Devils v Panthers - 19/01 - 7:30pm - CC - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

I'll be hosting this game and can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com

I'm not really sure on who usually texts OJ for home games anymore, but if you can/would like to help me out, please give me a shout on here, or alternatively if you have my mobile number, give me a text :)

Devils should be at full strength, we went into both games this weekend with a full line up and nothing was reported from either game regarding injuries, for the last home game did we also call Burrows up?

Panthers are also at full strength I believe, although after this weekends shenanigans who knows if Macdonald or Galbraith will be playing...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the big one though, with the CC games being drawable there are 3 results that can/will affect 3 teams in this group...

1) The Devils win, Nottingham go out of the CC and through go Cardiff and Sheffield...

2) The Panthers win, Cardiff go out of the CC and through go Nottingham and Sheffield...

3) We draw, Cardiff and Nottingham go through and out go Sheffield...

A win would put us top of the group and avoid Belfast in the semi-finals, instead having to play the Vipers, but as they also feature an ex-player of ours, i'm not sure that's such a good thing...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From what people have mentioned on other threads, there's not a great of tickets left for this game, so if you are planning on going probably best to purchase a ticket as soon as possible.

This will be the 4th game between the two teams, and the first game in Cardiff between them, having picked up 2 wins at the NIC and lost the first game of the season, the Devils lead with 2 wins to Panthers 1, but hopefully this will increase to 3 wins :D

Skippy has put a match preview up on the frontpage, or you can find it by clicking the following link - http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/news/challenge-cup-devils-vs-panthers/

Chris.

DevilDom

I think some sort of show of appreciation of the "streak" is needed at this game. Something to show we acknowledge how fantastic it was and that we are proud of the team and the achievement. How about a standing ovation after the team comes out on the ice or chant of Devils which is so loud that Paul Sulivan can't start the intros until its finished? It would give the team a massive lift as well before a massive game.

By my rekoning there are 295 seats left for Wednesday but 195 of them are in the end two blocks (1 and 15). I can't imagine that the panties are coming without support so we should be set for a 'blow the roof off the tent' crowd. Come on Devils!!!

ASHIPP

If the Devils have set an Elite record, then a hanging banner (up with their other achievement banners) to acknowledge it would be a great gesture. :cool: Who do we speak to about that?

Wannabe2

I think we should have a fans appreciation night, with the squad at say O'Neils. Have a few beers with the team, think it would make a good night.

Nervous about this one. Should be a sell out crowd again!

Panthers fans over on the cage are generally predicting a devils win due to their "on and off ice" issues! Apparently Galbraith and MacDonald will both play this game after being benched Saturday after allegedly getting drunk and turning up for breakfast drunk (not going to bed).

Anyway - Close game and I'm sure my blood pressure will be through the roof!! Our D need to perform IMO as Panthers have very good players going forward.

ASHIPP

samidevils said:
Nervous about this one. Should be a sell out crowd again!

Panthers fans over on the cage are generally predicting a devils win due to their "on and off ice" issues! Apparently Galbraith and MacDonald will both play this game after being benched Saturday after allegedly getting drunk and turning up for breakfast drunk (not going to bed).

Anyway - Close game and I'm sure my blood pressure will be through the roof!! Our D need to perform IMO as Panthers have very good players going forward.

Agreed - the Cage forum is in meltdown after all the rumours flying round, Panthers' performance on Saturday, recent losses and concerns about the coaching staff. :?
Panthers, and especially CN, will be desperate for a good result against the Devils.
Devils have to bring their fantastic A Game on Wednesday and do what they did against the Steelers.
The Devils have the capability, the composure, the mentality and true grit to get the result the Guys deserve.

wildthing74

Chris said:
I'm not really sure on who usually texts OJ for home games anymore, but if you can/would like to help me out, please give me a shout on here, or alternatively if you have my mobile number, give me a text :)
Text me what you need Chris,I'm available for MNL.

Russky

I think the phrase 'a real Nailbiter' will be applicable! I reckon we will win either way but the scale of it depends on which Panthers turn up, :roll: last fridays team :| or the team thet got hammered on Saturday! :D

kettdevil1

Wannabe2 said:
I think we should have a fans appreciation night, with the squad at say O'Neils. Have a few beers with the team, think it would make a good night.
Didn't Nottingham (allegedly) have that.... sadly it was between their two games against Belfast... :lol:

Diafol

kettdevil1 said:
Wannabe2 said:
Didn't Nottingham (allegedly) have that.... sadly it was between their two games against Belfast... :lol:

If The Inferno did "Like" buttons... :lol:

Wannabe2

Russky said:
I think the phrase 'a real Nailbiter' will be applicable! I reckon we will win either way but the scale of it depends on which Panthers turn up, :roll: last fridays team :| or the team thet got hammered on Saturday! :D
There only a mid table team. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Russky

Wannabe2 said:
Russky said:
There only a mid table team. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would say there's a possible chance of a 'Giantkilling'. But maybe not as We arent playing Belfast! :lol:

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #19
Thanks to everyone who's given me a shout/offered to help covering the game, apologies for being rubbishly slow getting back to you all, but hopefully that will happen tonight :)

Chris.

Wannabe2 said:
This is a good idea, however a lot of fans can't make these events. It would be good to show our appreciation at a match, for example as already mentioned a (longer than usual) standing ovation with maybe a chant of '22'. An appricate night as well would be great, just make sure there's no match the next day! :lol: