absolutely crucial.

As I see it, tomorrow looks to be our season in 60 minutes. A win would mean that with our games in hand we would still have a great chance of winning the league. Lose and I would say it is good night.

Can't wait.