Devils v Panthers - 28/02 - 6pm - Chat/Updates

voth26

i was at the game last night the "silly penaltys" we took were calls from carson who for me was Panthers mom :evil: missed endless elbows or stick to the face, constant punches to voths face, attacks on miller/finnerty/jay. I have never had much respect for carson but last night i lost all respect, he should have had the balls to eject bergin in the first few secs but didnt, the same applies to levers and henderson!!! panthers 3rd goal should have been a devils powerplay. my conclusion of carson is that he is "A BLATENT CHEAT" who is a disgrace to the eihl and british ice hockey in general and shoild be ashamed to call himself a ref!!!!.

Finny said:
Derby Devil said:
Finny said:
When did we only have 4 skaters on when we should have had 5?
I must have missed that?????
For about 30 seconds in the first period, it was only when the crowd twigged and started screaming at the bench did G & Franny noticed
Really don't remember that.
You sure that wasn't when we were on the PK, and we were going nuts that the Panthers had 6 skaters on?
As sure as a sure thing!!!!!

PhilT was one of the first to spot it at the back of block 8 as hes that kind of spotter :lol:

Couldnt believe it took so long to spot from the bench.

Finny

At his age I'd be amazed if PhilT could see to the front of the block............. ;)

If it happened then fair enough, but I really didn't notice it. I guess people in block 8 looking down the ice would notice it more than I above the benches, though I'm suprised I didn't take any notice of the shouting.

drummer-ricky said:
wow what a game, car'n believe how one sided carson was, its unbelieveable, did anyone els catch him celebrateing when nottingham scored their 4th :evil: hope to god we don't have him for the second leg :( , not to dissapointed i thaught we played well, but fell apart completely when they scored their 2nd goal, nvm will be an exciteing away leg, come on devils i know you can pull it back :twisted:
Yes I noticed that and at the very end he was laughing and tapping one panther player(cant remember his name) on the back,I shouted down how much they pay you carson? Something needs to be done about these joker refs we got... :twisted:

For anyone who missed it, Voth did throw the elbow in that incident within the first minute causing the retaliatory punch to the back of the head.
I didnt think Carson was that bad, there were one or two blatant missed penalties for both teams, and I certainly prefer his type of reffing to that of call a sneeze Hicks.

Bottom line is we ran out of ideas, coherence and teamwork.

We now have an uphill struggle. Funnier things have happened though!

I've got to say im not too impressed with a certain players comments about this forum on a certain social website. Especially considering the amount of praise he has received off of this forum in recent weeks. I don't really see how you can blame us for being disappointed at Sunday's loss and i don't think that there has been many comments on here that were that harsh on the teams performance.
This forum and the people that use it/run it has done a lot to help support the club and we fans help pay the teams wages, so i think a little more respect should be shown.
The one thing i would say people are being slightly harsh on is jay and millers penalties at the end of the game, sure it wasn't great to have 2 players of the ice at quite a vital point in the game but at the same time can we really blame them for standing up for themselves when the ref wasn't prepared too? At times people would complain if jay and miller had done nothing.
Lastly i do think that Nottingham played a very good game on Sunday all be it slightly dirty at times and were the better team over 3 periods and i don't think it was the worst devils display we have seen this season its just unfortunate that we had to see the errors in such a vital game of the season.

Yeah - that 30 seconds or so where we played with 4 instead of 5 definitely happened. I sit in Block 9 and everyone around me was going nuts about it. Very poor mistake.

osh

nmase20 said:
I've got to say im not too impressed with a certain players comments about this forum on a certain social website. Especially considering the amount of praise he has received off of this forum in recent weeks. I don't really see how you can blame us for being disappointed at Sunday's loss and i don't think that there has been many comments on here that were that harsh on the teams performance.
This forum and the people that use it/run it has done a lot to help support the club and we fans help pay the teams wages, so i think a little more respect should be shown.
The one thing i would say people are being slightly harsh on is jay and millers penalties at the end of the game, sure it wasn't great to have 2 players of the ice at quite a vital point in the game but at the same time can we really blame them for standing up for themselves when the ref wasn't prepared too? At times people would complain if jay and miller had done nothing.
Lastly i do think that Nottingham played a very good game on Sunday all be it slightly dirty at times and were the better team over 3 periods and i don't think it was the worst devils display we have seen this season its just unfortunate that we had to see the errors in such a vital game of the season.
Not everyone on here visits certain websites, so can/will you tell us who this 'certain player' is ?

James

Administrator
osh said:
Not everyone on here visits certain websites, so can/will you tell us who this 'certain player' is ?
It's the players lookout if they add fans as friends on FB, but I'd rather it people don't broadcast names and FB comments on here (even if I am curious myself), especially if said player reads the forums.

Having said that, if a professional player can't take critisism from fans on an internet forum, they should possibly grow thicker skin or change careers. :D

jimmy snels

after investigation i take this back. but in reality if your a profesional sportsman ur going to be subject to fan apprasil. if the fans think ur giving your all your usually pretty safe usually. if the team gets critisised why not use it as motorvation?

jimmy snels said:
well if said player tried as hard as mr michel maybe he wouldnt have the problem of people complaining!!!
jimmy snels said:
after investigation i take this back. but in reality if your a profesional sportsman ur going to be subject to fan apprasil. if the fans think ur giving your all your usually pretty safe usually. if the team gets critisised why not use it as motorvation?
Hmm yes he is one of those that works very hard like Tyler, not sure why he thinks he's been critisised on here, I can only recall praise, maybe he doesn't like critisism of the team in general, but I think those that aren't pulling their weight should be the ones upset by it not the ones that are putting 100%+ in on their shifts

There are plenty of 'true fans' sticking up for said player on his profile! Maybe having private facebook settings would be better suited. Actually no, I take that back - it's hilarious.

I bet those people complaining about the forum will be the first people to log in every day and see what's going on. Apparently it's ok for them to have an opinion about a forum but not ok for people to have an opinion on a forum. Priceless.

Nice entertainment for a Tuesday afternoon anyway.

I wonder what Tylor Michel's opinion about the-inferno is?! :lol:

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #118
Don't like the forum then don't post or read it.

Perhaps it's time I start listing all the people with multiple usernames who've commented on here despite deleting accounts/registering new usernames on here and have had a dig on the profile in question.

Hiding behind usernames? Half the people who've commented on his profile are hinding behind usernames on here.

Chris :roll:

ASHIPP

And my name really is A Shipp so I'm not hiding anything! :lol:

Intrigued though - give us ignoramouses a clue who this player might be - never have to name names, just say whether he is a forward or a dman. ;)