Devils v Steelers - 09/10 - 6:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live for this game from the usual location of www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

Gazza272 will be hosting this game and as always, the host can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com

This will be the 5th game this year between the two teams including the 2 preseason games. In games that actually mean something, it's 1 win for each with the last result being a Steelers 5-3 victory in Sheffield...

Devils will be missing Mark Smith for this game - http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/mark- ... s-weekend/ - but the team are hoping Matzka will be back to the 1st line after his recovery from a slight concussion picked up against Braehead last weekend... The Steelers have a few injuries going at the moment, although Finnerty has said he'll be back according to some posts over on Stalintalk...
Sunday night is Hockey night this week in Cardiff and few games are bigger than Devils vs. Steelers in the eyes of the Devils hometown crowd. With many of last year’s Devils team returning many of the players will no doubt have the memory of losing out on the league title after levelling on points by regulation wins to the Yorkshire side firmly in mind. Either way it’s going to be a big one!
Skippy has put together another big game preview which can be found on the main website, or by clicking the following link... http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/news/match ... h-october/

As always, if you're looking for someone to get food and drink before/after the game, The Pilot in Penarth are offering discounts on both, although preordering food might be required if you plan on attending before the game. If you're still not sure where they are, directions can be found on http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/where-to-eatdrink/

Chris.

Re: Devils v Steelers - 09/10 - 6:00pm - League - Chat/Updat

Gonna be tough, but know we can beat them. Be nice to see Frank vs king round 2 as well but with a short bench for both teams doubt it will be on the cards. Also gutted to miss Mark.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #4

Gazza272 will be hosting this game...

Unfortunately I have literally no idea who the usual home game texters are, so if you do normally text and want to help out again, or you would like to help, please send gazza272 a pm.

Chris.

Ger-Devils

I will be texting as per normal.

Jon's still away I think? Not sure who else updates

Gazza272

Hi Guys,

As Chris Said anyone going to the game and would like to text can they send me a PM or a text if they have my number on Sunday.

:)

ASHIPP

Mark Smith out is bad news. :( Scott Matzka 'day-to-day' is not encouraging. :( The Devils have a good home record, but I can't see Finnerty allowing the same result as their last visit to BBT.
Very, very tough but very, very important 2 points for the League. Devils have the capability to secure the result they want....but the Guys will need to be smart on every aspect of their game because of a short bench. :?

voth26

was the first game a league or cc game!!! getting old and my memory's failing :lol:

Wannabe2

We dont play the Steelers in the cup at home until Dec 23rd apparently.

Wannabe2

Aint it just great when good people return, always nice to see missing friends return, after all at the end of the day its a very special thing we all have in common.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

D

Deleted member 1337

will we be able to see the video from the legends game again

please please please please please please can we see it rythm

I'll be following the game from Toronto again tonight. I watched the Leafs play last night and it made me miss the Devils :-(

End of 2nd period and my god im bored.

This is meant to be 2 of the better teams in the league. Sheffield look average, Devils look worse.

They better improve for the 3rd!!!

What a performance! where was the physical play? where was the spirit on the power play? what happened to our defence? and that puck did not bounce well for us tonight.. Steelers have a nettie built like a concrete wall, could not get a thing past him.. 2 goals disallowed by Darnell, one for either side, my god i thought the first 2 periods were like pulling teeth!
Darnell is being the same usual idiot he always is.. can't ref for toffee!!!
we may have come away with a point but that's twice now in as many weeks we have come up against 1 of the BIG 4 and lost at home :cry:
the whole team needs a long hard look at tonights game, and vast improvements need to be made.
gah! i'm off to bed!

Fubar

cant argue with any of the above. where was all the usual hard hitting, incident filled, games we get all hyped up to watch? it was sheer pants! Just wondering if there was a party on the #blane last night on the way home. :roll:

Diafol

Our passing was way off the mark tonight (2 players in particular but not naming names here, I hate that), we were lucky to get a point if I'm honest. Can't see us challenging for the title based on what I've seen so far this season.

Devilsmania, I watched that Leafs game this morning, were you there ? We could do with a few thrillers like that here !