Devils v Steelers - 06/10 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Looking forward to tonights game. My first one of the season after missing the first month due to holidays / busy weekends. Bought a couple of batches of the flex tickets before the offer ended so hoping to be a regular from now until the end of the season.

I predicting a close one and hopefully one just in Devils favour. Lets go Devils!

jimmy snels

I hope we get physical tonight, hit them hard like the chavs did and GET INVOLVED every shift!! Lets go devils!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Wannabe2

Now that was a Devils team tonight,and played tonight like we did at the beginning of the season. We always play better when we come out fired up, Steelers are -were top of the league for a reason, and usually find a way to win but we were having none of it tonight. Good crowd who finally went home happy, well played lads theres nowt to beat watching a Devils team when they play like Devils teams should, and we have Mr Birbraer back tomorrow. Cheers guys and great atmosphere by the best fans on the planet, same tomorrow please, and big big welcome to Rupert, welcome to Cardiff young man have a blast. One very happy Devils fan.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS. ;)

A

Anonymous

Passion-desire-attitude-effort 110% :)
Thats what i like to see.

Every player were on fire and i hope its a start of whats to come.
Fair do's the british players dont stop skating and checking.
Well done to piggott davies batch and harding :Banana

One bad point. Dont sit in block 5 with around 15 little sh**ts banging seats throwing bottles and standin up all game :evil:

drainage

Tonight I saw the team I love watching ..... They so played as a unit today think the,score should have been greater but I saw my team play well long may it continue

Loved the offensive defence that Blight played on the shorthanded time, really didn't allow them to build from their end at all.

Deeds was everywhere and played smart agression which game him a deserved MOM/No1 Star which will really annoy the all knowing Simmsey.

Good solid game of Hockey that will send the locals home smiling, a few more of those will go a long way to a succesful season.

Still some work to do but so much better, defence starting at their blue line instead of ours, Batch had his best game so far as did Milam, Forechecking by Blight, Faulkener and Deeds was great, Faulkener was just everywhere. A true Devils performance that stopped a team playing their way in our barn

The Brits were all great and put in massive performances, the officials were shit as usual, when was the last time we had a diving call, or an illegal equipment for helmet straps undone. I think too many players get away with diving/embellishing to get the tripping call, start calling a few and these will stop.

Also the call on Piggott seemed a bit harsh seemed to be an accidental collision leaving the ice 2+10 he was having a laugh

Wannabe2

Fat Boy Sim should stick to playing music in his white house. Great to see Didio shoving it up him tonight. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is why I watch hockey. Can't think of anyone with a red shirt on tonight who didn't give their all. The result is a bonus for me but the performance was top drawer. I thought deeds and Adams were good but my MOM would have been Mark Smith. It's plainly obvious how much he dislikes Mr Legue! They were hacking and whacking each other all night!

On a side note I hope Michel makes a speedy recovery didn't really see the check - anything in it?

Diafol

Pride. Passion. Energy.

Wasn't that the opening line to an intro VT (stands for videotape) not that long ago ?

We haven't seen much of that for some weeks now, but it returned big-style this evening.

Well done guys, more of the same tomorrow please.

Welshy74

eastsidedevil said:
That is why I watch hockey. Can't think of anyone with a red shirt on tonight who didn't give their all. The result is a bonus for me but the performance was top drawer. I thought deeds and Adams were good but my MOM would have been Mark Smith. It's plainly obvious how much he dislikes Mr Legue! They were hacking and whacking each other all night!

On a side note I hope Michel makes a speedy recovery didn't really see the check - anything in it?

It was a clear elbow to the head. Now call me a cynic but if Max had a ban for his hit to the head I wouldnt be surprised if Josh gets one either. Also thought Piggot's pen was correct. Finished the check when he cleary had his back to him.

Over the moon with the result and performance but we cannot afford to make it that easy for refs to ping us with 10min pens

ASHIPP

Cant think of any reason not to be proud tonight of the team. :cool:
They played with guts and grit.......and to win was a fantastic bonus.

Here are the Cardiff Devils reverting to the style that works best...simple plays, chasing everything down and being the first to every loose puck. Relentless hard work from EVERY player.Just exciting to see and well deserved win.

Some obvious changes worked well tonight - more effective pp, better positioning near the opposing goal, keeping 1 player further back on pp, faster recycling of puck, much more control on d. And Devils held their lead all game.

Kitchen sink job against the Steelers tonight. Tough again tomorrow.

For me MOM either G or Phil O. Crowd atmosphere fantastic. Rupert Quiney got a warm welcome.

Slartibartfast

Workrate - awesome
Forechecking - awesome
Backchecking - awesome
Protecting the slot - awesome
Physical play - awesome although ref calling everything made it difficult
Every player should be proud of themselves. Thats the Devils grit we have been looking for.

eastsidedevil said:

The check was to the chest area. Michel hit his head on the plexi glass which caused his injury

Paul Sullivan

Welshy74 said:
[Also thought Piggot's pen was correct. Finished the check when he cleary had his back to him.
Of course we have the benefit of replays in the booth, however I can tell you that video does not show a check from behind. Should pop up in the highlights show though I would think.

Great win tonight. I would rather grind out one against Steelers in that style to build confidence than blow another team away. Great all round from the Devils tonight.