Devils v Panthers - Sun 12 Feb 2017 - FO 6pm - Chat/Updates

Rob Batch

Incredible 1st period last night ! The game was effectively over after that. Luckily Bordy provided some hilarious moments later in the game, pulling out of hits at the last moment, then laying a huge hit after the ref didnt make a holding call. Seems like things are starting to go our way, well done lads !!

Pretty much business done in the 1st, and what a first period that was, just too quick and skillful for the panthers. The lads seemed to have so much confidence last night, it was good to see us take the foot off the gas but still had control of the game. Standouts for me was Haddad and Brine. Haddad it's easy to see as he has been so consistent and on fire lately. But Brine goes unnoticed, not to his team mates but the fans. Such a quality defensive forward and his positioning is outstanding, very rarely puts a foot wrong. The point getters will get the praise, but it's guys like this that are so invaluable to a team especially a title chasing one.

Gospel

Great result of us but the Panties clearly had their minds on the 2nd leg of the cup game with Shuff and I hope they win the tie overall.

Haddad has been an absolute monster this season with his skill levels and is unplayable at times.

We appear to have our second wind now & just in the nick of time for the run in. Giants collapsed last night and have struggled recently, just like we did, and hopefully those struggles continue over the weekend. 2 massive games and I expect the first game to be brutal as the Giants simply have to win it. Fingers crossed we get something out of the weekend.

Finny

I haven't really caught up with Saturdays game but am I right in thinking Ben shut out every shot he faced this weekend?
Yes.
And he only conceded 1 from the 40 he faced in Belfast on Wednesday.
So 90 shots faced and 89 saves in the space of five days.