Devils v Stars - 08/02 @ 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this weekends only game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

James is hosting this one from the rink again (I think :E) so any predictions or whatever else can be sent to matchnightlive@the-inferno.co.uk and we'll hopefully be able to access the account this time!

There won't be a Devils webcast for this game but it will be on Premier Sports.

4th game of the season between the two teams, which I guess makes this the final encounter, the Devils lead the head to head with 2 wins, the most recent of which was the start of the Scottish triple header and saw the Devils win 1-5 up in the frozen north!

A win in this game could potentially see us overtake Hull and Coventry, although the Blaze do have a game in hand there's still hope that they'll lose! Taking the two points from the Stars would also help to draw the league table even tighter and give us a real possibility of avoiding the Giants in the playoff games!

No news on who'll be sitting out for this game yet, but I think it has been mentioned that Richardson could potentially be back in the lineup for this game? Davies was expected back as well after sitting out the CC game, not sure about Quiney though...

And McPherson and Dowzak both injured. Tie up Kash, and stop Rawlyk and super scot Sam McClusky from shooting from the blue line and it's hard to see them getting anything. Excellent chance to take advantage of Hulls dropped points.

pollostrone to play this weekends games..id expect you to beat them comfortably unless they sign a couple of good imports today..

James

Administrator
Amazepux said:
pollostrone to play this weekends games..id expect you to beat them comfortably unless they sign a couple of good imports today..
Tysen Dowzak will miss the remainder of the season with a fractured ankle and Brock McPherson will miss also be out indefinitely
Bad news for Dundee

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #9
Wahay :D

With the Blaze losing to Braehead, and Hull not playing I think tonight we're upto 6th in the table?

Another win for the team and Whistle maintains a 100% record (we didn't lose to Belfast :p)

Midweek game against the Blaze, Hull on Saturday and then Steelers on Sunday and we could move even further up, or at least solidify our position :D

davew

Great result, with a good atmosphere. I definitely feel that everyone seems more relaxed with whis on the bench. Great to have Franny and G in the building. Let's hope Franny was good on TV tonight!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

rolf

KaneDevils said:
The new coach has got the cheap, non hitting Europeans playing well.

:Banana :pickle (no humble pie smiley :()
Wot? Relevance apart from dancing banana Ramas.....

Trolls everywhere.

Apart from this misfit, I believe coach whistle has got our cheap non-hitting lidl players working well.

Do I win a pencil too?

Sliput

rolf said:
Trolls everywhere.

Apart from this misfit, I believe coach whistle has got our cheap non-hitting lidl players working well.
Any need for this garbage ??

Well done guys, another great win. Loved the interview with Kurka at the end...oh, and Mac :D

Slartibartfast

Another outstanding performance for Kowos...Kosow....our new goalie.
I now understand the decision to release cook.
Our defence still have a tendency to let the opposition shoot from the slot but this guy is making some big saves.
Great performance from the Devils though who looked in control for the whole match.
We are playing as a team and the hockey is entertaining.
I thought Rama improved a lot on last game also.
I also like the fact that Whistle is playing 4 lines with a rotating import.It allows us to play with intensity and wear the opposition down.

Mooney#16

I think to analyse the current situation honestly. Whilst it is blatently apparent that the players had issues with Brent from a man management perspective and it is also apparent he isn't cut out for running the first team. You have to give him some credit as GM. He has made some very big calls this year and taken a hell of alot of criticism some of which has been appropriate as his people skills and composure have been questionable but he has also stewarded the club from a playing staff and style perspective into a far better position than they were previously. Whistle is clearly a far more accomplished and respected coach and doing a good job and is a man to be retained if the budget permits it. But he is working with the personnel Brent gave him and I think Brent deserves some credit for correctly identifying some major on ice weaknesses and addressing them with player movement. Good GM work in that particular perspective. As with every walk of life. The truth is always somewhere in the middle. He has made errors. He has got some things right.

The whole team and all associated should be congratulated on managing to turn the season in a much more positive direction and rediscovering the winning formula. To be 6th potentially pushing for 4th is a great effort and swing in momentum and form.

Another top game! on a cold and windy night.
Caught them out on loads of line changes, as show by ref sending them back on late changes. Great hit by Max to be rewarded by two min sit down. Nuf said on the stripey's.
Super pace to the game first period. Just really enjoying watching Kurka's shifts.
On a night where the Stewards were in short supply. Why were they involved in clearing the boy's from block four end of the 2nd? I'll tell you! Some small minded season ticket holders who couldn't sit in their regular seat had been grizzling. No issues from the camera boy's. Get a life! As it was they were creating a good atmosphere, as usual! Next time the cameras are at the tent, need to supply tissues!

I'm sorry thunder rd but if people sat where they were supposed to sit issues like this wouldn''t happen.People buy season tickets so they can sit in a preferred area or to be sat with friends.To give stewards stick for doing their job is just wrong.
The Devils played a good game last night and there was no panic after falling behind.I think this team might be a good outside bet for the playoffs,we are building momentum and it looks like they are playing for each other.
I hope next year we have the money to retain Whistle as Coach and Pope as MD.
Well done last night Devils good solid team effort.

Tyke Devil

New & Refreshing = The number of devils fans willing to help out the club at short notice. Fantastic response.

Old & Boring = The usual moaning and lack of knowledge about what was actually happening.