Devils v Panthers - 7pm 24/01 - Chat & Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

Hopefully MNL will be back with you for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl.

Devils will again be without Fulton.

Panthers have Molin out injured and maybe Ndur? Replacements have arrived but i'm not 100% they have a full team.

If Devils can win, we'll move 1pt ahead of Manchester providing they lose to Blaze :E

Chris.

Thinking of coming to this game, will be my first vist to the blue tent!

A couple of questions, is there decent parking and is there a pub nearby that sells food?

Cheers, Jono

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #3
Yes to both :)

It costs £1 to park closest to the rink in the actual car parks, but a lot of people park in the Swimming pool car park which doesn't cost anything.

There's a couple of pubs around, closest of which would be the harvester which is literally down the round from the rink, easily walking distance (depending on the weather :D).

There's the usual food outlets located within a mile or so as well, Pizza Hut, Frankie & Bennies, McDonalds, Other pub chains.

I can't link to a map as i'm in work, but maybe someone else could.

Chris.

Thanks for the info Chris, much appreciated.

Another couple of things after looking at the Devils website. Are away fans allowed to stand next to the plexi and what's the post code for the rink (gotta love sat nav :D )

Finny

Away fans are allowed to stand next to the plexi - as long as you get there early enough to get a space obviously!

Address is:
Cardiff Bay,Empire Way, Cardiff, CF11 OSP

However, it's easiest to go along the M4 until you get to junction 33 (I think?). Then follow the link road until you see signs for the sports village. It's pretty easy from there.

Wannabe2

Finny said:
Away fans are allowed to stand next to the plexi - as long as you get there early enough to get a space obviously!

Address is:
Cardiff Bay,Empire Way, Cardiff, CF11 OSP

However, it's easiest to go along the M4 until you get to junction 33 (I think?). Then follow the link road until you see signs for the sports village. It's pretty easy from there.
But dont take Carls place at the Plexi ;)

Finny

No! :lol:

In fact, I wouldn't take anyone's space down the bar end. They can get quite funny down there........ ;)

There should be lots of space down the away end though unless we have a big crowd. Having said that, I just had a quick look on the online tickets and it looks like we've sold around 1200ish already. Which is a lot for a Saturday game already.

Perhaps the fact that the Arsenal game is on Sunday and is pretty much ticket holders only means more people might come to the hockey on the Saturday night. I know Saturday games usually draw a smaller crowd, but I know I'm glad there is a game on the Sat night. Means I have something to occupy myself that night, home and bed early so I'm read for a 10am start down the pub the following morning. :D

I think I'd better start doing my finger limbering exercises early on Sturday as I am sure that MNL will be busy that evening.

On a totally separate issue longterm Devils supporters will be interested to know that at a recent NHL masters game two ex-Devils players played together Doug Smail and Glen Anderson and were remiinising about their times in Cardiff.

Doug sends his regard to all and sundry

should be a good game and great atmoshere with the panthers usually bringing a load of fans down, last years play-off game was electric!
off-topic, does anyone besides me have a problem with buying the tickets over the phone? when i ring up for tickets they always say my line is bad and i almost have to shout for them to hear me.

ive got the radio link ofr this game but when i try and play it a notice comes up saying error occurd does anyone know if it will work when the game starts??

steve

The radio link doesn't usually become live until just before the game starts.

Although there is a tendency for the connection to drop mid-game apparently, but hopefully it'll work properly tonight.

ASHIPP

MikeRichards18 said:
should be a good game and great atmoshere with the panthers usually bringing a load of fans down, last years play-off game was electric!
Now that WAS a game to remember! Utter brilliance! :D

MASSIVE weekend for the Devils - there are lots of plus points for us tonight - home crowd, tight defence record, no Johan Molin (as far as we know!) and bet the guys will be fired up.
Anyone want to predict how they think it will go?

ASHIPP

Dan said:
1st period
1-2 panthers

2nd period
0-0

3rd period
1-0 devils

ot
0-0

s/o
1-0 devils
Yeah, I'm also thinking it could be another o/t game (although I don't want to contemplate the thought)...only because it's such a critical one for both teams.
It would just be fantastic if the Devils could find an extra way past the Panthers defence, recently bolstered by a couple of signings!

Russky

I cant make the game as I am ill! DOH! Are they still doing internet radio commentary? If so what is the link to it? Is it available via windows media player or real player?